They Charged me - The problem isn't fixed...

So, my pistol is having an awful time extracting and I dropped it at a local gunshop to have it fixed and they said fine it'll be done in 2 days. 9 days later they said it was done and charged me 50$. I took it out to the range and it CLEARLY wasn't fixed. The gun still fails to extract about 1 out of every 5 rounds.

I think I am going to do a chargeback on my CC let the shop know I won't be shopping there anymore and take the pistol to a different gunshop that has gotten lots of rave reviews from everyone I know. Does this seem like ana cceptable course of action?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably take it back to the first gunsmith and have them take a second look at it. I doubt they intentionally returned it to you with a problem. Perhaps it worked well with their test ammo, or perhaps they didn't test fire it. They may have just disassembled it, found a broken/ damaged part, replaced it, and gave it back to you.

However, if they didn't test fire it then I might be more inclined to take it elsewhere. One of the biggest things when doing any sort of repair work is that you do everything you can to ensure the problem is fixed before you return the item to the customer.

Just out of curiosity, what type of pistol is it? Intermittently won't extract, I take it? Any damage to the properly extracted brass, or the brass that doesn't extract? what type of ammo are you using, have you tried any others?

Well, I thought about taking it back but it irks me that the gunsmith marked the work order as 'ok' without any details about what he did. Maybe if they detailed some work they had done because they thought it was the problem. But nothing. I feel like, right now, I paid 50$ to have somone eyeball and say 'looks good' after I explained the problem in pretty good detail on the work order when I dropped it off.

Describe the problem on paper and return the gun to the shop along with all paperwork. Make certain the manager understands that this is a call back. Explain that you expect an explanation of what is found and corrected. Make certain the manager knows the time they had the gun was much longer than they had told you it would be. Treat them the way you would want to be treated.

oldogy

Guest bhoneycutt

I would take it back to the original shop and let them know the problem was not fixed. You already paid them 50 bucks chances are they might make it right for free or at a discounted price according to the problem. If you take it somewhere else they will surely charge you for what ever repairs need to be done and it will be like you are paying twice to have the same problem fixed! So basically Im with the others give them a chance to make it right. Probably also if you let them know this is a repeat issue that they didn't fix they will make it a priority.

Edited by bhoneycutt