Knoxville gun show March 14 & 15

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, i will try to make it, but most likely will be about 2 PM. I am the tall good-looking sophisticated guy:blah: who speaks with a German accent, or so they say, but to me all other's talk funny, i will have to make sure Spuds behaves!;)

Oh hi Spuds!;)

PS. Could that hot-dog have some Sauerkraut?:drama:

funny, i didn't pickup that German accent in your writing..:)

Guest Boomhower
laying down and shooting between my legs doesn't appeal......snip.....don't want to shoot my wee wee off.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I'd probably bust a knee cap or something.

I will be there as well. Look for the guy with a fat wallet and "I voted for Obama" sweatshirt. ;)

This is a joke!

Joke maybe, but it would be funny to see all the faces!! :)

Drove into the parking lot around 11:40 AM, coupon in pocket, looked at the line to the steps in the rain and thought about how packed it would be inside and drove home. Based on my visits to the last few shows, I doubt any vendors have what I am looking for anyhow (AR lower). I've had better luck online lately, even with the expense and hassle of FFL transfers.

Now, if I were looking for a Glock, Chinese optics, jerky, cheap knives, gutter guards, or perfume, I might have scored. :cool:

If I'm mistaken, let me know and I'll try again tomorrow.

Guest Traumaslave

Hey Slim, I might go up in the morning on Sunday. I've got to work Sat 7p-7a @ Erlanger and may drive up after work. You could meet me in Sweetwater and save half the trip.

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

It was packed and not many deals to be found. I did buy two LED flashlights for $5.

I was left wondering why they didn't use the upstairs to spread things out a bit. There wasn't room to move, much less really look at everything.

Guest SUNTZU

I met a group of TGO ruffians at the door with my cousin in tow. Good to meet Garufa. Mike.357 brought his bug out bag in case the place was raided. I picked up a new tomahawk and some camping gear. Saw some Model 11's but they were either the price of the space shuttle or had been run over by a Sherman. I figured out where all the Walmart ammo had gone when I walked by just about any table. Buy gold, its cheaper, and I mean by the ounce.

Apparently we had all better by guns now before Obama bans them all, as that was hawked in several aisles, generally where you had to sell your firstborn for a box of 50 rounds. I did see some different vendors. Oh, and Mike said my coat smells like I'd been rolling in a field of cow excrement. I told him that's so he could find me if I was only an aisle or two away and couldn't see me with his worn out eyes.

One guy had some inert grenades for only $125 a piece. SKS' were running around $350, though I didn't see any being sold. One was $675. There were some mobile deals, though I didn't get in on the action. Whoever had the Tactical Peeing thread was apparently there, as I had the pleasure of seeing a man taking a leak with his pants around his ankles. :D:rofl:

I did see some old friends who had tables. They had some decent deals, but I lacked the scratch. I did get to see a .32 caliber black powder poaching cane, which was pretty cool.

Guest nraforlife

PACKED, the place was packed. No bargains except on some Army surplus gear which is what I wanted. Otherwise everything there from crap to good stuff.

The show was not bad.

I saw one guy get a great deal on a beautiful .380 pistol while we were standing in line. :rofl: There were deals to be had I think.

Prices were predictable. Vendors were the same as always mostly. The only guy I noticed missing was the black man who sold mil surp gear and MREs. Did not see a lot of used semi auto pistols. Did not pay attention to any NIB stuff aside from a Hi Point C9 which OhShoot kept making fun of me for looking at. Not getting that might be my only regret from today. 149 bucks, would have been hard to beat. And I did not see the first HiPoint carbine in the place.

The place was CROWDED. Most packed I have seen the Jacob's building. When we left at 12:30 the line was longer than it was at 9:00. Hard to move around inside the place. I missed the guy peeing all tactical like. We lost Mac at one point but found him later. Daniel was easier to find :poop::)

Daniel you are right about Walmart ammo on the tables there. I have never seen that much Remington and WWB ammo at a gunshow ever. I particularly noticed 30 carbine ammo. Same brand (PRVI) on different tables priced from $22 to $33, wow.

But there was plenty of ammo, few bucks higher than walmart but it was there. I only was bent over slightly on three boxes of .32acp I picked up.

We saw some great prices on two Rockola M1 carbines. Last I saw of John when we left he was going back in. I am guessing he was going to fondle one again. I gave them a good feel up myself. I saw a couple of Garands in there too. I don't dare tease myself by looking at them closely though, just a fond gaze works for me.:D

Probably some giggles I am forgetting about right now too.

Oh yeah and this ended up coming home with me.

FEG765.jpg

John did indeed go back in and took another look at those Rock-Ola carbines. As tempting as it was I had to pass. At the prices he had on them either he is a complete dolt or there were some issues with them. I just don't get windfalls like that!

Did wander around one more time and Mike, I picked up that PA-63 from that fella you got your .32 from (If that silver base-plated magazine you got doesn't hold .32s, let me know).

Accurate reports so far. Lot's of stuff kinda high, but did see a couple of possible deals. Brand new looking EMP for $750, brand new SA 1911 Stainless for $600. On the other end of the spectrum, the lone LCP in the place was going, and apparently went for $550!!! and it was a recall model to boot.

Saw a couple of RRA AR lowers for $300/ea.

I see a 10/22 in Mac's future but most there were on the high-side.

Daniel, don't take any ragging on whether your jacket stunk or not. Half the people in there smelled like they just rolled around in a freshly-turded dog house! :rofl:

Guest bkelm18

Sounds like a hoot. Ok not really, but much better than my day. I was bored as heck just a stones throw away. I shoulda left work and walked over.

Hey Slim, I might go up in the morning on Sunday. I've got to work Sat 7p-7a @ Erlanger and may drive up after work. You could meet me in Sweetwater and save half the trip.

Thanks for the nice offer Traumaslave, just got back from there, left my house at 1 PM traffic bad with it and the fog and rain could not even do the speed limit most of the time so i got there at 3:10 PM and had a great time! Packed and busy, met my buddy Spuds and talked a while.

In general prices did come down a little with 1 dealer Wasr $529. But the thing which is sad is when 1 dealer sells a AK for $599. and 2 isles down same

gun $799. another place $699.

Saw 3 FN FS 2000 1 dealer $2399, other $2599. and yet another $2899!

Prices on all milsurps up, did not find a yugo Tok M-57 and i looked and asked, but have read on net they are popping up all over at shows so maybe at another show soon.;)

Spuds if you run into 1 during your hourly Pawnshop visits, please drop me a line or call me and you know i only buy mint but will settle for excellent +.

I did find a really nice excellent cond. brown Yugo AK pouch with strap for $25. which is way to high :screwy: but i had to have it, it is sad when slings for a SKS runs $10. and $12. used to be $5. Mosing Slings $20.-24. which is crazy but vendors have to make money somehow.

Prices on ARs, i wont even go in to, just glad i basically go to shows only to look for odds & ends but to many times some gorgeous gal (gun) comes home with me!:D

PS. Did ask Spuds if he ran into anybody from this forum, since i was looking for a dude in a Fed-Ex jacket named OhShoot to take him up on the offer for the delicious hot dog he offered to buy me, no luck but i thought about asking at the condiment stand if 1 had been pre-paid for slim!:D

There was an unusually large amount of blackpowder stuff there, but i didnt check prices.

I did get very tempted:drool:;):drool::D when i saw a mint unissued chin. SKS $375. with bay and the purtiest color stock i have ever seen, but did not want my Yugo:drama: :blah:getting jealous, so i did resist temptation this time:screwy:, but there is always next time!

Also was tempted when i saw MREs $60. a case or 2 for $100. but since i still have 4 or is it 6? cases left from Y2K and those are good 10 more yrs. i passed.

One thing i will say, none of the shows i have been to in Knox. in the last 2 yrs. is worth anywhere near $10. maybe $5.:screwy:

...Accurate reports so far....

Yep, had a good time, but mostly because of TGOers...nice to meet TJ (70below) ...

Was pretty much a deja vu of the last show, seemed to me. I swear most of the dealers and their wares seemed identically frozen in time. Weren't any more HighPoint carbines at whole show, so made me glad I had grabbed mine at the previous one...

So since I wasn't interested in picking up 70 year old Translyvanian mouseguns or esoteric WW II carbines made by Amalgamated Widget, I didn't buy anything.

Daniel, don't take any ragging on whether your jacket stunk or not. Half the people in there smelled like they just rolled around in a freshly-turded dog house! ;)

Well, that half smelled better than that jacket! I think it was made from horsehide and they forgot to squeeze the horse**** out of that particular mustang first?

- OS

...PS. Did ask Spuds if he ran into anybody from this forum, since i was looking for a dude in a Fed-Ex jacket named OhShoot to take him up on the offer for the delicious hot dog he offered to buy me, no luck but i thought about asking at the condiment stand if 1 had been pre-paid for slim!;)

Bro, I did think about ya, but you'd already said you wouldn't get there till 2 or so, so figgered no way to meet ya...was there from 8:45 - 1.

Though you missed the distinct pleasure of my company, you were actually better off without the Chilhowee Death Dog, I'm sure.

What has been a gun show tradition for me, though, is going by Scruggs BBQ further in on MaggieNolia and bringing home a pile of the best ribs in 'Merica!

Another time, hopefully,

- OS

Oh yeah and this ended up coming home with me.

FEG765.jpg

I tried to research that a little.

So it's a FEG .32, but says "Makarov/Budapest" also, on other side, best I remember?

Means it's a Makarov "type/design"?

Oh yeah, does it feed and fire?

- OS

I tried to research that a little.

So it's a FEG .32, but says "Makarov/Budapest" also, on other side, best I remember?

Means it's a Makarov "type/design"?

Oh yeah, does it feed and fire?

- OS

I reckon this might be it...

http://www.sunblest.net/gun/Hege66.htm

The one that said 9mm Mak on the side may be what I ended up taking home. Mak - Mac, hey wanna make a deal? ;)

Edited by Garufa

DaG,

I did see a guiy there that had powder and primers, didn't look at the powder prices but he had large pistol primers for $29.00/k. I just bought some last week at Gander Mtn. for $39.

I thought the stripped lowers I saw were priced high, but the fact that there seems to be more available at the shows is a good sign.

Idaho

It is a FEG AP~MBP chambered in 7.65 or .32acp or 7.65 Browning. ( so that ammo, browning,we saw would have been fine) It is a Walther PP copy, not a Makarov as the seller portrayed. Not that i give a crap anyway. It, to me, was the nicest looking used auto loader in the show.

Mac the marks on the bottom read ARMTOS LV FL. Armtos was the importer. these were readily available near a year ago for less than 150.00. I believe I paid a fair price.

70 year old Translyvanian mouseguns or esoteric WW II carbines made by Amalgamated Widget,

;):bowrofl::D:screwy:

Daniels jacket was not that bad.

I do have one regret ( not counting the Hi-Point). I found a WW2 vintage plated Navy insignia. Specifically it was a insignia for a Aviation Machinest Mate. My father who died in 1958 served in the war as a AMM2c. He served in a carrier service unit in Hawaii. The guy would not come off the price any. So I walked. Kinda wishing I had just bought it.

John, it also seems the mags from my pistol to yours are interchangable. The 9X18 alledgedly hold seven rounds where it will hold eight rounds of 7.65. I don't think it mattered which two fo the three mags mine came with.

I did run two mags through it. One mag had two failures and the other ran fine.

Gonna give the mags a going over tomorrow. The gun shot pretty well I guess. I was more worried about function than shooting bulls. DA pull is a mother. But SA it feels great. Fit and function is real good. The bore looks new. Easy enough to field strip. I give it a thumbs up.