Springfield arms SA-35 who's bought one and are you happy with it?

I've been interested in an original hi power but for lack of knowledge on what's original to the different models and the average prices I haven't made a purchase 

Wondering if the new sa-35 is as good or better ?

• Like 1

Since Grayfox bought it up, I just bought a Girsan MPC35 and am pleased with the quality and the way it shoots. I got mine off Gunbroker by the time I paid for everything taxes transfer fee and bought 2extra mags I was close to $700.00. It came with one mag. I got the full size match with straight trigger no mag safety.

• Like 1

So I took my old wheel gun collection and my Beretta to the range today on the way out I get to looking they've got a Springfield SA 35 and a girsan mc35

I put them both in my hand The Springfield was a natural pointer when I brought it up for me may have been the thicker grips The girsan for some reason hit me more like a Glock 19 where I was having to pull the front of the gun up probably the grips because it looked like the exact same angle as the Springer

So I'm going to purchase one of them tomorrow that gives me tonight to think about it 😁

They had a new FN high power with a 17 round mag we did notice that the FN and Springfield mags would not interchange but the gersan and Springfield mags will 

This is voice to text I see it wants to spell gerson different every time lol

It seemed like the mags may interchange if you would move the mag release to the other side but the top of it was just a little bit different on the FN just in case anybody wanted to know any of that

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/springfield-armory-sa-35-9mm-handgun-hp9201#product_detail

$640 shipped. Believe no tax with this dealer. Under $700 w/ transfer and BC. 

That's a pretty good deal

Hoping I can talk my local gun seller into that or less cash I guess we'll see  tomorrow

It's kind of a tough choice between the Springer and the girsan It would be easier if I was able to shoot them both

That thing that FN is currently calling a High Power is NOT a real Hi-Power. Totally different new design that looks sorta like the old Hi-Power trying to cash in on a classic name. From all I hear, its a fine gun. But it ain't a Hi-Power. 🤬

• Like 2

The new FN they had was railed and about $950 before any kind of negotiation which put it  out of the running for me 

Maybe some folks that bought a basic version like the two I am considering can appreciate the FN with its rail and I'm sure other upgrades

The SA-35 is a better High Power than FN ever built.  Trigger, sights and safety that are all very usable... which can't be said about the original line.

The new "FN High Power" is a completely different gun (and an improvement IMO) but more expensive, and in true FN fashion, take completely new magazines.

My Girsan MC 35 would be a lot more usable if it weren't for the 8 pound trigger... but otherwise I like the features on it.

bhp-series.jpg

Edited by ken_mays
  • Like 3

So I took the plunge after fondling the Springfield and the girsan yesterday evening and again this morning I decided the Springer while nice wasn't worth the extra 2 to $300 for me not today so I bought an MC P35

I've only put about 50 rounds through it It shoots to the point of aim mind you I was firing at a target only 30 ft away but so far for about five out the door not too bad

• Like 2