Truck shopping sucks

Had friends in town with the same Maverick that Eray has. For the out the door price that truck was awesome. In this lousy economy if I could have scooped it up for what he paid I would have. 

Current lineup: 

02 Frontier Kingcab with 299,996 miles. This thread reminded me I need to take it for a cruise. Bought off of a buddy who took it hunting in all 50 states and worked at a body shop. 
02 4 runner with 313-315kish on the odometer. Bought from an old boss who I watched put full synthetic, replace timing chains every 100k miles, etc. That’s our camper/occasional blind. 
02 Accord V6 EX. Bought off a little old Dutch lady through marketplace with flawless maintenance records, made it to 190k on the odometer and until I smoked a deer (and over corrected into a tree) on back roads… was a delight. Now it’s a parts car for my daily.  
Daily driver: 08 accord with 260k. I drive a lot, get around 24 mpg with a heavy foot. The dog has destroyed the backseat, I can’t get this thing to die even with burning a quart or so of oil every 1500 miles. 

I buy from people I know, that know how to maintain cars. It drives her nuts that I have basically a used car lot in my driveway. It gives me peace of mind knowing I have options. Compromise. I don’t complain about the walk in closet vs my one rack and chest of socks and boxers. 

All that being said, I would clear out the driveway and make some more space for range days to have that maverick I spent the weekend in. 4 people fit very comfortable, enough giddy up, good mpg to justify a truck as a daily driver. Big enough bed to get me to Home Depot every spring for mulch and dirt, Sheetrock, odds and ends projects. I was a huge fan being the DD one night. For what it’s worth I spent two hours looking into trying to see what the OTD cost was and if it was worth my time to deal with tire kickers on FB marketplace. I like my privacy so that’s why things typically end up posted here for free/trade. I will now spend another half hour debating if I should play the dealership game. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Had friends in town with the same Maverick that Eray has. For the out the door price that truck was awesome. In this lousy economy if I could have scooped it up for what he paid I would have. 

Current lineup: 

02 Frontier Kingcab with 299,996 miles. This thread reminded me I need to take it for a cruise. Bought off of a buddy who took it hunting in all 50 states and worked at a body shop. 
02 4 runner with 313-315kish on the odometer. Bought from an old boss who I watched put full synthetic, replace timing chains every 100k miles, etc. That’s our camper/occasional blind. 
02 Accord V6 EX. Bought off a little old Dutch lady through marketplace with flawless maintenance records, made it to 190k on the odometer and until I smoked a deer (and over corrected into a tree) on back roads… was a delight. Now it’s a parts car for my daily.  
Daily driver: 08 accord with 260k. I drive a lot, get around 24 mpg with a heavy foot. The dog has destroyed the backseat, I can’t get this thing to die even with burning a quart or so of oil every 1500 miles. 

I buy from people I know, that know how to maintain cars. It drives her nuts that I have basically a used car lot in my driveway. It gives me peace of mind knowing I have options. Compromise. I don’t complain about the walk in closet vs my one rack and chest of socks and boxers. 

All that being said, I would clear out the driveway and make some more space for range days to have that maverick I spent the weekend in. 4 people fit very comfortable, enough giddy up, good mpg to justify a truck as a daily driver. Big enough bed to get me to Home Depot every spring for mulch and dirt, Sheetrock, odds and ends projects. I was a huge fan being the DD one night. For what it’s worth I spent two hours looking into trying to see what the OTD cost was and if it was worth my time to deal with tire kickers on FB marketplace. I like my privacy so that’s why things typically end up posted here for free/trade. I will now spend another half hour debating if I should play the dealership game. 

I've had mine for 16 months now with no problems. Hauled two recliners in the little bed. Moved a gun safe and 1,000 pounds of lawn fertilizer. Gets about 27 miles to the gallon. So far I am very pleased with it. Mine was just a bit over $24,000 out the door with taxes and everything . If anyone is interested in one, Ford is opening the order banks to dealers for 2024 models on July 17. You will need to see a dealer and order quickly when the order banks open as the orders for 2023 models all sold out last year in 5 days. They got 100,000 orders in 5 days. That is all they can build in a year.

• Like 1

My boys and I are in the process of fixing this up. My wife's granddad bought it new.  It's been sitting in his garage for several years. 

i-7cSpk6f-600x338.jpg

Problem #1 was no brake lights. Took me 3 weeks to find a loose connector under the dash. 🤬   Next is non-functional power windows and a miss at idle.  I'd love to put an LS in it, but that's way down the road.  The 4.3/700R4 should run nearly forever. It's got 98k on it now. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Eray said:

I've had mine for 16 months now with no problems. Hauled two recliners in the little bed. Moved a gun safe and 1,000 pounds of lawn fertilizer. Gets about 27 miles to the gallon. So far I am very pleased with it. Mine was just a bit over $24,000 out the door with taxes and everything . If anyone is interested in one, Ford is opening the order banks to dealers for 2024 models on July 17. You will need to see a dealer and order quickly when the order banks open as the orders for 2023 models all sold out last year in 5 days. They got 100,000 orders in 5 days. That is all they can build in a year.

My cousin in Chattanooga tried to order a 2022 hrdrid Maverick, but when they stopped production on those he got swapped to an order for the 2023 XL version for around what you paid.  Seems like he said a little less. He has his now and really loves it and gets great mileage.  The prices sure go up quick when you start adding tech/the one I wanted was over 40k and im just not doing that.  Plus they were adding 5k over invoice, just cuz they can.