How many rounds?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 in the cylinder when i carry my hammerless Airweight on my person. I keep a speed loader in the car. I feel if i need more than that, I better start running.

Guest JeepMonkey

God forbid I am ever in this situation, but with 1-2 assailants, my rule of thumb is fire 4, reassess the situation, and fire again if needed. Looks better to an investigator or jury if there is still 1 or 2 rounds left in the mag/cylinder and the perp(s) are dead or fully incapacitated (that advice came from a lawyer friend of mine in the NC legislature).

Glock 19 or 23 w/ an extra magazine. The spare is more for fixing a malfunction that for having extra shots on tap. Now that I own a S&W 442, I sometimes carry a BUG in the front pocket.

Whether talking about BUGs or extra mags, I think the SEALs sum it up best: "Two is one and one is none."

I live, work, walk, shop, and bike in Memphis, just a couple of miles from Orange Mound. G17 topped off with 18 rounds + an extra 17 round mag = 35. Sometimes I'll add the G26 as a bug for another 10.

And I often have a wife with me who has 5 rounds in her 642 or 15 in her g19.

On walks we both carry OC for dogs and pesky panhandlers. I'll usually have a knife or 3 as well, in case I need to trim a broken fingernail or something.

Haven't figured out how to conceal the RPG yet, so I'm carrying a folding stock AK in a skateboard bag with 3 30 round mags in case we have to engage in house-to-house fighting to get home from shopping (just kidding about the AK, at the moment, however, if the economy keeps dropping... well, the AK folder might start making sense)

Guest Loaded247

Right now, I carry a Glock 17 loaded with 17+1, and a spare magazine of 17 rounds as well. I also carry a fixed blade knife in a sheath on my belt...all of it well concealed. I carry this way all of the time....

Ok, I'll play. I carry my S&W40C with 10 in the mag, 1 in the chamber, 1 extra mag in a gerber pouch and 1 in my pocket. Then there are the 2 12 mag holders that ride shotgun most of the time @ 10 round each. And on election day I also carried my PLR16 with 4 30 round mags in the truck as well. so added up, let's just say I was going home that day and leave it at that.

Ok, I'll play. I carry my S&W40C with 10 in the mag, 1 in the chamber, 1 extra mag in a gerber pouch and 1 in my pocket. Then there are the 2 12 mag holders that ride shotgun most of the time @ 10 round each. And on election day I also carried my PLR16 with 4 30 round mags in the truck as well. so added up, let's just say I was going home that day and leave it at that.
I am glad you mentioned that. I have one sitting right here not in use and that looks to be my new mag pouch since both my glock and 1911 mags fit.
I live, work, walk, shop, and bike in Memphis, just a couple of miles from Orange Mound. G17 topped off with 18 rounds + an extra 17 round mag = 35. Sometimes I'll add the G26 as a bug for another 10.

And I often have a wife with me who has 5 rounds in her 642 or 15 in her g19.

On walks we both carry OC for dogs and pesky panhandlers. I'll usually have a knife or 3 as well, in case I need to trim a broken fingernail or something.

Haven't figured out how to conceal the RPG yet, so I'm carrying a folding stock AK in a skateboard bag with 3 30 round mags in case we have to engage in house-to-house fighting to get home from shopping (just kidding about the AK, at the moment, however, if the economy keeps dropping... well, the AK folder might start making sense)

LOL you must hang out by where I work.

4 young brudders who all could have fit in one pair of pants followed me for several blocks toward end of a long walk right at dark not long ago, even switching sides of the road when I did.

Worst happens, shoot one three times as you say and the others run?

Maybe. Maybe the other three are grabbing heat too.

Those thoughts entered my mind as I made it inside smallest gas mart in town and waited for them to (slowly and with lots of looks) to pass on by.

Same situation can play out at most any parking lot, anywhere, anytime, too.

- OS

Thats easy (you do a Kenny Rogers as in the Gambler movie)

You ask them "which three of you are going to die and which one is doing the robbing"

I carry 12 in the clip and one in the pipe.

I know its a magazine, Im just pullin your leg.

I am glad you mentioned that. I have one sitting right here not in use and that looks to be my new mag pouch since both my glock and 1911 mags fit.

Yea, I bought the gerber, tossed it in my tool bag. and used the pouch for a mag holster. Wore it out, called the company and asked if I could buy a couple "since in my business, I seem to go through them" and they sent me a couple for free.:D

Guest nraforlife

Whatever the particular piece I am carryingy will hold plus the same amount of extra for one reload. IF I ever get into a situation where I need more than that than did I end up in a SHTF mess.

I EDC a 640 or 642. 2 Speed Strips in the left front pocket. Total 15 rounds.

Will I be able to reload all 15? Doubt it.

Will I be alive to reload if I don't stop threat in first five? Doubt it.

30 Years USMC, Gunsite, In-service pistol teams and some IPSC shooting but I still state the above points.

Multiple targets at close range and advancing, in the dark, heavily armed. Can I stop them alone with a handgun? Doubt it.

Above scenario, the favorite of forum posters, you need a squad of Marines or SWAT,all with long guns. Anything less is a fool's game, all of the Combat Pistol training aside. Also just because you spend 1200-2400 dollars on a really neat BIG pistol does not make it a death ray. If you let yourself get into a multiple, heavily armed adversary scenario your handgun is going to be found clenched in your cold, dead hand.

Read police reports of cops who got into it with gangbangers without back-up, they die! The very best thing a gun carrying citizen can do in those situations is the same thing an unarmed citizen could do. Avoid or escape it.

Priorities:

1. Try to escape (run, FAST)
  2. Try to find cover (Hide)
  3. No other choice, shoot the first one till he goes down and hope the others run away (not really likely, bold enough to attack, probably bold enough to stand ground!)
  4. Hope wounds (yours) aren't fatal.

Combat always ends with casualties on both sides.

So why do I carry then. I refuse to be executed. The one that gets too close to me to be a real threat gets shot. I have been wounded before, I'll take chance that it won't be fatal if the others start shooting. But I am realistic enough to realize that I am going to get shot, I'm not Rambo, and neither is anybody else. That was a movie!

Guest Centennial

Primary- XD 40 with a 12 round mag and two more mags. BUG- S&W Model 640 38 Spl. 5 on board, with 5 in a Bianchi Speed Strip in a Galco 2X2 pouch. I also carry a small Sure Fire flashlight.