My name ain't Bubba!

Guest Guitarsnguns

Guest Guitarsnguns

I know, there are way more pressing issues in these ridiculous times to b*&tch about, but I am really tired of being referred to as, and hearing my fellow countrymen being referred to as "Bubba", "Average Joe", "Joe the Plumber and so on. I feel these are insulting slurs, designed as propaganda by the Govt/Media complex to create a negative public image of white, American, middle aged males.

Does anybody else agree? How is this different from using the "N" word to describe African Americans?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

My advise...ignore it...no need in being hyper critical...or turn it around on em...refer to the snobs as Biff and Skippy or Reginald

As you can guess from my ID, I don't have a problem with Bubba. I've been Bubba for 30+ years.

It was fun when I worked for an international company. I'm known by several people in Canada, Europe, and Asia as "Bubba". Most of them don't even know my real name... I even have it on my business cards -- at my boss's urging.

As you can guess from my ID, I don't have a problem with Bubba. I've been Bubba for 30+ years.

It was fun when I worked for an international company. I'm known by several people in Canada, Europe, and Asia as "Bubba". Most of them don't even know my real name... I even have it on my business cards -- at my boss's urging.

Its not Harold, is it?

:D

Guest Guitarsnguns

I seriously mean no offense to any "actual" Bubba's, Bubba.:D Furthermore, I would like to state that I am, by no means, one of those whiny, social issue sensitive folks. I just don't like the way terms like that are being used to promote a prejudiced stereotype. This type of language would never be tolerated if directed toward the "minority" groups of America.

Its not Harold, is it?

:D

I noticed your location is London, Ky. There are more than a few Bubba's up there... I'm originally from Monticello, Ky.

The real name is James. Same as my dad's. Whatever you do, don't ever give your kids your same first name and middle initial! That's kinda no man's land: not really a junior but can't use their first name either.

I seriously mean no offense to any "actual" Bubba's, Bubba.;) Furthermore, I would like to state that I am, by no means, one of those whiny, social issue sensitive folks. I just don't like the way terms like that are being used to promote a prejudiced stereotype. This type of language would never be tolerated if directed toward the "minority" groups of America.

No offense taken. I've been Bubba for so long that I don't even think about it. When people decide to make fun of me for being a Bubba, I just let them find out a few other things about me. When people find out what I do for a living and my background, the Bubba jokes usually end!

I do see your point. I like to do my best to go against the stereotype and watch peoples response. :D

I noticed your location is London, Ky. There are more than a few Bubba's up there... I'm originally from Monticello, Ky.

The real name is James. Same as my dad's. Whatever you do, don't ever give your kids your same first name and middle initial! That's kinda no man's land: not really a junior but can't use their first name either.

Why not Jimmy? :D

I'm a transplant to Ky. this is my wifes' home town. I have NO problem with folks named Bubba. I know a couple of Bubba's that are genuinely good people. smart, articulate and capable.

if you think being a Bubba is bad, try having a snooty name and speaking with an accent.

My name is Elliott...I'm neither fish nor fowl nor good red meat when it comes to that sort of stuff..

I know, there are way more pressing issues in these ridiculous times to b*&tch about, but I am really tired of being referred to as, and hearing my fellow countrymen being referred to as "Bubba", "Average Joe", "Joe the Plumber and so on. I feel these are insulting slurs, designed as propaganda by the Govt/Media complex to create a negative public image of white, American, middle aged males.

Does anybody else agree? How is this different from using the "N" word to describe African Americans?

It's a term used by the sanctimonious elite most often of the liberal persuasion often followed by redneck or hillbilly etc. Especially directed towards gun owners on some other forums I have read. It's the only bigotery that's acceptable to them but it's bigotery never the less no different than racism.

For me, the name Bubba isn't derogatory at all. However, I see Guitarsandguns point that it is used as a derogatory label by the liberal elite whenever they want to talk about most anyone in a so-called "Red State".

It is their way of demeaning those of us who believe in things like God, The 2nd Amendment, freedom, etc.

Guest Grout

I know a guy called Bubba.He does not have a neck,seriously his head sits on his shoulders.He went to the doctor because his "neck that you can't see hurt".The doctor charged him $125 and told him he was built funny.We just laughed at him and said "Hell we could have told you that":rofl::D:rofl:

Guest Guitarsnguns
For me, the name Bubba isn't derogatory at all. However, I see Guitarsandguns point that it is used as a derogatory label by the liberal elite whenever they want to talk about most anyone in a so-called "Red State".

It is their way of demeaning those of us who believe in things like God, The 2nd Amendment, freedom, etc.

And... after they have finished slandering and demeaning all of the folks who still believe in what America stands for, they will begin to portray us as extremists and homegrown terrorists who should be feared, reviled and eliminated. If you don't think it can happen, check out this link. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/23/fusion-centers-expand-criteria-identify-militia-members/

Guest 70below

I had a chinchilla named Bubba......I figured he deserved a good solid southern name :D

The only time I find the term Bubba offensive is when someone says that I "Bubba'd" a rifle....and even then I can just calmly tell them to "Bite me"....lol.

And... after they have finished slandering and demeaning all of the folks who still believe in what America stands for, they will begin to portray us as extremists and homegrown terrorists who should be feared, reviled and eliminated. If you don't think it can happen, check out this link. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/23/fusion-centers-expand-criteria-identify-militia-members/

+1

Guest malbolja
I am really tired of being referred to as, and hearing my fellow countrymen being referred to as "Bubba", "Average Joe", "Joe the Plumber and so on.

I wear those tags with pride.