Taurus Warranty stinks

Guest m&pc9

My sister bought my nephew a Taurus .357 revolver for Christmas. We shot it a few times and It kept shaving the jacket and jamming the gun. So he took it to a gun shop and they said it was out of time. So he called Taurus and they said they would fix it just send it back on his own dime. He had UPS store to box it up and It cost him $52 to send it back. And that was at the first of Jan. and hes called a few times all they will tell him is that they have received it and its not done yet.

When I sent my M&P back to S&W they paid shipping and I paid UPS store to box it up and it was $7.00.

I also got it back in about 2 weeks

Edited by m&pc9
Update
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
My sister bought my nephew a Taurus .357 revolver for Christmas. We shot it a few times and It kept shaving the jacket and jamming the gun. So he took it to a gun shop and they said it was out of time. So he called Taurus and they said they would fix it just send it back on his own dime. He had UPS store to box it up and It cost him $52 to send it back. And that was at the first of Jan. and hes called a few times all they will tell him is that they have received it and its not done yet.

When I sent my M&P back to S&W they paid shipping and I paid UPS store to box it up and it was $7.00.

I also got it back in about 2 weeks

Should have had the dealer ship it. Costs a lot less.

Guest bkelm18
It was an online dealer.Because no one in the area had a .357 magnum hammerless.

Well almost any dealer will ship it for you and usually for a lot cheaper than you could by yourself.

I was not aware a dealer could ship it for less. A lesson learned for me. But still the gun is only a week old Taurus should have picked up the shipping.

Guest bkelm18
I was not aware a dealer could ship it for less. A lesson learned for me. But still the gun is only a week old Taurus should have picked up the shipping.

Yep. You yourself have to ship it UPS Overnight, dealers can ship it regular USPS. Agreed Taurus should have foot the bill though.

I did not talk to them. But my nephew ask them to pay for it and they told him it was his responsibility to send it to them.

Because I told him S&W sent me postage to my email all I had to do was print it and put it on the box.

Guest smittyb

My good friend I have known all my life wanted to get his first pistol, and asked me what I thought he should get. After discussion/browsing, he got a Taurus .357, which I advised him was a good purchase.

He shipped his off the first week of Jan, and has not got his back either. He said he can only get a recorded message on the customer service line. His dealer did ship it off for him, at no cost, which they should on a brand new gun.

Now to my point. I advised him that Taurus was a quality product with a lifetime garuntee.

And I stand by it. It may take a month to get your gun returned, but they will fix it everytime. When I worked in a gun store, I was not afraid to recommend a Taurus product. Sure you can get a S&W for a few hundred bucks more, but will they somehow repair a broken firearm better? Not really. And for those who will say you will never have to send a Smith off, remeber, I worked in a gun shop, and while I did send off more Tauruses than Smiths, guess how many that was. ONE.

So long story short, it's still a lifetime warranty, and they still stick to it, and any dealer worth a damn should ship your NEW gun back free of charge.

I've sent 3 guns back to Smith for various reasons over the years (I've had a lot of Smiths) Two were used guns I traded for, one was new. Smith has alway sent call tags, and the first two were back in my hands within 10 business days, the last one took 3 weeks. I have never been hassled, and they always go above and beyond, no questions asked.

The more I read, the more I'll never buy a Taurus (unless I can find a .22 pump gun!)

Sure you can get a S&W for a few hundred bucks more, but will they somehow repair a broken firearm better?

Yes when it comes to my firearms faster is better. And free shipping is better.

long story short, it's still a lifetime warranty, and they still stick to it, and any dealer worth a damn should ship your NEW gun back free of charge.

It was bought from an online dealer. Thats a lesson learned.But having to spend $52 thats not much of warranty. When you spend $500 on the gun and have to pay another 10% to get it working that stinks. I will steer everyone I know away from Taurus.

Guest Todd@CIS

After the way Dustin was treated by Taurus' customer service, I'll never own one.

He bought a NIB Taurus .44mag. It didn't make it through one cylinder full of factory ammo before breaking. Taurus then jerked him around about it.

Any company can produce a lemon...it's what they do about it that makes the difference.

I've heard too many similar stories about Taurus.

10-15 years ago I was hearing good things about their service. I'm not sure what has changed at Taurus, but it hasn't been for the better.

Edited by Todd@CIS

She ask me about Taurus and I havent heard any bad information. Now Im on a mission to let everyone know they suck. She was going to get a S&W but it was out of her price range for the hammerless.

Guest eyebedam
She ask me about Taurus and I havent heard any bad information. Now Im on a mission to let everyone know they suck. She was going to get a S&W but it was out of her price range for the hammerless.

Maybe if you raise a lot of hell they will either reimburse you for shipping or at least send you a bunch of Taurus Swag.

Maybe if you raise a lot of hell they will either reimburse you for shipping or at least send you a bunch of Taurus Swag.

I will sick my sister on them, she can raise more hell than anyone I know.

• 2 weeks later...

:mad:Taurus Still Sucks update::hat:

My nephew got his .357 back yesterday at @ 3:30. Takes it out of the box dry fires it and it locks up on him. So he checks it out and its still out of time. So he calls Taurus and they told him he was going to have to pay to send it back to them. So he told them that wasnt right and the guy told him thats the way it is. Well my sister called this morning and raised more hell than pack of pit bulls. And they are going to send a fedex truck after it tomorrow. She tried to get them to reimburse him for the first time but they said they couldn't do anything. They did say they will put it on a priorty to be fixed so he can get it back soon.WTF is wrong with these people.

Just what kind of bull:poop:are they trying to pull. They wanted him to have $100 in shipping in a brand new gun that he has shot just a few times. I will never own and I will tell every one I know not to buy a POS taurus.

My rant is done now.

Guest Todd@CIS
:mad:Taurus Still Sucks update::D

My nephew got his .357 back yesterday at @ 3:30. Takes it out of the box dry fires it and it locks up on him. So he checks it out and its still out of time. So he calls Taurus and they told him he was going to have to pay to send it back to them. So he told them that wasnt right and the guy told him thats the way it is. Well my sister called this morning and raised more hell than pack of pit bulls. And they are going to send a fedex truck after it tomorrow. She tried to get them to reimburse him for the first time but they said they couldn't do anything. They did say they will put it on a priorty to be fixed so he can get it back soon.WTF is wrong with these people.

Just what kind of bull:poop:are they trying to pull. They wanted him to have $100 in shipping in a brand new gun that he has shot just a few times. I will never own and I will tell every one I know not to buy a POS taurus.

My rant is done now.

This is going to give Dustin flashbacks... :hat:

Guest 153blue

thats bull:poop:... ehh, i never did like taurus much. i'd send it back to the store you bought it or sell it and buy another gun. not worth going through again if something else breaks. thanks for the heads up on the bad customer service.