Cheapest full auto out there???

Guest Rem_700

Guest Rem_700

I have long desired a full auto weapon but I have never had the funds avalible to purchase one.Well it looks like my finances are turning around for the better.What would be the cheapest full auto out there.Im not looking for accuracy,but I am looking for reliablity,something that won't jam up every 5 rounds.I've heard that the Mac's are about as cheap as you can get on full auto.So what would be the cheapest?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have long desired a full auto weapon but I have never had the funds avalible to purchase one.Well it looks like my finances are turning around for the better.What would be the cheapest full auto out there.Im not looking for accuracy,but I am looking for reliablity,something that won't jam up every 5 rounds.I've heard that the Mac's are about as cheap as you can get on full auto.So what would be the cheapest?

I'd say you're right on with the Mac. However, if you went with something like an AR, you would have unlimited possibilities of configurations.

Guest Bluemax

I'm in the same boat, rich mans taste on a poor mans mans pocketboot as my Dad would have put it. I would look at a Mac 10 or 11 preferably a Ingram or Cobray

When does the 86 ban expire so I can afford one

Unless somthing drastic happens and there is a huge majority of gun loving politicians that get elected its going to be in place forever. It doesent have a "sunset" like the Clinton ban. Better start saving your pennies. Also guys go over to subguns.com and check out the NFA ad board and you will catch some deals over there. $3800 and $3900 seem kinda high for a M10 or M11.

-Jason G

Guest crotalus01

I paid $2,800 for a M11/9mm from Larry Lasco in AZ (www dot firearmdeals.com) with a Bowers CAC can both on Form 4, but I just got lucky - it was not a factory gun, someone had made it from a flat receiver and registered it prior to '86. It needs some tig welding and a new buffer but otherwise is just as good (good being relative when it comes to MACs) as any factory gun I have seen. He has Laged out MACs for a little under $5K - thats a great bargain considering no waiting list for the new upper and comes built and running like a top. Larry is a real standup guy, I cant really say enough good things about my experience dealing with him.

I recently saw a website that was advertising a Skorpion full auto for $1,795 (cant remember the site but really doesnt matter because none of the NFA stuff they advertised was in stock).

Guest Major Pain

Bought an original Powder Springs Mac 10 in 1972 for $600 and buddies said I got beat. Said "they can be bought for $400. Fast forward to last fall and let a buddy buy it for $4500. Lot of fun for lot of years. I think buddy can keep and fire it for several years and get his money back plus it keeps it in the neighborhood in case I want to shoot it. Sometimes ya need a full auto fix. Built like a tank and fairly ugly it can't be beat for grins and giggles.--MP

Guest Major Pain

He had been after me for the last 5 years to buy it, had let him shoot it several times, and I finally told him I would sell it for market value. We watched buys and sells for 7 or 8 months and he agreed on price if I would do lay-away. He made payments for that time and came by and shot it once or twice during that time and after final payment he had his stamp and picked it up. Original owner from NIB with about 8000 rds run through it I thought was fair. If had put on net would not have taken that. He is also after my Colts and with no one to pass them on to I will probably see that he ends up with them. Getting older and health not so good and would like to leave my little collection with some one who will appreciate them. I thought was decent bargain for FA with history from birth.--MP

Guest Astra900

The cheapest full auto I ever dealt with was an SKS I severely neglected in the days before I knew better. The firing pin hole got really cruddy over a few months, then one day, BBBBBRRRRRR:eek::D

Looking back on our younger days, it's a wonder some of us are alive.

Guest crotalus01
He had been after me for the last 5 years to buy it, had let him shoot it several times, and I finally told him I would sell it for market value. We watched buys and sells for 7 or 8 months and he agreed on price if I would do lay-away. He made payments for that time and came by and shot it once or twice during that time and after final payment he had his stamp and picked it up. Original owner from NIB with about 8000 rds run through it I thought was fair. If had put on net would not have taken that. He is also after my Colts and with no one to pass them on to I will probably see that he ends up with them. Getting older and health not so good and would like to leave my little collection with some one who will appreciate them. I thought was decent bargain for FA with history from birth.--MP

Heh...Yeah thats a fair price for a known history FA, I was just being a smartass and forgot to add a :D to my post.

Guest crotalus01

For anyone that cares that webpage with the Skorpion FA for $1800 (not in stock) was www.proguns.com click on the class 3 weapons link at the top right. Unfortunately it seems that nothing listed in the class 3 weapons is in stock. I was looking for a Striker 12 DD or a SBS/AOW, they have good prices when they are listed but as I said nothing is in stock...

Guest krater
Never.You can thank the patron saint of Conservatives Ronald Reagan for that.

Easy now.

There was a lot of good in that bill and the poison was added in literally the last minutes to try and get it killed. Ron asked "what do you want me to do with this" and the NRA + others said 'sign it and we'll fix the bad part'. So on the advice of progunners, he signed.

We'll never see anyone as good as Ronald Reagan until after the revolution.