CNN VIDEO

Guest Tom@GunDepot

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad we are getting any kind of voice in front of the public. I like the part about limits of one gun a month I wish I could afford a new gun every month. What is the true definition of a Militia does it have to be a goverment run entity or does the so called state militia's count such as the TN. state guard and others like it. I think it would have been better to have had a few women on the video shooting as well. I have even had my 10 year old daughter ask what we were going to do without a President for four years. (From the mouths of babes ):D

Wow, am I dreaming or was that an actual fair and balanced report on gun ownership from CNN? I'm kinda impressed, thanks for posting the video because the last report about guns I saw on CNN was that farce some years ago about AK-47 clones and so-called assault weapons. Don't know if anyone here remembers that.

I hope the increase in gun sales has sent a message to the Obama administration to stay away from gun/people control. But, as we all know the next time some psycho shoots up a school or business all us gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters will be blamed for it and the far left will be screaming for strong gun control laws. It's just a matter of time. There's quite a few Democrat Reps in the house from the more gun friendly states and it will be our job to let them know that if they go along with any bills that infringe on our gun rights, we will work hard to see that they are unemployed come next election.

Like K191145 above, I'm shocked this report, which seem to be right on and on our side, was by Lou Dobbs and on the Comunist News Network no less. Maybe, just maybe they will start to wake the hell up and see our rights are under attack.

I too am amazed, considering the video source.

I am late for the parade, but I've bought a rifle, various accessories, a slug barrel for my 870 (backordered, unfortunately), and 2500+ rounds, all since the election.

Not to mention completing the HCP class. All I need is $115 to complete the process.

I only hope the politicians are starting to get the message...

Guest marine77
I am glad we are getting any kind of voice in front of the public. I like the part about limits of one gun a month I wish I could afford a new gun every month. What is the true definition of a Militia does it have to be a goverment run entity or does the so called state militia's count such as the TN. state guard and others like it. I think it would have been better to have had a few women on the video shooting as well. I have even had my 10 year old daughter ask what we were going to do without a President for four years. (From the mouths of babes ):D

The militia under the United States Code is any able bodied men between the ages of 18 and 45(?). I forget the website to go to it, should be able to google it, i believe it's USC 110, but don't quote me on that one.

why would we be without a president for 4 years?

I dont vote for you you are NOT my pres. and with what Ive heard and seen hes nothing close to being a pres for the people, hes another make the people be what I want them to be, not gonna happen here. I say we go back to the idea of a split country, those willing to defend friend, family and country down south and the sheep up north( hey its cold and they have a wool coat) besides I'm not leaving my South fur nuthin!!!:confused:

Guest Phantom6
why would we be without a president for 4 years?

Because many in this country were stupid enough to elect a "not a president" in the last election. :tinfoil:

Guest jackdog

Regardless of what you think of Cnn. Lou Dobbs is a different breed. For years he has been at the front for closed borders Hv1 visa programs and other corporate political bull****. He is truly an independent, not a repubicon or a demo rat. He has also written a couple of very insightful books in recent years. Lou Dobbs is what we should all be 110% pro constitution.

Guest bkelm18
Because many in this country were stupid enough to elect a "not a president" in the last election. :tinfoil:

Hey, those ballots are f*cking confusing as hell. :eek:

Lou Dobbs seems genuinely concerned that everyone is arming up! Where has he been the past 3 months!

I personally would like to know how many NEW gun owners there are in all those statistics of recent sales.

He wasn't concerned that the people are arming up--about 4 minutes into the video they say that there actually may be cause for concern.

Lou Dobbs isn't against gun rights--he seems to support them, and seems genuinely concerned that the 2nd Amendment may be reinterpreted to mean that only the government or the police can have firearms, OR that ammo may go so high as to make guns nothing more than expensive clubs.

The militia under the United States Code is any able bodied men between the ages of 18 and 45(?). I forget the website to go to it, should be able to google it, i believe it's USC 110, but don't quote me on that one.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nope nothing about an age limit there. I don't care what USC 110 or any other made up, pulled out of a politician's ass "code" there is, the second amendment is what I stand by. I am a Constitutionalist right down to the core. I need no interpretation of the Bill of Rights, for I know how to read.

Μολὼν λάβε

Whew, that felt good. LOL

The term militia is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. It is a polyseme with multiple distinct but related meanings. Legal and historical meanings of militia include:

• Defense activity or service, to protect a community, its territory, property, and laws.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-1>[2]</SUP>
  • The entire able-bodied population of a community, town, county, or state, available to be called to arms.

Guest jackdog
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nope nothing about an age limit there. I don't care what USC 110 or any other made up, pulled out of a politician's ass "code" there is, the second amendment is what I stand by. I am a Constitutionalist right down to the core. I need no interpretation of the Bill of Rights, for I know how to read.

Μολὼν λάβε

Whew, that felt good. LOL

The term militia is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. It is a polyseme with multiple distinct but related meanings. Legal and historical meanings of militia include:

• Defense activity or service, to protect a community, its territory, property, and laws.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-1">[2]</sup>
  • The entire able-bodied population of a community, town, county, or state, available to be called to arms.

Preach to us brother, there a lot of us that feel the same way.:up:

Unreal. Sen Barrasso lists the detailed questions that job candidates for Obama have to answer about their use of guns, which makes it appear that they are more vetted about that rather than if they've paid their stinkin' taxes!!

I appreciate this report from Mr. Dobbs and am glad it aired on CNN.

Guest marine77

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a decleration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

b. The classes of the militia are:

(1) The organized militia, which consist of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Title 10, subtitle A, part 1, Chapter 13, 311