Why I like a Glock?

glockster157

Guest jackdog

Ggun

You should really consider removing your signature phrase. It's vile and disgusting. You may mean well by it, but, nonetheless glockster157, your message is bigoted.

Ggun I think you post is totally off base, you need to really think about what that signature line says. A hint it is very in time with our gun struggle in America at this time.

To all I apologize for jumping off topic.

As to Glocks they are without a doubt a damn fine gun and excellent for self defense in the hands of a competent operator. I own two a 23 and 27 and carry them often

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Ggun

Ggun I think you post is totally off base, you need to really think about what that signature line says. A hint it is very in time with our gun struggle in America at this time.

As to Glocks they are without a doubt a damn fine gun and excellent for self defense in the hands of a competent operator. I own two a 23 and 27 and carry them often

Its ok, he likes to play his confrontational games. No use in feeding him.

Back OT:

I owned a G20 and it was really a great gun. The ergos aren't the best but I do appreciate the reputation for reliability they have. Some day I might get another.

Guest eyebedam
You are not a moderator. Leave the moderating to those of us who are.

In the future if you feel that something like this needs to be addressed, click on the button beneath the post in question to report that post to the moderator team and we'll look into it. It's not your place to address it with the member in question. In this case I see no reason to bother; the signature quote is bigoted in any way. Jew is a concatenated form of the word Jewish, not a slur.

Ggun

In case you missed it from the first page here ya go.

Off topic: Fail Safe was a GREAT flick, and I like the sig line.

On topic: I picked up a G19 because I wanted a gun I could beat the poop out of and not give a flying truck about. The Glock is definitely the Timex of the gun world, and that works for me. Mainly being a Sig P-Series fan myself, I never thought I would end up owning one, but I do... and I like it. :lol:

... The Glock is definitely the Timex of the gun world, ...

I had Timex IndiGlo, perfect watch, but it died after a year..got another one, it didn't last a year.

I don't they "take a licking and keep on ticking" since the days when John Cameron Swayze used to hawk them.

- OS

I had Timex IndiGlo, perfect watch, but it died after a year..got another one, it didn't last a year.

I don't they "take a licking and keep on ticking" since the days when John Cameron Swayze used to hawk them.

- OS

I'll thank you not to read to closely into my comparison between a firearm and an ad slogan in the near future, clock knocker.

I'll thank you not to read to closely into my comparison between a firearm and an ad slogan in the near future, clock knocker.

Hee hee...

Well, to me, comparing a Glock to a Timex means you're calling the Glock a cheap POS :)

Incidentally, I don't see that slogan anymore, it's not their website -- so they probably know what crap the product has become!

- OS

Hee hee...

Well, to me, comparing a Glock to a Timex means you're calling the Glock a cheap POS :)

Incidentally, I don't see that slogan anymore, it's not their website -- so they probably know what crap the product has become!

- OS

Haha, I see your point. :)

But, let's face it: The Glock is no Rolex. It's affordable, and gets the job done, over and over.

Timex quality may have gone the way of the buffalo, but you get my drift :)

honestly my Timex keeps better time then my Submariner!

Your Submariner needs to be serviced. My GMT Master used to run fast (about 4 min. per month). I took it in for service, told them how fast it was running, and they fixed it. Now the thing is like wearing an atomic clock on my wrist. Keeps great time.

[/:)]

Haha, I see your point. :)

But, let's face it: The Glock is no Rolex. It's affordable, and gets the job done, over and over.

Timex quality may have gone the way of the buffalo, but you get my drift :)

Of course I do, just raving about Timex more than anything :)

And the Glock IS a fine utilitarian weapon, and except for it's rare failures with its unsupported chamber with overly hot or poorly cased .40 ammo, rock solid.

I'd own one or two if they aimed where I pointed them without using the sights.

- OS

Guest eyebedam
Of course I do, just raving about Timex more than anything :)

And the Glock IS a fine utilitarian weapon, and except for it's rare failures with its unsupported chamber with overly hot or poorly cased .40 ammo, rock solid.

I'd own one or two if they aimed where I pointed them without using the sights.

- OS

That's just because your old & your hands are shakey:)

That's just because your old & your hands are shakey:)

Hey, I resemble that remark! Whippersnapper.

Try pointing them with one hand, either straight forward or to the right if you are right handed.

I prefer to point them in the direction I'd like to shoot !

If I drop into a modified Weaver it points high for me and I have to work on that. I am just curious if this happens to others.

When I do my double back flip double naught 7 quick surprise stance, they point high. And make my shaky hands hurt.

Actually, seriously, they always point high for me. It's a pretty common report, not just me.

- OS

Instead of Timex, Glocks to me are more like the original VW Beetle (not the new Beetle) - simple. cheap enough, and reliable. But not pretty, kinda ugly actually. And if you do simple maintenance they seem to run forever.

Now, I did blow up a couple of the air-cooled VW engines, but that was due to alcohol and drug induced ignorance and neglect during the college years. School Daze.

Haven't blown up a Glock yet, I'll keep y'all posted.

Instead of Timex, Glocks to me are more like the original VW Beetle (not the new Beetle) - simple. cheap enough, and reliable. But not pretty, kinda ugly actually. And if you do simple maintenance they seem to run forever.

Now, I did blow up a couple of the air-cooled VW engines, but that was due to alcohol and drug induced ignorance and neglect during the college years. School Daze.

Haven't blown up a Glock yet, I'll keep y'all posted.

Wait... I'm supposed to clean it?

Guest Clutch442

Glocks are good for all the right reasons. I have other guns and I like them too. But I keep coming back to my glocks. I don't even think they are ugly!

- OS

I have a Timex Ironman that is still going strong on the original battery after 4 years.

Guest db99wj
I have a Timex Ironman that is still going strong on the original battery after 4 years.

I have an ironman, I have replaced the battery twice, and the bands, probably 5 or six times over the past 7-8 years (I'm guessing) Dang thing keeps on going. I have rubbed the finish off of the plastic (dark blue is a lighter blue) and some of the white that is around the words (mode, stop/reset, etc).

But I don't have a Glock , I have The XD.;)

Since this has turned into a wrist watch thread, I have a titanium Wenger that I have had for 10 years now. Great watch, I have lived with it on my wrist nearly the whole time, replaced the band last year because I like the stretch type. Now I think I covered my watch.

AS to XD's, I have got to try one one day, it just seems I can always get a better deal on a used Glock, I already have a ton of Glock holsters and accessories and I know how to work on them. One day I will find a deal on a XD and I will give it a go. Every complains about the Glock grip angle and lack of safety, and I agree, but the XD's feel like a.....I don't know...very square blockish in my hand, I never feel comfortable holding one.

Guest db99wj
Since this has turned into a wrist watch thread, I have a titanium Wenger that I have had for 10 years now. Great watch, I have lived with it on my wrist nearly the whole time, replaced the band last year because I like the stretch type. Now I think I covered my watch.

AS to XD's, I have got to try one one day, it just seems I can always get a better deal on a used Glock, I already have a ton of Glock holsters and accessories and I know how to work on them. One day I will find a deal on a XD and I will give it a go. Every complains about the Glock grip angle and lack of safety, and I agree, but the XD's feel like a.....I don't know...very square blockish in my hand, I never feel comfortable holding one.

I almost went with a Glock but the grip, it didn't feel good in my hand. I suppose I would get use to the grip, but when I picked up the XD, if felt and pointed great. Glocks are great guns, simple, effective and run in most conditions. If they break, parts are easy to get and replace. Hell there was a vid on here done by a infamous trainer at a training school where they put 1,000 rounds through it as quick as they could pull the trigger. No real problems except for it puking the plastic guide rod out because of the heat and it melted, crazy thing is that, the Glock kept running. They, in my opinion are very impressive, except for the whole shooting yourself in the ass thing....:D:D I kid, I kid....