Public Schools fail again - He’s 18 and Spent 13 Days in Jail for a Pocketknife in a School Parking Lot

Sometimes, the ridiculousness of our public school systems simply astounds me although given the number of these stories every year I'm not sure why I'm astounded any more.  Either decent, logical, patriotic people with a functioning brain need to take back control of their school systems or people need to abandon them.

He’s 18 and Spent 13 Days in Jail for a Pocketknife in a School Parking Lot — and The Story Only Gets Crazier From There

It all started Dec. 12 when administrators at Ashtabula County Technical and Career Campus (A-Tech) in Jefferson, Ohio — about 60 miles northeast of Cleveland — questioned Wiser after an alleged tip regarding videos uploaded to Wiser’s You Tube account. Among the clips are reviews of video games and merchandise, home defense tactics, and an interview with a local police officer.

“The principal said he had reason to believe I had weapons in my vehicle and needed to search it,” Wiser told the Huffington Post. “He made me empty out all my pockets, and the vice principal grabbed me and patted me down very forcibly. It was somewhat awkward. Then they took my car keys. I told them what was in my car and said, ‘Don’t be alarmed.’”

Wiser added that he didn’t give school officials permission to search his vehicle, nor was there a warrant to perform the search. But they cited the school handbook as their warrant, he said, adding that they denied his request to call an attorney.

And what did they find inside Wiser’s vehicle? A folding blade pocketknife, a stun gun and two Airsoft guns.

Airsoft is a game akin to paintball in which participants shoot each other with round non-metallic pellets, and Wiser said he had plans for an Airsoft game after school. The stun gun was for self-defense, he said, adding that the pocketknife was part of his EMT kit.

“My stun gun was locked in the glove box,” Wiser told the Huffington Post, “and the knife was in my EMT medical vest. I bought it at K-Mart and have it as part of my first responder kit for cutting seatbelts.”

Edited by RobertNashville

Robert, what you call Fail, they call success...

Indoctrination.

Yeah...they got a dangerous future soldier and public servant off the street and gave him a felony criminal record; all for having a pocket knife in his EMT kit. I feel so much safer now knowing he won't be roaming around with a dangerous pocket knife trying to help people.  :(

It's a real shame...

My daughter was fully educated before we turned her loose in the federal school system (we would not have done it living just anywhere though).  She finishes up this year and participates in darn near everything, time allowing.  Anyways, last night they had a play at school and in the play, they used an AR style airsoft gun as a prop!  Get this, no one was injured, insulted or offended!  I'll also add that most of the kids carry, <gasp> pocket knives AND no one cares...  It's also expected that half the school is absent the first week of hunting season.  One of the kids reads a prayer over the intercom every morning and at every sporting event.

Ah the joys of living in a county without it's head up it's ass.

It's a real shame...

My daughter was fully educated before we turned her loose in the federal school system (we would not have done it living just anywhere though).  She finishes up this year and participates in darn near everything, time allowing.  Anyways, last night they had a play at school and in the play, they used an AR style airsoft gun as a prop!  Get this, no one was injured, insulted or offended!  I'll also add that most of the kids carry, <gasp> pocket knives AND no one cares...  It's also expected that half the school is absent the first week of hunting season.  One of the kids reads a prayer over the intercom every morning and at every sporting event.

Ah the joys of living in a county without it's head up it's ass.

This story is out of Ohio; where I grew up - during harvest season and during the first week or two of hunting most of the kids in school were helping their family on the farm/hunting and kids who were driving often had their shotguns in the trunk of the car so that they could go hunting after school; no one ever thought a thing about it.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Just another gestapo  move by a school system which is direction our education system is headed.  It might just be all faculty killed in next school shooting just to prove a point that the kids are starting to re bell against a very unfair system they are forced to attend................jmho I would much rather see done what we did when we thought the school was being unfair. We just all made a plan and all at once everyone stood up and walked out and made the school system listen to our objections to the schools operation. They had two options either listen and change or expel the entire school student body...........Most times it was a compromise but things got fixed..................jmho   

Edited by bersaguy

This story is out of Ohio; where I grew up - during harvest season and during the first week or two of hunting most of the kids in school were helping their family on the farm/hunting and kids who were driving often had their shotguns in the trunk of the car so that they could go hunting after school; no one ever thought a thing about it.

yea and when I moved down here from up north every kid that drove a pick up truck had guns hanging in gun racks in their back windows because they were going hunting after school and no one said anything or thought any more about it. In a short time I had a rack in my back window of my pick up and my rifles or shotguns hanging in mine for hunting after school.