Wally world with ammo

Guest cowboy20th

Guest cowboy20th

Bought some 9mm at the hendersonville wallmart today, they also had some 357 and 44 magnum rounds too.

Also heard the wally world in hermitage had a good supply of ammo today I believe they had just about every caliber they carry, though I didn't see it myself.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in that Hendersonville WM umpteen times over the last month and all I've seen is a few boxes of .40S&W they always seem to have. I don't know if they haven't gotten any ammo, or sell all they get in a matter of minutes. The guy I usually see in the sporting goods dept. always looks pissed when you ask about ammo.:usa:

Guest m&pc9
I've been in that Hendersonville WM umpteen times over the last month and all I've seen is a few boxes of .40S&W they always seem to have. I don't know if they haven't gotten any ammo, or sell all they get in a matter of minutes. The guy I usually see in the sporting goods dept. always looks pissed when you ask about ammo.:usa:

I would like to have those lonely boxes of .40.

Guest Matthew
I think Knoxville is still dry.

It comes and goes. Walker Springs Wal-Mart has some every now and then. They've restricted purchases to 6 boxes per customer and that's allowing people to get what they need to go out and shoot. I approve of that idea. I've talked to the sales people in sporting goods and they're telling me prior to the purchase restriction people have been mass purchasing ammo. It doesn't take a genius to figure out this stuff is then showing up on gunbroker and at gun shows at inflated prices.

Not that I have anything against making a buck however I appreciate that Wally did something for us recreational shooters so that we can have a "chance" at getting something to go to the range with.

Guest tnvolfan

I agree with the Wal-Mart policy, too. Some stores had already put the limit at 2 boxes, total, but went back with the six. I would be in favor of a 2 box limit of any caliber, total purchase no more than 6 boxes. I just hope they don't get fed up with all of this and quit handling the stuff. They clearly have the best prices anywhere.

OK....you guys aren't gonna believe this but...

I was at the Wal-Mart in Mussel Shoals, AL this weekend. They had 1000+ rounds of 9mm on the shelf, probably as much .45. Double that of Federal .223.

I nearly passed out

OK....you guys aren't gonna believe this but...

I was at the Wal-Mart in Mussel Shoals, AL this weekend. They had 1000+ rounds of 9mm on the shelf, probably as much .45. Double that of Federal .223.

I nearly passed out

You know I keep hearing that Walmart it other states aren't that dry like the walmarts in Tennessee. I know in California they usually have stuff on the shelf. Maybe we know something they don't know.

You know I keep hearing that Walmart it other states aren't that dry like the walmarts in Tennessee. I know in California they usually have stuff on the shelf. Maybe we know something they don't know.

Or....maybe they know something we don't....the ammo thing as a whole is very frustrating....:hat:

I dunno...other forums have pretty much the same lament for most all the states.

But to add to it, TN is "the patron state of shootin' stuff".

- OS

Just got back from the Hendersonville/Indian Lakes Walmart. Guy there said a truck load of 9mm had arrived (+150boxes). SHould be available after 11pm tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Also, there was several boxes of WWB 50rnd .40S&W and 2-3 boxes of 100rnd.

East town (Knoxville) wal-mart had at least 15 boxes of 9mm when my wife went by. Since we were able to get 3 boxes the other day, she only picked up 4 since we had gotten 3 the other day. Got enough now for me and my wife to practice with before we do the HCP class & test next week.

Matthew

Guest cowboy20th

Whats going on with wallmart? I have seen ammo at almost EVERY wallmart I have gone to in the past two weeks. Hendersonville, Old Hickory, and both of them in Murfreesboro. I even seen the 100rd box of WWB in murfreesboro, I thought they were just urban legend I hadn't seen them so long!

Hopefully this is a good sign, I don't know alot about wallmart's merchandise ordering, but i would imagine they have some buying power with the ammo manufactures. I would bet the manufactures are trying to catch up wally world first so maybe this shortage is starting to be over with.

I would bet the manufactures are trying to catch up wally world first so maybe this shortage is starting to be over with.

Well, we can only hope!! A buddy of mine spends half his time in AL (he was an only child, and now has 3 houses in AL.....his parents', his great aunt's, and his grandmother's).....He just laughs when I tell him to look for 9mm when he's in AL (he can't believe that we've got ammo issues....that's what an MBA from Vanderbilt gets from this....that we have real world issues, and that we've got to be prepared for Armageddon....). :)

Ive been looking for the Federal bulk pack .22 for months now and havent came across any yet. I hit the Springfield, White House, and Rivergate and havent been lucky. I have seen quite a bit of .40, and a little 9mm.

-Jason G

Ok, first a confession. I went to two Wal-marts while on vacation in Florida with the sole intent of looking for ammo. However, both were bone dry just like at home.

Guest oldhack62

I've asked (and the sporting goods counter person is the mother of one of my students, so I believe she told me the truth): each Wal-Mart store doesn't know what's arriving until the truck comes in, ammo-wise. If there's ammo on it, there'll be ammo behind the counter! If not, well...

I bought some 9mm Remington last week, and a $35 box of JHP Remington .380acp last month. Today, nothing.

It's a hit-and-miss thing.

Guest smittyb

Looks like 9m is starting to show up pretty reguarly around here, at least the Blazer Brass. Now getting there before someone hoards it all....