While in Jackson, TN today, I dropped by the Great Outdoors Store to check out the indoor shooting range. While browsing, I noticed they had full auto weapons for rent. With my military career, I have fired the: M-2, M-249, M-60 on full auto and fired the M-16 on burst. But have always wanted to try out a MP-5.

I had a blast, very controllable weapon in the full auto mode.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the fees for rental? and where is this store?

$35 for a Class III. MP-5 was not the only full auto. I did notice a Sten. I will return to try out the Glocks. This summer, I might be on active duty and can double-dip for 3 pay periods and may invest in a Glock.

$35 for Class III.

Great Outdoors is located just off Highland Ave. (Hwy 45 business) just south of I-40.

i would wet my pants to be able to shoot one of those. it is my favorite Counter Strike weapon =)

if i had the money i would own one. but what are they..........15 grand? hahaha i can dream can't i?

Try 20-25 grand. I had an opportunity to buy one in the early 90's for 6k and couldn't bring myself to pay that much for one gun. What an idiot. :P

buk

Guest Todd@CIS

My major bitch about the MP5 is the poor safety selector positioning...you need raccoon claws to use it.

It is very controllable on full-auto. The only thing that I've shot full-auto that beats it (control wise) is the FN PS90.

Guest Traumaslave

MP5 has always been my favorite. I can't even afford a semiauto at $3500 so, I bought a CA94, clone. Still waiting on the taxstamp to SBR it. It will look right anyway. Maybe someday I will be able to afford a burst pack to drop in.;)

Great Outdoor Store in Jackson has 4 Class III weapons for rent

MP-5

MP-5SD3

Sterling (L2A3 I think)

M-16 with 3 round burst

I have rented the MP-5SD3 and the Sterling both and, man, what fun. One note, buy the "BIG" box of ammo.

• 1 year later...
Guest Plainsman

Hmm, I'd think they would want to keep those type of guns in great condition instead of renting them out for $35. Heck, they'd have to rent the thing out 430 times just to cover initial cost. Sounds cool for us though!

Hmm, I'd think they would want to keep those type of guns in great condition instead of renting them out for $35. Heck, they'd have to rent the thing out 430 times just to cover initial cost. Sounds cool for us though!

Most likely it is a dealer post sample. Dealers with SOT and LE sign off can purchase weapons made after the 86 ban. They can't be sold to the public, but they can be rented or sold for agency purchase.

My uncle took me out to their range one cold winter morning. His SWAT team had been to several training classes and his control/precision was amazing. In my hands "not so much". His is the full size, fixed stock model. I was only able to shoot about 300 rounds before a boy scout troop showed up and we had to put away the Mean Guns. He also brought out his other issued carbine. A 10" Bushmaster carbine with 3 round burst. It jammed twice on me and once on him. It was my first time shooting either weapon and the AR confused the heck out of me. Took about 60 seconds to be able to work the MP5. He did scream at me for the first few MP5 mag changes to hit the bolt handle when it was locked back. Evidently I was babying it....

I had went to the range really wanting to shoot the his AR, but fell in love with his MP5. Until then I thought it was just an over-rated super hyped gun that was only so popular because most of us will never be able to own one. Now I'm a believer, in both the platform, AND proper training.... :)

Guest Keinengel

On Target in Murfreesboro rents out C3s as well. I know of at least two MP5s, a full size UZI and my fave, an M1A1 Thompson. If any of you head up that way be sure to check out their rentals.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Billetproof

One of my local dealers has a full auto shoot about 3-4 times a year. $20 per 30 round magazine, what a blast! I've shot his HK 416 SBR, HK G36 suppressed,HK MP5 suppressed,HK UMP45 suppressed, Kriss Super V, & Glock 18. He's having two next week with belt feds but I'm tapped with bills, I'm seriously thinking of collecting pop bottles so I can make it!

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/gunbarn2/FullAuto3-2.jpg

I have 2 mp5 and a couple of mac 10 s an hk g3 ans a 1919 if you have ammo and will help clean you can shoot.I work alot and live near Nashville plus I belong to a club with a great rangeas I don't have a range buisness it's free for the guns just bring your own ammo

I have 2 mp5 and a couple of mac 10 s an hk g3 ans a 1919 if you have ammo and will help clean you can shoot.I work alot and live near Nashville plus I belong to a club with a great rangeas I don't have a range buisness it's free for the guns just bring your own ammo

Now that is a truly selfless act. Wish you were in Memphis. :tinfoil:

Guest Billetproof

What a great guy!! Wish I wasn't 8 hours away!