4th Gen (RTF) Glock @ Shot 2009

Guest CK1

so another year, another let down... appears the pics floating around of the 4th gen glock are accurate. although the design has been around since 1985, the only thing they've decided needs changing is the grip surface treatment, and the slide serrations? lame.

what's so bad about evolution in design? imagine how great a G19/17/22/23 would be if they just made the whole thing a 1/4" thinner? or had changeable grips/backstraps? something, anything... has anyone over at glock ever had a chance to handle an M&P, XDM or SR9, or do they just ignore the fact that their design is getting kind of long in the tooth? sheesh.

just an opinion... thoughts?:P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flyfishtn

It is amazing, with all the innovations from all the manufacturers one would think they would take those cues to make modifications to draw in more buyers.

I for one don't own a Glock. Don't like the fit in my hand compared to the XD/M&P/Walther designs. If they offered some of the more ergonomic design features, I would likely buy.

Guest 70below

If I didn't have so many rounds through Glock frames, I'd probably not be a fan with todays multitude of offerings. I've thought long and hard about a M&P.....maybe after a few more wants have been filled.

It is amazing, with all the innovations from all the manufacturers one would think they would take those cues to make modifications to draw in more buyers.

I for one don't own a Glock. Don't like the fit in my hand compared to the XD/M&P/Walther designs. If they offered some of the more ergonomic design features, I would likely buy.

i've owned glocks in the past, and appears ownership will stay in the past... now i have an M&P and an SR9 and feel ok with the world.

a glock is a super reliable, first of it's kind, class defining, quality pistol... that unfortunately IMHO is out classed by it's contemporaries these days.

having said that, if they came out with a freshened-up/ergo-friendly new glock design, i'd probably buy 2! ...and you could probably put every other current or past glock guy down for at least 1 as well...

they should hire me, we could sell a lot of guns...:P

Guest cdsusong

I agree, if they had the frame a little thinner and ergo they would sell a ton of these things in a heart beat. And why won't they produce a 380 in the states? That thing would outsell anything in its category. Could you imagine a 10 round, thinner, mag extended, and oh yeah, a manual safety. I think I need a cigarette!

Guest Micromancer

Anyone who recognizes the 4th gens as the Godsend they are is going to reap the benefits later.

This isn't because anyone but LEOs will buy one - it's because everyone that wanted a $350 3rd gen LE trade in with night sights has a good shot at them now.

I absolutely believe Glock is the best tool for personal defense. It would take nothing short of bribery to get me to consider a 4th gen.

I have a 3rd gen and I would be happy if they NEVER changed it. I am not the biggest person in the world but I can comfortably handle a Glock. Im tired of hearing the complaints they are too big, they don't come with all the extra crap (redundant safety crap the XD's have, extra front/back straps to fit your hand) PHHHHHHHHHHHH to all that crap. Glock dose not neex to add the extras they sell enough as it.

Guest cdsusong

be careful with the purchase of a used LEO trade in. I say this in regards to the night sights. Oh yeah, that vendor will tell you that they are as bright as the north star, but when you get it home and in the dark, guess what? Now that $350 Glock has just turned into a $450 USED Glock after you replace the night sights! Then you will kick your butt and say, dang, for another $50 I could have had a brand new one! (minus the night sights of course) Sorry, just having a flash back. Did no one jump on my 380 idea? Whats up with that?

And why won't they produce a 380 in the states? ..

I guess because they aren't tooled up to fully produce any handgun in the US. Why? Dunno. Must have something to do with profit margin being higher with their current import strategy.

And of course they can't sell the .380 here that they do abroad.

- OS

I agree, if they had the frame a little thinner and ergo they would sell a ton of these things in a heart beat. And why won't they produce a 380 in the states? That thing would outsell anything in its category. Could you imagine a 10 round, thinner, mag extended, and oh yeah, a manual safety. I think I need a cigarette!

Then it would not be a Glock!

Plus, you have to consider import points

Guest HexHead
Did no one jump on my 380 idea? Whats up with that?

When I was reading about the new Kahr .380, I was thinking how it seems everyone is jumping on the .380 pocket gun bandwagon now. I was wondering if Glock will be next? Boy, they'd sell a million of them.

I'm guessing SIG will do really well with the one they just released at SHOT.

Import points is why they have never made it here.

Well, if they actually made it here, they could sell it here.

Heck, regular size Glocks only barely make the points "cut".

I've read here and there that Glock is making or having made more of their frames in the US now, though?

- OS

Meh, Glock will change their design when they stop selling the current design... and we all know that isn't happening anytime soon. I really like my Glock .40 and hope they don't Eff it up!

When I was reading about the new Kahr .380, I was thinking how it seems everyone is jumping on the .380 pocket gun bandwagon now. I was wondering if Glock will be next? Boy, they'd sell a million of them.

I'm guessing SIG will do really well with the one they just released at SHOT.

There's no way I would stick a "trigger safety only" handgun in my pocket. Sorry, pocket-carry handguns need a safety. Wouldn't want to blow your dingo off... :mad:

Edited by Slipstream