Jumping into 3D printing. Incredible.

Hozzie

So I am somewhat of a gadget geek like many here and have been contemplating buying a 3D printer for a while.  Yesterday I bit the bullet and ordered a Creality CR-10S as it comes with great reviews and fit the budget I was looking to stay in.  I figured I would use it to make some things for shooting and general playing around, but ran across this youtube showing the creation of Lithophanes.  This is incredible.  I would have never dreamed you could do something like this.  He is using the same machine I got by chance.  

Anyway, thought it was worth sharing.  Watch until the end for the picture of the lion.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Nothing specific per se.  I have some ideas for a few things for when I am shooting my Rimfire BR competitions (bullet tray, timer holder, etc), but mostly just like to play around.  I will definitely be trying one of these lithophanes.  I have Fusion 360 and will use Simplify 3D for the printing.

Edited by Hozzie
spelling
That is amazing! I wonder how much the materials cost to make one of those, in say 5x7?

Not a lot for that size. A roll of filament is $20. Not sure how much of one it would take, but I doubt more than half a roll. I’ll find out in a couple of weeks when mine arrives.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.