Knoxville Question

Guest nraforlife

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

If I were just hanging out in Marker Square, I'd carry, but unless I'm mistaken, the only business's open in the evening serve alcohol....In which case you are really on a slippery slope.

Wow, is it that bad in Market Square? I graduated from UT in '06, and admittedly did not go to Market Square that often (other than the occasional lunch break), but don't remember anything about it being unsafe.

Wow, is it that bad in Market Square? I graduated from UT in '06, and admittedly did not go to Market Square that often (other than the occasional lunch break), but don't remember anything about it being unsafe.

It's highly dangerous if you're afraid of the college crowd, pseudo-hippies and the happy hour suits.

No, Market Sq. is not bad at all. Unless maybe it's 4:00 in the morning when everything is closed. Now, if you're parked a couple or few blocks away and need to walk to the car late at night thay may be different.

Edited by Garufa
It is more the to and from rather than market square itself.

To and fro from where?

I consider downtown Knoxville as pretty safe overall...I walk around in much much "questionable" areas than downtown with minimal worry.

Folks that drive most everywhere generally feel more at risk on foot than those who walk more extensively, I've always felt.

- OS

To and fro from where?

I consider downtown Knoxville as pretty safe overall...I walk around in much much "questionable" areas than downtown with minimal worry.

Folks that drive most everywhere generally feel more at risk on foot than those who walk more extensively, I've always felt.

- OS

I agree, your fine around Market square. If you wanna feel uncomfortable, walk down to the grey hound station. :D

It's highly dangerous if you're afraid of the college crowd, pseudo-hippies and the happy hour suits.

No, Market Sq. is not bad at all. Unless maybe it's 4:00 in the morning when everything is closed. Now, if you're parked a couple or few blocks away and need to walk to the car late at night thay may be different.

True...I've lived here for 33 years and never had an issue even when the old "Underground" bar was still going strong back during HS! There are always the dark area's people shouldn't go and avoid at night...:cool:

To and fro from where?

- OS

Quoted for truth. :D

I agree, your fine around Market square. If you wanna feel uncomfortable, walk down to the grey hound station. :)

Dude?? :D

I've been going to that station for years. I've been shipping items by Greyhound alot here latley. As a matter of fact, I was there shipping out a fender last week. A car fender shipped to South Dakota was $37, you just can't beat it. You can ship a 200lb item for less than $50 so why not save some cash these days. There's nothing scary about that place or the general Central road area the Greyhound station is on.

Apperantly you've never been to Chicago, Detroit, Miami, New York, Houston or other LARGER cities with waaaaay worse areas that make Knoxville look like childs play......trust me, Knoxville is safer than you think.

Dude?? ;)

I've been going to that station for years. I've been shipping items by Greyhound alot here latley. As a matter of fact, I was there shipping out a fender last week. A car fender shipped to South Dakota was $37, you just can't beat it. You can ship a 200lb item for less than $50 so why not save some cash these days. There's nothing scary about that place or the general Central road area the Greyhound station is on.

Apperantly you've never been to Chicago, Detroit, Miami, New York, Houston or other LARGER cities with waaaaay worse areas that make Knoxville look like childs play......trust me, Knoxville is safer than you think.

I've ridden the greyhound before, the actual station isn't bad but every time I'm down there I see nothing but bums and, for lack of a better word, "thugs".

I've ridden the greyhound before, the actual station isn't bad but every time I'm down there I see nothing but bums and, for lack of a better word, "thugs".

I hear ya....maybe I'm just used to them so I don't notice them anymore. They are everywhere in LA and NY....after a few weeks there you just start to ignore them. :D