Police vs EMS

Guest Traumaslave

What are the thoughts on the Cookeville stop when the LEOs killed the family dog?? I saw that video and given the ability would have fired / charged all those LEOs shown on that tape. That was a total lack of prof conduct! State and local should have paid for that!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grimel
most seem to be under the impression that LE in that area in Oklahoma should not be counting on too much support from EMS as a result of this little foray...

I don't buy this for a minute. I know quite a few EMT's. Even the jerks will go the extra mile to save a life. They might cause a bit of extra pain with the IV stick :) forget a little pain med, but, the officers will still be getting the best life saving care available.

I don't buy this for a minute. I know quite a few EMT's. Even the jerks will go the extra mile to save a life. They might cause a bit of extra pain with the IV stick :popcorn: forget a little pain med, but, the officers will still be getting the best life saving care available.

My thoughts too. It's sometimes the last person you think would come to your rescue that is the first on the scene.

I get out of cops way when they come up behind me with their blues on, but a fire truck or ambulance, I'll put it in the ditch to get out of their way.

When I worked traffic I was usually there before the ambulance. I have helped people that were trapped and stopped the bleeding of some that would have died by the time the ambulance got there.

For that reason I quickly get out of the way of a Cop the same way I would for Fire or EMS. Cops are first responders and they may save a life if they get there in time. Or they may be the first face you see when you need help.

When I worked traffic I was usually there before the ambulance. I have helped people that were trapped and stopped the bleeding of some that would have died by the time the ambulance got there.

For that reason I quickly get out of the way of a Cop the same way I would for Fire or EMS. Cops are first responders and they may save a life if they get there in time. Or they may be the first face you see when you need help.

Well said. :popcorn:

And, some Cops are also EMT's! :popcorn:

I get out of their way also, that's not what I was saying. I was just saying I've put a van in the ditch gettign out of the way of a ambulance. I do understand a cop is a first responder. I guess I've never been in the situation of a 2 lane road in a traffic jam and a cop come up behind me. I would have probally done the same thing with a cop. I just have not been put there yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest slothful1

I first became aware of this incident a little while ago browsing a news site... they had a video of the cop's lawyer defending his actions. He was citing law after law and talking about how "Mr. White" (the paramedic) was disobeying lawful orders, etc. So I was inclined to favor the LEO after seeing that account.

Then I saw the dash cam video. It's obvious that the Trooper was angry and belligerent before he even got out of his car... White was the calm one, trying to de-escalate the situation, talking in an even voice while the LEO screamed, etc., informing him that they were transporting a patient, etc.

By the way, I am really surprised this thread isn't closed already.