Just got an XDm in 9mm!!

Guest nosnos

Guest nosnos

Yesterday I brought home a new Springfield XDm in 9mm, and it's amazing. I wish I could take it to a range today (stupid New Years Day) but it'll have to wait until tomorrow, I suppose. Maybe after that I'll give the range report.

For now, let me tell you all, this thing is great. I think everyone knows that it holds a whopping 19 rounds +1 (great for fighting off large mobs), but it also comes with the standard Springfield goodies (holster, mag holder, mag loader, lock, etc). The XDm's have changeable backstraps and come with 3 different sizes. On the picture is size 1 (the smallest), which my wife likes the best. I also like the largest one, but neither of us like the medium one, which is the one that comes from the factory. It also has a really nice case. Last night I was on Springfield's website and found that if you buy an XD or XDm between Oct 15 and Jan 15 you get another free mag holder and 2 free mags. That really sweetens the deal for me. :up:

I wanted to get it as a dedicated home gun. One that is ALWAYS ready to go here at home. I'll take my little Glock out with me now, more than I used to. Before, I always felt better leaving it home for my wife, so she'd have something in the house bigger than her Kel-Tec P3AT, and easier to wield than the AR. But now, this will be the one that hangs out with her in the evenings when I'm working. Anyway, I'm now waiting on my TLR-1 light.

My only complaint so far is that the ambi magazine release (a surprise for me when I got it. I didn't know before that it's ambidextrous) is REALLY hard to press. I've been reading though, and it seems that it's common to all of the XDm's with a fully-loaded magazine. I guess you want a loaded magazine to stay IN the gun anyway... Ha ha... Supposedly it'll loosen up a bit with use.

I know the Rabbi isn't the most popular guy on TGO, but I have to tell you that East Side Gun Shop in Nashville made me a great deal on this gun. They didn't have one in stock but got it here for me in 2 days for the low, low price of $573, a good 10% lower than any other shop in Nashville that I could find. The Rabbi seems more than happy to special order a gun, and his prices are really great.

Here's a few pictures...

3156512475_63e87d41ed.jpg?v=0

3157344712_bbe3cd69e8.jpg?v=0

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nosnos

Yeah, I'm ready for China. And when my two free mags get here I'll be able to walk around with 77 rounds. That might be worth a special trip to Walmart, just to say I did it.

I am about to buy the same gun within a week or so soon. I want to hop on the deal soon while they still have the extra accessory packs to give away. But i am still debating on whether to get it in the 9mm or .40 caliber form. What do yall prefer/recommend and why? I currently have a 9mm and i love the way it shoots with minimal recoil and all, but i think i might want to get something with a little more power. Do yall think it would make that much of a difference? All advice is appreciated.

Guest eyebedam

I haven't handled a XDm in a awhile so honestly I don't remember their size but would this make a nice carry weapon or is it a little large in size for that?

I haven't handled a XDm in a awhile so honestly I don't remember their size but would this make a nice carry weapon or is it a little large in size for that?

Well, the butt on my XD Service makes it rather problematic for me to carry, but I'm fairly obsessed with zero printing. So I know the M wouldn't be a carry choice for me.

- OS

I am about to buy the same gun within a week or so soon. I want to hop on the deal soon while they still have the extra accessory packs to give away. But i am still debating on whether to get it in the 9mm or .40 caliber form. What do yall prefer/recommend and why? I currently have a 9mm and i love the way it shoots with minimal recoil and all, but i think i might want to get something with a little more power. Do yall think it would make that much of a difference? All advice is appreciated.

Just speaking for myself, I decided to consolidate my autos to one caliber, 9mm. Mainly for fewer calibers to keep up with and stock. It didn't hurt that 9mm is also the cheapest above .22, too. And I feel it's also enough oomph for SD.

On the other hand, if I'd already owned a .40 that I really liked, might have consolidated all to .40, though.

- OS

Guest abailey362

I have a .40 and it has been a great gun. I am used to the kick of .40 now and pretty much compensate for it without thinking.

One plus in my eye on getting the .40 is the ability to get a conversion barrel for about $150 and then you have a 9 and a .40.

The .40 mags will run with 9mm fine, but I don't think the 9mm mags will take .40's

One plus in my eye on getting the .40 is the ability to get a conversion barrel for about $150 and then you have a 9 and a .40.

The .40 mags will run with 9mm fine, but I don't think the 9mm mags will take .40's

Good point. I forgot about the conversion.

Seems many folks have to tweak lips of the .40 mags for 9mm to feed reliably, though. You are right about the 9mm mags not accepting .40.

- OS

Guest HexHead

Get some +P for it then. That really narrows the gap between the two calibers. It will also give you the option for cheaper practice ammo, and not have to sell the gun because you don't like the .40 round like I did.

Guest bkelm18
I have been putting off going to East Side, because of all the Rabbi bashing I have read. Maybe I should go see for myself.

He's not the evil guy that everyone makes him out to be. He's just an arrogant jack*ss.