Bag that Converts to Chest Rig

Good Day! Does anyone have experience with owning or carrying a bag that converts to a chest rig? I’m looking for something that can carry a couple of AR mags, pistol mags, light and maybe a radio…bare essential medical supplies like tourniquet, etc. I’ve found a couple via searching the internets but wanted to get some first hand feedback especially if any members have purchased one or two and could provide some real world experience. I’m not looking for something that screams tactical…something a little low key if ya know what I mean! 

I bought similar to what you are talking about. Wound up loading it to the point it wasn't good for daily carry. My advice is make sure it isn't too large. ETSY is a good place to look if you have patience.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, papa61 said:

I bought similar to what you are talking about. Wound up loading it to the point it wasn't good for daily carry. My advice is make sure it isn't too large. ETSY is a good place to look if you have patience.

Thanks much - I have had good luck with etsy for a 3d printed pinky extension for my Beretta 21 & some holsters/mag clips!

• Like 1

Haley strategic flat pack is a simple backpack that has the ability to add a chest rig.  Alternatively you could always put the female buckles onto a backpack strap that had webbing and attach the front panel of the chest rig pretty easily. Dirty Civilian just posted a youtube video about this a week or so ago.

4 hours ago, Dawg1998 said:

Do you have a favorite model and/or load out, Leroy? Any lessons learned from usage or mistakes made? Any advice is welcomed!

I've used em all... The one I like is the " Original ".  I'ma thinkin it's about 11 inches wide by 8 inches tall by 1.5 thick.  I like this one because he will easily carry a big pistol or revolver, which is what I got him for. 

As I remember, there is one that is a bit larger volume wise, which would work great for carrying first aid n edc stuff.  If ya are smaller across the chest, they make a " stubby " which is a bit shorter.  It will easily hold a subcompact pistola. I've carried the Glock subcompacts ( 26, 33, 27 ) in him easily. 

These bags work exactly as ya would think, are of a bombproof build quality.  There is nothing bad to say about em, other than they are pricey.  Price is the main drawback, especially now that others are copying the concept. 

I would look at the 511 stuff too, but I haven't tried their chest bag.  Hope this helps a bit.

leroy...

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, leroy said:

I've used em all... The one I like is the " Original ".  I'ma thinkin it's about 11 inches wide by 8 inches tall by 1.5 thick.  I like this one because he will easily carry a big pistol or revolver, which is what I got him for. 

As I remember, there is one that is a bit larger volume wise, which would work great for carrying first aid n edc stuff.  If ya are smaller across the chest, they make a " stubby " which is a bit shorter.  It will easily hold a subcompact pistola. I've carried the Glock subcompacts ( 26, 33, 27 ) in him easily. 

These bags work exactly as ya would think, are of a bombproof build quality.  There is nothing bad to say about em, other than they are pricey.  Price is the main drawback, especially now that others are copying the concept. 

I would look at the 511 stuff too, but I haven't tried their chest bag.  Hope this helps a bit.

leroy...

Helps a ton - thanks much! I'm fairly broad across the chest and want to put 3 AR mags in the main pocket and have the ability to attach smaller pouches or kit on the outside. Buy once cry once my friend! I'm good with the price as long as it reflects quality...I've purchased cheap stuff and the zippers failed the first day...lesson learned especially on the important gear! I'll definitely check out 5.11 and a couple of others....just trying to decide between molle on the outside for extra configuration options or go low key nothing on the outside to "blend-in." Leaning towards added function over discretion.

• Like 1