HCP/CCW Badge

Ok so I know this will stir up so feelings but here I go. I have a friend who just got his HCP and was talking about getting a badge. I strongly disagreed with him and told him if you want a badge so bad why not be a cop? I know many cops who are not be happy when they see one and most of the time, when they pull someone over with one, they give them a ticket.

So here is the question. If so many LEO's are against it and you could be charged with impersonating a cop, why just not ban them? Make them illegal and we wouldn't have to deal with them. What does TGO think about banning them?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am certified in TN for law enforcement (just looking for a job) and my feelings are that if you are going to "open" carry it may not be a bad idea to have one. It could keep from having the police called every time they see someone carrying in the open. We all should be grown up enough to know that badge flashing will get you locked up and possibly get your privilege to carry or possess a firearm revoked. I would not keep it on my person unless I was to open carry, which I wouldn't want to do, but I wouldn't mess with anyone abiding by the law that had a carry badge.

Just my .02

I am certified in TN for law enforcement (just looking for a job) and my feelings are that if you are going to "open" carry it may not be a bad idea to have one. It could keep from having the police called every time they see someone carrying in the open. We all should be grown up enough to know that badge flashing will get you locked up and possibly get your privilege to carry or possess a firearm revoked. I would not keep it on my person unless I was to open carry, which I wouldn't want to do, but I wouldn't mess with anyone abiding by the law that had a carry badge.

Just my .02

Really? Cause I'd lock them up for impersonating an officer and let the court figure it out, but that's because I despise wannabes and people that don't have the conviction to just f'ing OC! You wanna walk around with a gun on your hip? THEN DO IT NANCY! Leave the badges pinned on people who earned them.

That's my rather direct feelings about one of the stupidest things ever invented to make a quick buck.

Guest bkelm18
Really? Cause I'd lock them up for impersonating an officer and let the court figure it out, but that's because I despise wannabes and people that don't have the conviction to just f'ing OC! You wanna walk around with a gun on your hip? THEN DO IT NANCY! Leave the badges pinned on people who earned them.

That's my rather direct feelings about one of the stupidest things ever invented to make a quick buck.

What if my super-imposed massive ego says I earned a badge just for being a BAMF? :D

Wow what a response, thanks

With remarks like that no wonder the dockets are full of crap that don't need to be there because of personal vendettas.. I guess you'd lock up a security guard too with a state license..

Keep up the good work..

Guest crotalus01

I almost exclusively OC (in winter my jacket hides my gun but its not intentional CC) and I wouldnt wear one of those stupid badges for fear of being thought to be a cop. I am not a cop, I dont want to be a cop, and I dont want to be mistaken for a cop, period. OC to me is a deterrant kinda like a dog bearing its teeth and growling. BGs tend to know if I have a gun and I am not a cop they might not want to **** with me, because I am NOT trying to make an arrest, my gun is there for one purpose and one only - to end the threat to me and mine.

Living and carrying in Memphis, I encounter cops daily with my gun on my hip, and I have never been asked for my permit, or even looked at funny (at least not by a cop).

Guest jackdog

Just my .02

I thought that your post was in jest when I first read it. Now I understand you were being serious. The fact you have a carry permit is really scary to me.

No need for a badge even if you justify it as useful in keeping people from calling the cops because they saw a guy with a gun. With all of the cop shows with cops in plain clothes they would probably just assume you were a fed or plain clothes cop like in a TV show anyway, unless you have a tu pac t-shirt on.

No need for a badge even if you justify it as useful in keeping people from calling the cops because they saw a guy with a gun. With all of the cop shows with cops in plain clothes they would probably just assume you were a fed or plain clothes cop like in a TV show anyway, unless you have a tu pac t-shirt on.

Thats my thought, If you dress like a thug and you have a gun on you will most likely be showing your permit to a LEO. If you dress decent and have a gun most people wont pay any attention to you. Me, I am concealed at all times. I don't want to tip my hand till the chips fall.

I thought that your post was in jest when I first read it. Now I understand you were being serious. The fact you have a carry permit is really scary to me.

Well I'll say it in plain English for those of you that have a hard time understanding - I personally wouldn't have one, I was just saying if someone wanted one let them have at it, I wouldn't waste my time with fooling with someone that had one. But I shouldn't have said get a HCP badge to keep people from calling the cops, that was my mistake. My reasoning was that when I'm on duty I would hate to get called to a man with a gun, you get hyped and ready for a take down, and it turn out to be a permit holder that you have roughed up and scared, and get bashed for it and YES that has happened. I forget that most people don't know what it's like. So that was my mistake..

I do have my permit even though I don't need it, I also wear a uniform and real badge from time to time when called upon, spent my own money to go through an academy. So if I "scare" you oh well.. There's alot of stuff on here that scares me, do I care? NO I don't, each person has opinion right or wrong. I'd still pull any of you out of that burning or banged up car, or take that bullet and not think twice no matter what opinion they had.

Edited by J5684