How many Masons?

Guest KWW67

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax
Being a devout Catholic from the "Old Country" i can and will tell you that i would never join any type of Mason's,Shriner's etc.. and all their mumbo-jumbo!:cheers:

One of the few groups that is worth joining, is "The Knight's of Columbus" which does not include any type of satanic or demonic stuff, since it is part of the Catholic Church!

Having had a very strict Catholic upbringing, i learned at an early age to stay away from all these groups and i am not a religious fanatic.

But to each their own!:rolleyes:

+ 1 trillion for me.:)

I respect the fact that you are a devout catholic and assure you that I have the utmost admiration for your beliefs. Admittably, some of the ways you practice your beliefs are foreign to me, however as we live in a country in which men of both our religions have shed blood in order to achieve religious freedom; I would like to think that in the 233 years since we declared our independance we could respect and recognize each others religion without mindless accusations. I am not a Mason but my father and many members of my family were and I assure you they were Godly men whose sole intention was to make this world a better place to live in for people of all religions

This has deviated greatly from the topic...

"Are you a Mason?"

It has spun into "Why Mason's are evil" thread. If that is the topic that needs to be disscussed then it would be in the best interest of the forum to start a thread devoted to that.

Then the "question" can be debated by those that wish to.

As it stands it looks like a pot shot from the sidelines and an attempt to start a mess simply for the fun of it. As presented, by the tone (comparing Mason's to Hell's Angels) the arguement is quickly lost to theatrics and any relavent links, opinions, or facts lose any crediblity.

To Slim...

If your not a Mason, then why in the world post to it in the way you have other than to promote your own beliefs in a very aggressive protanginist way. In doing so you cast yourself in the light of not truly wanting to "help people see the truth" but only to start a crap fest for the fun of it.

In short... I feel your behavior is rude, and disrespectful to the person who started this thread.

To the mods...

Why is this being allowed to continue?

I would think if "Masons" were replaced with "Jews", or any other group it would not be allowed to continue. I hope it has only continued this far because it has been "under the radar" so far.

Edited by creeky
Guest clownsdd

Stand corrected slim.

I've "been there, done that, got the t-shirt (thanks Dave Ramsey), trust my brothers before any priest or preacher I've known.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

2..ya just don't know, our "secrets" are out there for everyone to see....what about yours?

• Administrator

SLIM...

Check your private messages and then heed the warning or there will be consequences. This thread was not asking what people thought about the Masonic Lodge. It was asking who here is a member. There is absolutely no reason for you to ruin the thread with your off-topic and divisive remarks.

• Administrator

2HOW... the same warning goes for you, but I'm not going to bother sending a PM. Cut it out and try to get along with your fellow members.

I'm not a Mason but I don't have to be in order to think this thread-hijacking is pointless and rude.

Guest bkelm18

So you, a non-mason, know what Masons are better than actual masons? Is that what you are saying? Or are you just relaying internet hype?

Guest clownsdd

Slim, you are copying and pasting the catholic views on the subject with no first hand knowledge of what you are talking about.

Just drop it ok?

OK two comments and I'm done with this thread.

1. Slim - Do you have any sources that are NOT issued to you by the Catholic Church? Some of my very best friends are Catholic and I have never experienced this attitude from any of them or their families. In addition, nothing I know of or have participated in is "anti" Catholic or any other religion. If I take the criteria set forth in your post above I could easily define most companies, sports franchises, and financial institutions as religions.

2. What do ANY of your posts have to do with the OP's topic?

• Administrator

Slim now has a 7-Day Temporary Ban from TGO for ignoring the warning that I gave to him and persisting with his crusade to wreck a thread with off-topic remarks.

Hopefully when he returns, he will try harder to respect other people's thoughts and threads.

Guest clownsdd
My Grandfather was a Mason. I've always wondered what was involved in joining.

Next time you see someone with one of those "G" rings or symbols on their finger or car......ask them how.

Guest Sec334

Fadex

Enjoy your trip through the chairs. Seven years sounds like a long time, but it will go by faster than you think. Ask any PM they will tell you the same thing.

Edited by Sec334
mispelled name
Guest clownsdd

Murfreesboro Masonic Lodge

1206 SE Broad St

Murfreesboro, TN 37130

(615) 893-4332

Good Luck

Edited by clownsdd