Reloading bench photos

Guest OttoMaddox

Guest Boomhower

I'm still portable, atm. I'm working on building a work bench, but I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to mount my press to the bench. I may just keep it mobile.

Picasa image linking sucks, so you'll have to click here to see it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before

before.jpg

Materials

raw_material.jpg

leveler_feet.jpg

Bench

bench_complete.jpg

Press Mounted

almost_finished.jpg

Primer Dump Setup

primer_dump_tube.jpg

primer_dump_tube_left.jpg

primer_dump_tube_right.jpg

Let There Be Light

lamp.jpg

All Buttoned up

covered.jpg

Almost finished with my setup. I've got shell sorters, tumbler, seperator, scale, and dies on the way. I'll be on a quest for primers shortly ;)

Edited by gsbell
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrator
So, how do you post a pic????

Your image must first be hosted somewhere on the Internet. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket or ImageShack® - Image Hosting are good services to use. Once your image is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing  before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image.

I have a 12'X20' cast off building that my father-in-law was going to burn, I loaded it up, hauled it to my place, striped it to the rafters and floor joist, refurbished it with metal siding, insulated and sheathed the inside with cheap paneling. Installed a heating/AC unit. I lined it all with shelves, benches and drawer space, and named it the "Man Cave".

It is about 1/2 the size I need for all my operations, but it is at least a dedicated spot. The deer horn drawer pulls fit the "motif".:screwy:

What it looked like orignally.

DSC03786.jpg

Edited by Worriedman
  • 1 year later...
Guest REDDOG79

I want to do this to my bench but can't seem to find any good sized logos online to transfer to the wood. I plan on using carbon paper to transfer the logo to the table then wood burn it before staining and clear coating it. any help would be appreciated.

Edited by REDDOG79
fingers are not typing well

You guys make me sick. I'm embarrassed to show

mine. I made it out of an old hospital fire door and

a cabinet base. I put it in an old kitchen in my basement,

used a former bathroom for the supply storage. It

didn't cost me anything but a bunch of sweat. It

looks like hell.

...I'm planning on doubling the size of mine when I can get off of my lazy butt and do it....ReloadingBench4-21-09022.jpg

Here is my reloading setup since I doubled the size and added a few new tools. It's working out much better now that I have a lot more room to work with-

ReloadingBench9-26-2010012.jpg

When I get a progressive press I'll expand again.

Edited by USMCJG

I'm in the same boat Lester. I try my best to keep the bench clean, especially while I'm loading to prevent mistakes. It's a constant battle.

Okey, do you have a rack you store your plates on? How do the channels hold up to the pressures of loading?

It eludes me how people can be so dang neat and tidy. I must have the slob gene. Hats off to folks who can have such pretty workstations.
Believe me, I'm a total slob with everything BUT my reloading bench. I didn't even tidy it up before I took that pic, that is exactly how it always looks right before I start and right after I get done loading.