AR prices coming down?

jonnnyboy

4 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I have at a few, but most have not had them when I asked. I think a lot of them go ahead and build a cheap AR with anything they have lying around. Several of the stores are handguns and hunting rifles only. I still have not gotten a good relationship with one that is close enough for frequent stops. The couple close are not a good fit for me on attitude or environment. The couple I like are way out of my way. Maybe if I was a "regular" I might get calls when they get something. 

I might have to break down and get some online from PSA or something. I just kind of hate to order a $50 lower off PSA and then pay $25 for transfer and background check. I know it spreads our if I order several, just still seems wrong.

And, Yes, I know I sound like a cheapskate in this and some other posts, but I have a finite amount to spend, I had better make the best of it.

Aim Surplus has Anderson lowers at 39.99 right now. Not a great deal lower than you stated, but maybe get some guys to buy with you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

Figures that I'm in a collectables buying mood at this time :-\

That's the kind of firearms I'm after as well. I like having firearms that most don't have, or maybe not even know of. I really like preban rifles, but all of them are $$$$. Something I don't have a whole lot of. The ones I have now, I've lucked upon and snatched them up. It's an expensive hobby but at least there's a fun factor and I can enjoy them. Customizing cars turned out to be a money pit with some fun and then I ended up losing after selling. Live and learn.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hipower said:

Aim Surplus has Anderson lowers at 39.99 right now. Not a great deal lower than you stated, but maybe get some guys to buy with you.

Hipower

Any chance you have a link to it? I looked on their site, but it is kinda hard to navigate for my mobile.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Hipower

Any chance you have a link to it? I looked on their site, but it is kinda hard to navigate for my mobile.

Thanks

My tech skills are really, really bad. Not kidding. I got an email from them this afternoon. If you like, send me a pm here with your email account, and I'll send it to you.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JoeCorrado said:

That was a helluva deal for a stripped lower!!

Great ad price. Whether or not it's a great deal out the door depends on transfer cost at your FFL. Main reason I buy mine local is because of what the transfer cost may add and also I can walk out with my lower that day even if for a couple more dollars to help support the local shop. 

On the flip side, if you were buying ten, would probably be a great cost savings. 

17 minutes ago, JoeCorrado said:

I work at a big box dealer part time so my transfers are free. Just have to pay the background check and they're officially mine. A small perk of the job with all the BS I have to put up with.

That's a pretty dang good perk! I'd be broke every paycheck......like I am now lol

23 minutes ago, JoeCorrado said:

I work at a big box dealer part time so my transfers are free. Just have to pay the background check and they're officially mine. A small perk of the job with all the BS I have to put up with.

Yeah that is nice. I worked in a retail store in a tourist area for 5 years. I feel your pain about the BS. 

I would probably just put a bunch back or on layaway and buy them at once so you even save the multi charge on background checks

• Like 1
Just now, rugerla1 said:

That's a pretty dang good perk! I'd be broke every paycheck......like I am now lol

It is and it isn't. I'm definitely the definition of gun poor. I have a full time job 4 days a week and my part time job gives me my play money to add to the safe. Now my wife doesn't complain about spending money but she does complain about not being home enough. Just can't win.

• Like 1
Just now, Ronald_55 said:

Yeah that is nice. I worked in a retail store in a tourist area for 5 years. I feel your pain about the BS. 

I would probably just put a bunch back or on layaway and buy them at once so you even save the multi charge on background checks

Guilty as charged already!

29 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

Great ad price. Whether or not it's a great deal out the door depends on transfer cost at your FFL. Main reason I buy mine local is because of what the transfer cost may add and also I can walk out with my lower that day even if for a couple more dollars to help support the local shop. 

On the flip side, if you were buying ten, would probably be a great cost savings. 

I was in s shop today and most I saw were almost a $100 before tax and bgc. Maybe I missed the cheaper ones somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I was in s shop today and most I saw were almost a $100 before tax and bgc. Maybe I missed the cheaper ones somewhere.

Anderson's when in stock shouldn't be close to $100 but they typically move fast. As far as Spikes, Aero, etc I expect to see them at $89 or $99 before tax and bg check. I guess more what I was meaning stemmed from stories of $45 or $55 transfer fees. I want to say that the most I've paid locally was $25?  At that price you'd still do good for a $39 Anderson lower. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

Anderson's when in stock shouldn't be close to $100 but they typically move fast. As far as Spikes, Aero, etc I expect to see them at $89 or $99 before tax and bg check. I guess more what I was meaning stemmed from stories of $45 or $55 transfer fees. I want to say that the most I've paid locally was $25?  At that price you'd still do good for a $39 Anderson lower. 

The place I was in today is $15 transfer for the first gun $5 each after that in the same purchase. $10 BG check. They are goin up next week though.

I did not recognize the lower brands,  but I did not look too hard since I really need to hold off buying uless it is a great deal.

• Like 1