Taurus Warranty stinks

Guest m&pc9

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest benchpresspower
You know that I have a 24/7 in .45 acp. You also know that the trigger pis is coming out. After reading this thread, I think I'll have a local gunsmith do the work and bump the idea of sending it back to Taurus.

Other than the TP problem, I love the gun...

Gotta concur with that. I figure it would be alot more worth my time to go through Guns and Leather and have them look at my gun should it have any problems than try and send it back to Taurus. Kept having problems with my PT1911 and swapped it in for the Millenium Pro (was my second trade, had originally gotten a Ruger GP100 .357 and didn't like it, guess I will stay with a .45). I'd rather pay a little $$$ and know the repair was handled well. As far as the 1911 goes, I'll get another one but I think I will go with a Rock River Arms.

• 3 months later...
My sister bought my nephew a Taurus .357 revolver for Christmas. We shot it a few times and It kept shaving the jacket and jamming the gun. So he took it to a gun shop and they said it was out of time. So he called Taurus and they said they would fix it just send it back on his own dime. He had UPS store to box it up and It cost him $52 to send it back. And that was at the first of Jan. and hes called a few times all they will tell him is that they have received it and its not done yet.

When I sent my M&P back to S&W they paid shipping and I paid UPS store to box it up and it was $7.00.

I also got it back in about 2 weeks

the dealer you bought it from should have exchanged it out at no charge to you, or at least shipped it at no charge. Thats what we do. Taurus is a fair gun, with a lifetime warrantee... but the thing is, odds are you will use the warrantee.

Guest tnpanscraper
Gotta concur with that. I figure it would be alot more worth my time to go through Guns and Leather and have them look at my gun should it have any problems than try and send it back to Taurus. Kept having problems with my PT1911 and swapped it in for the Millenium Pro (was my second trade, had originally gotten a Ruger GP100 .357 and didn't like it, guess I will stay with a .45). I'd rather pay a little $$$ and know the repair was handled well. As far as the 1911 goes, I'll get another one but I think I will go with a Rock River Arms.

I think you mean Rock Island Arms... I now carry a RIA M1911A1 in .45cap.

I love the RAI...

I had to return my Taurus Judge. I called customer service, they had Fedex at my door the next day, got in back in three weeks to the day. Shipping was paid both ways.

this was my experience.

Glad to hear someone is satified with their customer service. Maybe they are trying to turn it around.......

My rear sight on my PT-99 broke. I called Taurus and they said mail the old sight to them.

I did and they sent me a new sight. A month later they sent me a second one .

(I think they got the paper work messed up). Life time warrenty. I bought the gun 2nd hand from my buddy.

I can't complain.

I have a PT-99 with at least 4000 rounds through it. It's been rock solid reliable.

My wife has a M94 .22 revolver with many thousands of rounds through it. It is the pistol she always takes to the range and lets everyone else shoot.

I also have a M82 that has also been as reliable as I could ask.

All were bought from 1990 to 2002. It seems that Taurus quality control is a part of the problem.

I have a PT-99 with at least 4000 rounds through it. It's been rock solid reliable.

My wife has a M94 .22 revolver with many thousands of rounds through it. It is the pistol she always takes to the range and lets everyone else shoot.

I also have a M82 that has also been as reliable as I could ask.

All were bought from 1990 to 2002. It seems that Taurus quality control is a part of the problem.

I too have on old Taurus that has preformed flawlessly. It is a PT92 bought in '91 with around 10k rounds through it. Never had to deal with their Customer service though until I bought this PT845 and must say, most of what I've heard and read regarding their poor customer service is true.....at least it was in my case. (see page 8, post 72 of this ever so long thread http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/16946-taurus-warranty-stinks-8.html#post329778)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

He finally received a new (or another) gun with a different serial number. He wants to keep it and shoot it. But Im trying to talk him into selling it unfired and get a real gun.:D

11 months of pure BS. Taurus should be ashamed.

I hate to say this, because I always feel it's best to buy from a local dealer, that said if you want a new Taurus , buy from Davidsons, you know "gallery of guns.com" they have a "life time replacement" warranty. That way if it breaks your dealer will contact them and send it back, Davidsons pays shipping both ways and they send you a brand new gun. That way you don't have to mess with Taurus customer service. Just a thought.

I hate to say this, because I always feel it's best to buy from a local dealer, that said if you want a new Taurus , buy from Davidsons, you know "gallery of guns.com" they have a "life time replacement" warranty. That way if it breaks your dealer will contact them and send it back, Davidsons pays shipping both ways and they send you a brand new gun. That way you don't have to mess with Taurus customer service. Just a thought.

That is one lesson learned with this fiasco, Is to buy from a local dealer. So they can help you out when you get a lemon.

• Administrator

Or you could avoid it entirely by not buying a junky Taurus and spending your money on something less likely to need a return to the factory. :P

Guest FortyFive2Life
:mad:Taurus Still Sucks update::eek:

My nephew got his .357 back yesterday at @ 3:30. Takes it out of the box dry fires it and it locks up on him. So he checks it out and its still out of time. So he calls Taurus and they told him he was going to have to pay to send it back to them. So he told them that wasnt right and the guy told him thats the way it is. Well my sister called this morning and raised more hell than pack of pit bulls. And they are going to send a fedex truck after it tomorrow. She tried to get them to reimburse him for the first time but they said they couldn't do anything. They did say they will put it on a priorty to be fixed so he can get it back soon.WTF is wrong with these people.

Just what kind of bull:poop:are they trying to pull. They wanted him to have $100 in shipping in a brand new gun that he has shot just a few times. I will never own and I will tell every one I know not to buy a POS taurus.

My rant is done now.

You've already been told by several people that it cost $52 to ship back because of your mistake, yet you're still blaming Taurus. I bet you'd have gotten that free FedEx pickup even quicker if the customer service rep had been approached with some friendliness and respect, instead of "raising more hell than a pack of pit bulls".

Anyway, I have 4 Taurus and the only issue I've had is with an ambi-safety on a their 1911, which is an easy fix. I'll continue to support em and tell everyone what a great bargain they are...with a lifetime warranty.

:P

You've already been told by several people that it cost $52 to ship back because of your mistake, yet you're still blaming Taurus. I bet you'd have gotten that free FedEx pickup even quicker if the customer service rep had been approached with some friendliness and respect, instead of "raising more hell than a pack of pit bulls".

Anyway, I have 4 Taurus and the only issue I've had is with an ambi-safety on a their 1911, which is an easy fix. I'll continue to support em and tell everyone what a great bargain they are...with a lifetime warranty.

:P

You obviously have not read this entire thread or m&pc9's whole story.......:eek:

Guest FortyFive2Life
You obviously have not read this entire thread or m&pc9's whole story.......:)

I did read it. And he said he had to pay $52 bucks to ship it back. Pages later he says they wanted him to send it back a second time, and he wasn't gonna do that because he shouldn't have to pay $100+ bucks to fix it under warranty.

The last time I shipped a handgun through my FFL it was $10. My point was that you're not supposed to pay $50 bucks to ship a gun, much less twice but if that's your choice, then don't complain about it.

They have a lifetime warranty. I've heard both bad and good stories about Taurus customer service. If you've had a bad experience with em, don't buy another. I'm just saying that this isn't typical, and there are lots of owners like myself who've had nothing but great experiences with em.

In short, yes it sucks he had trouble with his Taurus. Yes it sucks that he had to pay to ship it back. But it's not the manufacturer's fault that he overpaid to have it shipped back.

He should not have to pay for shipping back to Taurus not $10 not even a dime.

But thanks for telling me to use a ffl 11months late.

My biggest problem is the 4 trips to Taurus and 11 months to fix it. What were they doing waiting on iron ore to make the steel with.

If I owned 4 Taurus guns I would take them and sell them at the scrap metal yard and make the world a better place.

Guest FortyFive2Life
He should not have to pay for shipping back to Taurus not $10 not even a dime.

But thanks for telling me to use a ffl 11months late.

My biggest problem is the 4 trips to Taurus and 11 months to fix it. What were they doing waiting on iron ore to make the steel with.

If I owned 4 Taurus guns I would take them and sell them at the scrap metal yard and make the world a better place.

I'm not basking in the glow of your situation, I think you have reason to be upset with this particular gun. However, how many companies that offer any kind of warranty, much less a lifetime warranty, will pay for you to ship it back to them? Not many. I know of very few.

Again, the only reason I mentioned the shipping issue is because pages ago, even after someone told you it would be cheaper to use an FFL you stated later that Taurus wanted your nephew to be out $100 just in shipping for a new gun. That's not the case, so it shouldn't be used in an argument about how much you dislike Taurus.

I traded one of my Taurus guns (the PT1911) because it was blued with an accessory rail, and I shouldn't have purchased it in the first place because I really wanted a stainless one, which I'll definitely purchase in the future.

I agree that it seems the biggest problem with Taurus is their quality control. You can get a lemon, but that's true of ANY manufacturer. Anyway, sorry to hear of all your trouble with the firearm itself and I hope you have better luck with whatever brand you decide to buy in the future.

Nobody is perfect, But its what you do with your mistake that show your true color.

Taurus has been a PIA to deal with.

As far as some not paying shipping, The gun was brand new out of the box, Shot twice and he had to pay shipping. Then they send it back still messed up and told him to pay shipping again. And you dont see a problem with that.

That is wrong I don't care who disagrees.

11 months, That is wrong also.