Post pictures of your: Evil Black Rifle

Thank you sir, I'm learning. It's a great platform. I'm thinking there's a 5.45x39 upper in my future. I also really like JeffSig's 5.7x28, except for the price of ammo.

If you are wanting cheap ammo, get a .22 bolt conversion or upper. All the 5.45 coming in these days is corrosive and with maintenance heavy AR's it just seems more work than it's worth for the small savings in ammo price. However, 7.62x39 is comparatively priced and actually gives a performance advantage (ala larger caliber) in certain aspects.

That's about the nicest looking Wasr I've seen. Good job on the wood!

I still have the entire set of wood for it and it all looks like that. I used Minwax "Ebony" on it and let it sit for 5 minutes before lightly rubbing it off. Turned out good, however, the AK stock doesn't fit into my shoulder enough for my liking hence forth the Vltor/Magpul stock and of course the Ultimac rail to top it off. I plan on changing the forarm as well eventually, when I find what I want....

SKS001-1.jpg

Edited by kwe45919
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Halfpint
DSCN2577.jpg

YES PLEASE ;) Been looking very hard at a Diplomat upper when I get my stamp back for my SBR. You, sir, have convinced me.

KWH_0934.jpg

Just when I thought I was tired of seeing FDE rifles, I find one that makes me think they're sexy all over again. Very nicely done, man! :)

This MF'r is the HEAT!
Thanks!
YES PLEASE :cool: Been looking very hard at a Diplomat upper when I get my stamp back for my SBR. You, sir, have convinced me.
Do it! They're still throwing in a free blem stripped lower with any upper purchase, if I'm not mistaken.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm late too. This has been posted elsewhere.

Punny, the PA M4 optic is good for the money. It comes out of the box ready to mount for a lower 1/3 cowitness on a standard A3 upper. Looks like you have some kinda riser. There's a removable riser built into the M4 mount, but you have to special order short screws. Just FYI if you decide to go that route.

IMG_0465a.jpg

Guest ls2tiger
Nice!!!

What glass is on the black one?

Thanks and Ken is correct. Leupold 3-9x40 Mark AR. It's a little much for the 16"barrel but great for field dogs.
Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it looks like a Leupold Mark 4.

A few more of your parts and the pictures could've been taken at your place........lol