Any other MMO players around?

Yeah, I'm an MMO geek. I've played the vast majority of MMO's that have come out since '99. Currently still playin EverQuest, though I did play WoW for about a 6 months until I got tired of it. Everything else I'd play for 1-2 months or a week (in Warhammer's case), and keep goin back to good ol' EQ.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish - what server ya on?

Paletiger - MMO is short for MMORPG which is Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Daniel - I played Lineage 2 for a couple months, but after the only people I ever saw were adena farming bots, I called it quits.

Guest jos2f

Ah Good ol EQ1. I played that for a coons age. I always ended up just running the bazaar buying low/selling high instead of actually leveling :screwy: Got to 53 I think on my Shaman as highest level.

Did WoW for 2-3 years, currently play Lord of the Rings Online casually. Warhammer, EQ2, SWG all got tries but nothing more than a couple months play time

Guest jos2f

No doubt, some of the most fun stuff was buying twink items in the bazaar and leveling an alt in no time. Stupid XP curve slowed it down around 25-30, but it was fun nonetheless.

Guest Hyaloid

I played Neverwinter Nights for quite sometime, and had a hand in the development and running of two persistent worlds.

My gaming tastes vary, but I have spent alot of time playing Guild Wars and the associated expansion packs.

FPSers are a blast, but the COD series has left a bad taste in my mouth recently... I'm about to fire up Battlefield 2 (new patch and map coming out) for some old-time fun.. love dem Jets. :screwy:

Guest tnmedic

wow is ok keeps me playing since guild wars pretty much sucks right now until the mythical guild wars 2 actually ever comes out, I like cod 5 and 4 was a good game just didn't take that long to finish.

Guest jos2f
wow is ok keeps me playing since guild wars pretty much sucks right now until the mythical guild wars 2 actually ever comes out, I like cod 5 and 4 was a good game just didn't take that long to finish.

Take that long to finish? How do you finish multiplayer mode? lol

COD is best for multiplayer, their single player is just a bonus! Some of the most intense single player FPS around, which has been the case since COD1 many many years ago

Guest illumina

I've played WoW on and off since launch. I recently sold my account though since I finally decided it was taking too much of my time for too little of a return. I still play games often. I try to focus on consoles now, which is why I have a PS3, 360 AND wii. I used to play tons of FPSes though. Played return to castle wolfenstein so much that I flew to quakecon in 2003 and placed 3rd in the world.

Guest Hyaloid
You make my heart break. COD4 is the best FPS I've played in recent memory.

COD 4 was a blast for a while... WaW was fun for about a week.

The issue I have with them comes from server management and several key gameplay issues. Most notably the retarded spawn system and the less than adequate Punkbuster/Anti-hack support.

Guest tnmedic

I play solo in cod, so that part didn't take that long to finish, multiplayer in a fps just does nothing for me and eventually just p's me off that I end up throwing controllers and whatever else. one of these days I will get into ulduar but right now I am doing good to hit 2100 dps in 25 man naxx and that isn't even close to being good enough for mally or ulduar.

Guest bhoneycutt

I used to play WOW for like 3 years but got tired of it. One it got boring and two It consumed a lot of my free time. Now COD4 and 5 is another story. I still play them regularly. Actually I have been playing the COD5 Nazi Zombie multiplayer a lot on Xbox. My friends and I have a blast with it. Its nice not to have a obligation to a guild or anything and just be able to jump on for a quick game or two.