Ruger Single Six 32 H&R

billmeek

***NOT FOR SALE***

I was talking with one of my good friends on the phone about firearm values and we had a disagreement about the value of a well used Ruger Single Six 32 H&R:

SingleSix1.thumb.jpg.3705306447e795dff4f7ce9eebfdb626.jpg

SingleSix2.thumb.jpg.6fb1cfd3f9e3e6b7160dd6e3afba1706.jpg

Because of the scarcity of new ammo (we could only find Buffalo Bore in 32 H&R), he believes the value is *very* low.  Personally, I think he's undervaluing the pistol by at least half if not significantly more.   I know that the value will fluctuate based on the buyer.  But selling to a private party, what ballpark do you think it's worth?

Gun Broker shows that all of them seem to get sold (checking under Completed Auctions), and they are beginning in the mid six hundreds and up as high as 11-1200, depending on variation. So seems like folks around MY neck of the woods here would want to start it at about $2K, since they all seem to "know what they got, so don't be trying ta low ball me none!"

I would expect you could find some ammo for it, doesn't Georgia Arms sell that in their new cartridge line? I bet handloading, it would be a sweet little plinker!

8 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

doesn't Georgia Arms sell that in their new cartridge line?

When you filter by 32 H&R Mag there are no results.  Out of stock seem to be the norm.

Your low-end pricing is more in line with what I guessed ($500-600). 

Thank you for you help!

• Like 1

The .32 H&R Magnum sorta fell on its face. It was pretty popular when it first came out, But then came the .327 Federal and that just about killed the H&R. The .327 is a much better cartridge.  Many H&R owners had their guns rechambered to .327. 

Now days the Ruger Single Six 32 H&R is more of a collectible curiosity than a practical shooter. Depending on condition, they run in the $600-800 range. 

I wonder if that's "do'able" in that little Ruger? You would think if it could be done at ALL, that Single Six would take it and ask for more. Then screw a 4" barrel on, have it done up in matte hard chrome (tastefully selected shade, of course) and get that old lead pot, gas checks and brass flowing!

Or keep it that pretty blue finish, chop the barrel and plop a partridge front sight right on it!

Just about anything in .32 caliber is getting hard to find. I'd love to have a revolver chambered in .327 Fed, which can also shoot .32 H&R, .32 S&W long and short rounds. But good luck finding one, anywhere!!! Ruger and Taurus still list them in their catalogue, but they aren't new out on the street apparently.  

As for the Ruger Single Six in. 32 H&R, apparently, it's a reloaders dream and a fantastic woods gun. Very capable of putting meat in the pot, while roughing it.  I've not seen a Single Six under $500 anywhere and most are north of that by a $100 to $200.

I see .32 long on the shelves often at several places around Knoxville, but not .327 or .32 H&R.

• Like 1

HOLY COW! I just checked Ammoseek for .32 H&R ammo. Only 2 Buffalo Bore loads are available and that stuff is $2.15 per round! 😵

.327 Fed ain't much better. The only thing available there is the Federal factory ammo. That's $1.50 per round. ☹️

I have a S&W Model 16-4 in .32 H&R. I experimented with the H&R ammo a bit. But mostly I just use it for target shooting with .32 S&W Long ammo. Guess that's what I'll keep doing. 🙄

• Like 1
On 2/4/2023 at 9:11 AM, Moped said:

I'd love to have a revolver chambered in .327 Fed, which can also shoot .32 H&R, .32 S&W long and short rounds. But good luck finding one, anywhere!!! Ruger and Taurus still list them in their catalogue, but they aren't new out on the street apparently.  

The Ruger LCR and LCRx 327 are pretty easy to find online right now.  Examples:

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/ruger-5452-lcr-327-federal-mag-1.87-6-round-black-hogue-tamer-monogrip-grip-black-matte

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/ruger-5462-lcrx-327-federal-mag-1.87-5-round-black-tamer-monogrip-grip-black-matte

Pretty much everything else is sold out or asking ridiculous pricing.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, billmeek said:

Those are the lowest I've seen!

1 hour ago, Moped said:

Those are the lowest I've seen!

Yeah, Family Firearms usually is very competitive on firearms.  When you add in they do not charge taxes outside of AL, they are often the best price.  The only down side I've seen so far is that if they ship it from the warehouse, and your FFL is a small one (i.e. - home based), then the warehouse will ship it to Family Firearms first so the ship time is longer.   So if you are in a hurry pay attention to the dark/light green that shows inventory status.

Edited by billmeek
  • Like 1