Dunkirk... who's going to watch it?

Sam1

So we saw it at the IMAX theater this afternoon.  The theater was less than 1/4 full, but it was a beautiful afternoon so I'm sure that had something to do with it. 

Great movie. Took me a bit to figure out that all the stories are happening simultaneously. 

• Like 1
I don't doubt that at all. Children today are not taught what we were taught when we were in school. The reason that they quit teaching U.S. History in public schools was that they declared the text books and teachings to be racist because of the part where the Civil war was discussed and they said is was to depressing for students to learn. It was a very dark part of our nations history but it was a part of it regardless. I agree that it is wrong for 1 man to own another and a great war was faught and thousands of Americans died proving that and I think all young Americans need to learn it..............JMHO 

What school district did all of that? I assure you New Hampshire schools have nothing of the sort. Civil War, slavery all still taught. I think someone is pulling your leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good film. Tom Ford and Mark Rylance deliver great performances as always. Dogfight scenes are thrilling. Like most war films there is an antiwar message to be discerned. It passed my test in that I never looked at my watch.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, aldodds3 said:

What school district did all of that? I assure you New Hampshire schools have nothing of the sort. Civil War, slavery all still taught. I think someone is pulling your leg.

The greater Chicago school system for 1. I have friends up there that had told me about it several times. I grew up up there till age 17 and I was taught all of it in US history but my friends have grandchildren that don't have any US History classes offer in Junior high and High Schools.

The greater Chicago school system for 1. I have friends up there that had told me about it several times. I grew up up there till age 17 and I was taught all of it in US history but my friends have grandchildren that don't have any US History classes offer in Junior high and High Schools.

Lol, "friends told me". Well that's all the proof anyone needs!

It took me about 30 seconds to prove "your friends" know jack squat. US History is in the core curriculum. You're welcome.

http://www.k12.com/high-school-course-list.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://www.k12.com/high-school-course-list.html

2 hours ago, aldodds3 said:

Lol, "friends told me". Well that's all the proof anyone needs!

It took me about 30 seconds to prove "your friends" know jack squat. US History is in the core curriculum. You're welcome.

http://www.k12.com/high-school-course-list.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://www.k12.com/high-school-course-list.html

Why do you insist on calling people's friends or family liars?  This is the 3rd time I've seen lately,  one of them was me.

A course list is far from a syllabus, which could also be far from what's actually taught in the class.  Unless you've got your class notes from when you were there, a course list is meaningless.  

I called them wrong. I did not say they are liars. You made that up so here you are being wrong again. They are wrong. So are you. If your feelz are hurt, you ought to toughen up or not be wrong so often.

1 hour ago, aldodds3 said:

I called them wrong. I did not say they are liars. You made that up so here you are being wrong again. They are wrong. So are you. If your feelz are hurt, you ought to toughen up or not be wrong so often.

I would be willing to bet peejmans skin is a lot thicker than your is but I am not going to lower myself to your level any further than I already have.....:doh:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, aldodds3 said:

Your definition of wrong is wrong, and I can assure you I'm not wrong in that regard.  Bye bye now. :wave:

• Like 1
 Links you posted are from a Home school course K12 and not from the Public School System.

Charter Schools are home schools?

Try this one. This completes my education of the low information crowd.

Anyone got the stones to admit I'm right based on all available info? Or have info more credible than "my friends" to refute me?

https://chooseyourfuture.cps.edu/high-school-college-career/high-school-planning/high-school-requirements/

14 hours ago, aldodds3 said:

You lie.

A little harsh with the accusations there aren't we?  While mostly unhinged, we do try to express some level of respect for each other on the board.  This is one of the few places on the internet that is *nearly* troll-free.

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

Just a reminder to do like your mama taught you - and play nice.

We can certainly disagree with one another - but doing so should follow the same rules as it would if it were to happen at the dinner table.  Be respectful, be prepared to back up your arguments, and avoid personal attacks.

Otherwise, don't be surprised when people quit inviting you to dinner...

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, peejman said:

Indeed. I loved the flying sequences. 

Yep, the realism is what made it so good.  I wont do a spoiler and ruin it for anyone, but some parts of those fighting scenes will startle you lol