Having recently added a RDS and grip module to my 365xl, I have become aware that I need a few tools to do gun maintenance.  Specifically, some better quality hex tools than the ones connected together in one pkg, and maybe some small punches.  Anyone have any recommendations as to what to look for and what to get? Picture shows one in a video along the lines of what I’m looking for. 

IMG_1109.png

Edited by Defender

Look no further than Brownell's. They specialize in gunsmithing tools and have everything you could possibly want. Top quality stuff. They ain't cheap, but quality tools never are. 

I suggest you start with their MAGNA-TIP screwdriver set. Its pretty much the industry standard. Bits are available in all types, shapes and sizes, including the hex bits you need.  I filled all the spaces in my box years ago. 😉

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BigK said:

I'm guilty of using inferior driver bits and mediocre hex tools, but I do own what I'd consider a good set of punches. Grace-USA makes them. They're the same folks that make those wood handled screwdrivers w/ the silver sleeve on the shaft that I bet we all saw in our dad's or grandpa's tool box growing up. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WADKN0/

Thanks!

As a collector of military surplus weapons I’ve had to fabricate certain tools. Example, French rifles that have nuts and bolts with holes in them instead of slots. A good tool to have is a Dremel. Also a good set of needle files.  You can make custom tools from inexpensive screwdrivers. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bondhus makes the best allen/hex keys I have used by far.  Used them daily in a maintenance/engineering setting years ago and still use them pretty often now at home. The ball end makes it a lot easier to drive in tight/angled spaces.