Holster suggestions for G19

Now that it is getting warmer, well not today, I am not wearing a coat at work. I have been carrying my Glock 19 OWB and my kel tec on a belt clip. My question is what would be a better way to carry my G19 when i am not wearing my jacket or shirt untucked. Any Ideas?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it is getting warmer, well not today, I am not wearing a coat at work. I have been carrying my Glock 19 OWB and my kel tec on a belt clip. My question is what would be a better way to carry my G19 when i am not wearing my jacket or shirt untucked. Any Ideas?

The usual IWB recommendations, I guess.

Want something pretty quick?

kydex: Comp-Tac or Crossbreed

leather: D.M. Bullard or less custom Galco, Hume, Desantis

wait a good long while?: TT Gunleather, UBG Holsters, K&D and etc.

wait a long long while?: Milt Sparks and etc.

many others of course.

I only listed makers who have double retainers that are off the thick part of the gun.

If you want some kind of clip/loop holsters that have those on thick part of holster/gun, there are many many, but I never recommend them.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

More than likley, you'll have to do what we all end up doing. Most of the holsters that are recomended are holsters that are simply wonderful and do their job. The only issue is one might be more uncomfortable to someone then it would be for someone else or maybe the "draw" of the firearm is tough or hard to do. So, feel free to purchase a few holsters and try them out, you can always sell them to someone else to try if you don't like them......oh, and expect to buy a few before you find one you really like......:shrug:

Sorry, that's the truth.

For my G19 and my summer carry G26, (unlike "OhShoot";) ) I use a BlackHawk IWB. It's a single snap belt-loop leather holster and it is very comfortable for me to carry in the "4/5 O'clock " or "Kidney Karry" position. It's the only position I'd recomend for this holster though. I've tried other positions but they aren't as comfortable with this holster.

Edited by kwe45919
Guest Boomhower
I carry my G19 inside the waistband in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Super comfortable and very concealable.

:up:

That's the best and quickest that I have found (for my needs). You'll have your holster in about a week and it's money well spent even if you are only going to be using it for a short period of time........and I guarantee you someone will happily buy it off of ya if you decide to move on to something else at a later point and time.

Guest LieutenantDan67
I carry my G19 inside the waistband in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Super comfortable and very concealable.

+ another 1

I just got my MTAC for my G19 a couple of days ago, barely a week from order to received.

Obviously, I haven't carried outside the house yet. lol...

Edited by LieutenantDan67

+1 on the MTAC and may I suggest the slide model for the G19. I think you will find that the less length on the kydex body makes it a little more comfortable. Also, go ahead and order a couple more clips. One set you can alter or cut the excess off of when you find the sweet spot for you and the other you can keep stock.

I carry my Glocks in a Crossbreed and love it. Alot of leather backing, but it keeps the gun out of my lovehandles and the sweat off of my gun.

th_CrossbreedGlock301.jpgth_MTACGlock302.jpg

Yes, I own both the MTAC and the Crossbreed. Oh, and yes, get a good belt. I have a nylon 5.11 Operator belt. 5.11 makes a nice looking leather belt as well.

Edited by Shima
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest shadow12
I carry my Glock 32 (same dimensions as the G19) in a Kramer IWB#3 horsehide on a Galco CB2 belt. Great for all day carry.

I love the Kramer holsters, I have 2 for my 1911's, have the #3 IWB on order for my G23. Nothing better for my purposes.

Ditto on the belt,it can make or break a good holsters ability.Need a recomendation,try the beltmans website,I have a bullhide 1 1/2 inch,they are great,and not that expensive.

+ 1 on the belt. I have one I had made locally that I've used for several years. It's time to replace it. i ordered one from the beltman last week. Glad to hear another recommendation for his work.

Guest illumina

Anyone have any experience with the new neutral cant MTAC? I just passed my HCP class today and am trying to decide between the neutral cant and the traditional MTAC. From the description it sounds like the neutral cant is more for a two o'clock position, and I'm looking more for a four o'clock position, so I'm leaning towards the traditional.

+1 for the crossbreed, nice thing about them is, the G19 one can be used with many different glocks. I have carried my old 23 and 27 in it just fine since you can "remold it". They actually send directions with the holster on how to adjust the tension by remolding the kydex.