Guns and Ammo (Memphis)

Guest fastshotivy

Guest fastshotivy

Do they have good deals? Ammo prices? Do they have a lot of good line of Pistols? Do they have used pistols? Shot guns? Rifles?

Thanks for the input on this.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every once in a blue moon they will have a good deal on something. I think they get a basement bargain price on federal hydra shock once a year and you can get a fity round box for the price of a twenty. Thy do have used guns, but have only found one or two deals in all the years i've been in there. The problem is the staff. They are generally a**holes. One o two of thm have been nice, but gnerally they ar dicks. Also, as to their prices on guns, a few years ago I wanted a Glock 27 with night sights. I think they wanted $595. Range Usa got the same gun fo me for $525.

The good thing about them is that they have a HUGe selection of anything and everything you want.

They have the best line of handguns you'll probably ever see, and some of the biggest *******s you'll ever meet. However, there are several pretty nice fellows in there. They sometimes have the best price in town on some guns, while others are so-so. They usually run a cash or debit card deal that gets you out the door for the price of the gun, plus $10 for a background check (no tax). If you want to support the nice guys, go fondle everything ever made at G&A, then go order it at RangeUSA, Rangemaster, or Classic Arms. IF it costs more at all, it won't be much, and it's well worth supporting the other guys, IMO.

Guest Loaded247

At Guns & Ammo, over on the side where the revolvers are, there is an older gentleman (who always wears a revolver), and he is a flat out nice guy....I always make sure that I go over and speak when I go in there. There is also a guy named Brian, who can usually be found on the revolver side as well (but sometimes goes to the other side when they need the extra help over there). Brian works at our range (MSSA) on the weekends as a range officer. He is also a very nice guy.

As to the rest of the guys (on the main side with the wide selection of semi-auto pistols) the service that you get will in fact vary....but if you go in prepared to deal with @holes, you won't be 'shocked'...:up:

The ammo selection is usually pretty good, and sometimes the prices are not bad. Likewise, dealing with cash or debit card on firearm purchases gets you a bit of a break. Most of what they have is new stuff. Sometimes, they will have used items, and SOMETIMES those items can be had at very decent prices, but the key word is 'sometimes'. All in all, it is in fact worth going in to look. When I'm looking to buy something, I go to ALL of the shops around town to do a price check before buying...

One word of caution: Whatever you do, just go in and BUY what you want from them. Do NOT take something to trade or sell....you will receive an EXTREME insult. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

They should change their name to 'Guns & #holes'....:D

Edited by Loaded247
They have the best line of handguns you'll probably ever see, and some of the biggest *******s you'll ever meet. However, there are several pretty nice fellows in there. They sometimes have the best price in town on some guns, while others are so-so. They usually run a cash or debit card deal that gets you out the door for the price of the gun, plus $10 for a background check (no tax). If you want to support the nice guys, go fondle everything ever made at G&A, then go order it at RangeUSA, Rangemaster, or Classic Arms. IF it costs more at all, it won't be much, and it's well worth supporting the other guys, IMO.

+1 Deerslayer

Couldn't have summed it up better myself. I have to push myself just to go in there because they can be so arrogant. I used to know the owner years ago and trust me, it is a trickle down effect. I personally do all my business at Range USA. They don't have near the selection but everyone is helpful and throw in range passes and discounts with every gun purchase. (I bought my XD45c there about a month ago.)

Guest Wilson1

Guns and Ammo = :up:.

I personally choose to spend my hard earned money with businesses (Dabbs, Gun Exchange - both in DeSoto County MS) which show a true appreciation for it; both know that I can purchase what I want, when I want, and from where I want - and they are genuinely helpful and gracious. I usually have researched in depth what it is I am seeking, therefore I tend to not have the need to ask a lot of questions. It's usually pretty much a case of "here's what I can give you for it". We may dicker a bit - if agreement is made, great. If not, I'll see you later - maybe even tomorrow on something else in the case that caught my eye. No hard feelings either way - business is business.

And yes, there is a Guns and Ammo in Southaven (guess it's still there, last there pissed off about 10 years ago).

F-em, please patronage an establishment which respects and appreciates YOU!

Mike

PM me if you need contact information me regarding Dabbs or Gun Exchange (Jeff (GE) is also advertising on the radio, and you may have heard his commercials).

Every time I go to Guns and Ammo it's like its a mad dash, gun buying party. Tons of people, long waits, and varying service. Awesome Glock prices though.

If you want to talk about A-holes, talk about Range Master.

Range USA gets ALL my business after one Range Master visit.

I go to guns and ammo so that I can get my hand on the gun that I am looking at. I took my wife there not to long ago, to shop for a 9mm. We were able to get several types of guns out and see which one she like....(this was before the election).

The older gentleman that works with the revolvers, is about as nice as you can find. There are a few more guys in there that are semi nice, but the ones that are a$$ holes, trumps the others.

I have bought one gun from them and it was probably 4 years ago.

I go to Guns and Ammo about twice a month just to see what they have.

My opinions:

As far as customer service in a gun shop...Classic Arms can not be beat.

as far as customer service in a gun range....Range USA can not be beat.

Guest superslacker

Most of the employees at Guns and Ammo can go choke on fish heads. As mentioned, trade in prices are a JOKE and the one decent employee works behind the revolver counter. Avoid this place at all costs! I hope they go out of business as soon as possible.

Guest truthsayer

I actually had a pleasant experience there today. I found the foregrip I was looking for and was able to peruse all of the 1911 grips. Granted, they didn't have what I wanted, but the friendly, portly fellow on the revolver side was gracious and helpful. I attribute this to there being only 10 people in the store when I went, which never happens.

I actually had a pleasant experience there today. I found the foregrip I was looking for and was able to peruse all of the 1911 grips. Granted, they didn't have what I wanted, but the friendly, portly fellow on the revolver side was gracious and helpful. I attribute this to there being only 10 people in the store when I went, which never happens.

That is awesome, glad you had a good experience.

Guest truthsayer
That is awesome, glad you had a good experience.

I've also had my fair share of waiting for 20 minutes with cash in hand to buy a holster I could see from where I was standing.

I have bought a few odds and ends there. I brought my mint condition, no scratches, no wear marks, less than a 100 rounds through it, still had the original box Rossi .38 (J frame size) in to see if they would do some trading or something when I was buying my handgun. When I was waited on, he took it back there in the back and waited about 10 seconds and came back and said $50, and handed it back to me, and then stared at me. I said well I guess I will hold on to it and not use it as a trade in. He seemed satisfied with that comment and decided he was finished with our conversation, walked away. I know my little Rossi is not a high end gun, and it very well might be worth $50, but I was treated as if I was wasting this guys time. I didn't buy a gun that day, but I did the next weekend at Classic Arms.

The old guy with the revolver is a very nice guy, and a there are a couple other ones that are nice.

I think part of their inattentiveness is the fact there is so much crap shoved in there, and some of the "clientel" that are in there, and the number of people that are in there at a given time, it is easy for things to disappear. Some guy stole a holster when the last time I was there. A newer younger employee was given a stern talking too about not watching, especially when someone has something in hand.