Couple of knife sheaths

IMG_0981.jpeg.dc071c27fe5207cde34b0e0c11f4941e.jpegIMG_0975.jpeg.4d612ad8b1407ee0d43b933f8de8afb8.jpegThe sheath on the right was requested by a gentleman a while back for an Esee 5. He wanted the scales dyed as well.
While he was waiting he sent word that he had given his grandson the same knife and wanted one built for him too. 
Then he saw a picture of a holster I had made for a friend of mine with initials on it, so he asked if I could put his grandson’s initials on it. I said sure, I’ll do that.

A little later he asked if I could do an arrow with fletching and a flint-knapped broadhead. I said well I’m not sure but I’m a-gonna try it. (Plum skeered at that point)

So the sheath on the left is the one built for his grandson. The picture below is the grandson’s sheath in the raw with a little bit of design on the belt loop. 

I’m not the artistic type so it took me a while to do all that. There’s still some things I don’t like about it and I’d very much love to be able to improve on not only adding designs, but everything I’m doing. I hope he likes them. 

Edited by res308
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Looks great to me!

You won't ever make an item that pleases you...at least I haven't. Everyone else isn't so critical.

That’s a valid statement. When I make something I know where the flaws are and it bothers me. 

• Like 2
On 7/3/2023 at 2:49 PM, gregintenn said:

That ain’t a bad thing. It’s what drives us to try and improve.

Or drives us CRAZY.  My wife will many times “check out” a project when it’s complete. At first she would miss some of the flaws on projects , so I would point them out to her. Now she doesn’t miss any and sometimes will find some I missed. 

Love the look on those sheaths. Very Nice work. 

• Like 1

Very nice work. Yup, wife is a good critic. Hard to get a compliment out of mine. 
I print off images from the net and size them appropriately. Sometimes have to print several times to get sized right. then use tracing film to transfer to the leather. Makes carving easier since I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. working on a sheath now, putting off the artwork that is going on the frog. Dreading trying to transfer nose art from a B52 to a spot about 1.5 x 2 inches.

• Like 1