Anyone here into watches?

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

They kind of go hand in hand with guns. Fine machines, take up little space (unlike collecting antique cars/trucks), and there's always one more that you just "need". :D

Guest bkelm18

I wear a cheap Casio to work but outside of work I have a Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition. I like it a lot. I wish I could find a good leather strap to put on it, I'm not very fond of the metal straps.

I like a good watch, probably as much as a good gun. I bought a Tag Aquaracer automatic last summer. The automatic is great, but if you don't wear it everyday it is a pain in the you know what. I wanted a submariner, but the Tag is so similar in looks and a whole lot cheaper.

Ahh, the Casio Databank. The flagship of nerds world wide!:D

I used to think they where awsome when I was a kid. Now I wear, if I wear a watch it is usually a wal mart cheap one and it has to be waterproof.

I am :D

Rolex Submariner Gold/Stainless with blue face/bezel

Rolex Submariner Gold/Stainless with black face/bezel

Breitling Navitimer

Omega Speedmaster Professional

A bunch of assorted "work" watches

Pics:

Shiny-

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

(The blue faced Rolex is my daily beater)

Not shiny-

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

These are my field/OCONUS watches.

The Suunto has been on numerous overseas deployments. I have used Suunto products exclusively in my "other job" for about 15 years+ years.

The watch to the right is one of the early prototypes of a Nike branded mil-spec watch my buddy designed while working with the Oakley/Nut hugger shorts guys (SEALs)

The other two are 5.11 field watches.

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest Bluemax
I wear a LumiNox about all the time.

Best active wear on the market IMO. The SR71 Blackbird is at the top of my wishlist after my firearms, for now I am content with a Seiko Orange Monster and a Swiss Sub Commander

Best active wear on the market IMO. The SR71 Blackbird is at the top of my wishlist after my firearms, for now I am content with a Seiko Orange Monster and a Swiss Sub Commander

I wore a Seiko Orange monster for over 5 years, that is a great watch to be content with to say the least!

I love the Monsters, got an orange and a black. Everyday watch is a Marathon GSAR.

Same here...on the stainless bracelet of course. Mine is one of the "rare" ones that doesn't have a serial #. Picked it up from a guy on eBay who had it advertised as a TSAR. The pics of the caseback clearly showed that is was a GSAR. :wall:

Guest smittyb

I've got a Tag Heuer Formula 1 limited edition Indy 500 chrono. I like nice watches, but I'd rather spend my money on guns and cars. Now if I were ritch....

Guest m4coyote

I used to be into collecting fine watches. At one time I had an 18K gold dialed Day Date Presidential, black dialed SS Submariner, a black dialed SS Sea Dweller, a SS Daytona, black dialed SS Tudor Chronograph, and a blue dialed SS Tudor Submariner. The perpetual mechanical watches were my only choice, because of the fine craftsmanship involved in making such a complicated device.

To me, a quartz Rolex might as well have been a Seiko, Casio, or Armitron. A Patek Phillipe complicated movement almost followed me home one day, I loved being able to see the inner workings through the sapphire back crystal, but $35K was just too much.

I finally became tired of the weight, expensive scratches, and the hair being constantly pulled from my arm. I always tried to be constantly aware of the value of them, and ended up not wearing them much. I figured that the money would be better served in guns & my other addiction - photography. I finally sold the last expensive watch about five years ago, and now just have a synthetic cased Luminox - that I do not even wear. Since I have to carry a cell phone, I figured that it was redundant to have more than one time piece. The people at the Brainerd Rone Regency were very nice folks, and I miss being on a first name basis with them.

I love nice watches, although I don't collect them like I do guns. :wall:

Mine:

Omega Seamaster

Omega Speedmaster

Rolex GMT Master II

I want a Breitling. Maybe someday I will get one.

That's still a pretty good collection. I almost bought an Omega instead of the Tag.

I not really a "watch guy" but I do appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into them. There is one watch that I have always wanted tough, the Rolex GMT Master II. I think it is just a awesome looking watch. Hopefully one day, if I can quit buying guns for a while....

16710DFULL.jpg

I keep mine pretty simple:

Seiko SKX173 for nights and weekends

Oris TT1 with metal bracelet for work and church

Unfortunately, I have to keep exchanging them to keep them both wound! Argh! The life of trying to maintain two automatics!!!!