Colt Tactical Rimfire AR rifles....."Tactical Bunny Slayers"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.

Well, Joe, I'm thinking on asking for one as a gift, and would like your opinion of them beforehand, and I would also like to ask-- Is takedown similar to an AR, or at least is it simple?

Looking at it, I ASSUME that it's a near perfect rimfire replica with the same uses for all the parts (charging handle, etc)

I havent been able to disassemble one yet.

We have been pretty busy, and I doubt I will have time to play with them much until late next week.

Overall fit, finish, feel is very good and they should sell well.

(I hope so, since I have another 15 inbound next week!)

Picked one up and fondled it today while I was there. It is interesting, I was thinking about getting one for the wife to ease her into the AR-15 style rifle. It feels as heavy as a standard 6920 so I am sure there is zero recoil on this rifle.

Guest c.a.s.

Hey Joe, what do you suppose mags will run for them? Reading other forums and people who went to SHOT, they are not compatible with Black Dog magazines.

Guest c.a.s.

$35 for a 30-rounder aint that bad, when I compare to to the $30 for 10-round mags for the Armscor M1600 I have now.

Colt/Walther could have increased their rifle sales by making the units compatible with other .22LR AR magazines, even if they would have to give up being the ONLY seller for the mags. They could possibly license them out, but that would require enough people wanting them to do that.

Jeff I think you would be doing things bassakwards if you planned on putting a .223 upper on it later...better just to go the standard route if thats your goal.

Not my plan ... Just curious. The cost of these is around what you build a dedicated .22 ar for.

My wife got one of these today. She got the M4 Ops version. It's nice. It is not a conversion using the standard AR lower. The bolt catch lever does not function. It has an internal bolt catch. The forward assist plunger also does not function. Real simple to use. I'd bet a caveman could use it. Hope to go shoot it tomorrow.

I'd post a picture if I could figure out how.

Guest c.a.s.

Motasyco, do you have an image hosting account somewhere? I always reccomend photobucket.com as a good one. Register there, upload your pictures to the album, and once they are uploaded, you can copy-paste a code that they give you, when you look at the image's page. It's in the lower-left for me.

No external bolt release?