Home Driveway Break-ins

pop pop

We are having many reports of thugs trying to get into parked cars in home driveways, looking to steal what is in them. Being caught and filmed on Ring Doorbells and Home Security Cameras and posted on our neighborhood watch face book page. Never seen so many black hoodies. Don't hide your presents or leave anything valuable in your cars parked outside in your driveways. 

Yeah, happens every few years in our neighborhood. Someone drives a car slowly while another person checks for unlocked doors on cars parked along the curb or in driveways. They don’t break windows or anything, just getting in cars that are unlocked. They’re often seen on security cameras, and dark hoodies are the concealment of choice. 

My wife and I had Christmas Eve late night visitors last year. That is why I got a Driveway Alarm and installed it in the middle of our driveway. My wife loves the thing and so do I. The dog has recognized when the thing sounds someone is coming and she goes wild which adds to the alarm effect. No more porch pirates because the alarm calls us when deliveries or Mail come in the drive. 

I also keep my vehicles locked with nothing visible inside the truck or autos. Also, house is lit up very well outside now. Will leave extra lights on tonight.

• Like 1

I ended up with a new angle grinder courtesy of a spot and steal thief 2 years ago. I had my tree service truck parked beside the driveway and my 3 of my saws were locked in the saw rack on the headache rack behind the cab. He apparently showed up to cut the cable and didnt realize my Catahoula could jump onto the flatbed. I found blood in the bed and a nice dewalt grinder with a full battery. Catahoula came home the next morning with lots of blood, none of it hers. Asshole got what he deserved

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
9 hours ago, Spots said:

I ended up with a new angle grinder courtesy of a spot and steal thief 2 years ago. I had my tree service truck parked beside the driveway and my 3 of my saws were locked in the saw rack on the headache rack behind the cab. He apparently showed up to cut the cable and didnt realize my Catahoula could jump onto the flatbed. I found blood in the bed and a nice dewalt grinder with a full battery. Catahoula came home the next morning with lots of blood, none of it hers. Asshole got what he deserved

I would have paid to have gotten to watch that!   😆

A friend of mine was alerted to someone breaking into his truck one night thanks to his security camera.  He went out to confront the perp and the guy ran.  Buddy called the PD, they looked at the video and knew exactly who it was but they couldn't do anything because they said that because he hadn't damaged the vehicle, and was scared off before he entered it, no crime had been committed.  

10-ring, if they would have caught him, after he damaged the vehicle, most likely they would not do anything to him of substance. Why most of them are doing it. They have films of the smash and grab people, but not doing anything to them that I have seen.

• Like 1