Tearing down an old barn for the wood?

Does anyone here know someone that’s interested in tearing down an old barn for the wood and metal roofing?Tear down and clean up. I had a guy from Jamestown last year that started on it then left on me🤬It’s REALLY hard to find somebody to tell you the truth anymore.🤔

IMG_3628.jpeg

IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

IMG_3634.jpeg

IMG_3633.jpeg

Edited by jeff43
Pictures

Sorry, I don't have a recommendation.

Had a guy to repair my dock, he called with the time to meet, never showed, no call, nothing.

Very tough to find anyone who is dependable & knows what they're doing.

Very sad out there.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Sorry, I don't have a recommendation.

Had a guy to repair my dock, he called with the time to meet, never showed, no call, nothing.

Very tough to find anyone who is dependable & knows what they're doing.

Very sad out there.

I had a guy do me the same way on an old house a few years back. He gave me some money for it and it started out good,then he slowly quit coming back. I finally found out his address over around Pelham. Went to his trailer he lived in. MAN was he surprised when I showed up! He came back a few more times, never finished it.

This barn guy was good at first, have me the story of he had tore down over 300 barns and his crew wasn’t a fly by night bunch. WELL HE WAS! Last time I’d talk to him he said he was having health problems and had cancer . Don’t know if was lying or not. 
Probably was.

Edited by jeff43

Make them get a bond of some sort.  It will very quickly separate those truly interested.  Make it enough to hire someone to finish it and clean it up.   Or see if you can get the fire dept to burn it and then clean up the metal yourself. 

I tried the same thing with an old house on my property.  They wouldn’t do it due to asbestos in the floors but said if I removed the floors they would do it.  I have a barn similar to yours I wouldn’t mind taking down as well.  Good luck finding someone. 

• Like 1

Barnwood Builders? I don't see any big old beams that would have significant value, but they might be able to recommend someone. 

Local craftsmans guild who would use the material? 

1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

somewhere there's a hipster couple drooling. I bet you facebook marketplace would get you some labor quickly.

Maybe, I don’t do Facebook. May get my son or daughter to put it on there. 
Thanks