Memphis Area Meet and Greet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple ideas.    Maybe we can do a weekend get together at MSSA for those of us who can make it.    They have all kinds of events open to non-members and there is plenty of space.  Bring a lawn chair and maybe a cigar and we'll hang out.   If we get enough interest, I am happy to go to the club management for approval.

We could also have another event during the week, maybe one evening, at a tap room around town.    Restaurants are complicated.  I know not everyone drinks beer, but tap rooms are a good venue to people to come and go as they please, and many of them have room inside and out.    The Ready Room tap room on Brookhaven Circle off Poplar is a good centrally located one, and food and non-alcoholic drinks are available. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 12/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, ken_mays said:

They have all kinds of events open to non-members and there is plenty of space

Really? Last I heard it was close to a thousand bucks to get your foot in the door there, and four hundred a year after that. They just let any old riff-raff in off the street?

If you can get them to let us have a little meetup there, that would be cool. I think the main problem is that people just don't check this forum that often. There's got to be a way to organize...

Edited by Cottonmouth
4 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

Really? Last I heard it was close to a thousand bucks to get your foot in the door there, and four hundred a year after that. They just let any old riff-raff in off the street?

If you can get them to let us have a little meetup there, that would be cool. I think the main problem is that people just don't check this forum that often. There's got to be a way to organize...

They have matches like USPSA and Steel Challenge that are open to the public.   I'm not sure what the criteria are for hosting a non-member event.

I wouldn't rule out MSSA since there seem to be a few guys who are already members here.  As an alternative though it might be worth looking at setting up a private class/group event through some place like Topgun Memphis if we can get 8 or so guys together.   Run a class together and have a meet & greet in the attached restaurant afterwards or during the class break.

Personally, I'd prefer we all just gather at a restaurant or such where can can relax, talk and get to know each other. But I'm open to just about anything. I'd really like to meet the local TGOers. 

As I've said before, nobody seems to want to take the lead and organize some type of meet.  I'm no good at such things. Anybody wanna take charge? 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much going on here.

I shoot at Sardis, MS, McLver gun range. $20 for half day noon till evening. Pistol and 100 yard rifle bays are covered and next to each other. Longer range a walk or short drive. Skeet, trap and archery areas too. I can check to see if we can set up canopies and grill for a meet.

Edited by DeepSouth
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:59 AM, Grayfox54 said:

Personally, I'd prefer we all just gather at a restaurant or such where can can relax, talk and get to know each other. But I'm open to just about anything. I'd really like to meet the local TGOers. 

As I've said before, nobody seems to want to take the lead and organize some type of meet.  I'm no good at such things. Anybody wanna take charge? 

Pm sent about meet and greet

• Like 1

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.