An open letter to the folks on this board....

Guest HexHead

Guest HexHead

Now that the "clean" bill has passed, and will become law effective July 14th, I want to take this opportunity to apologize to many members here.

I won't name names, because I can't remember all the feathers I may have ruffled, but you know who you are.

Yeah, I was willing to compromise and accept half a loaf to ensure we got a restaurant carry bill. I questioned the wisdom of those of you that insisted on a clean bill, saying it was a "bill too far" and that we could just as easily end up with nothing.

Nothing makes me happier than to admit I was wrong and to thank you guys for standing up for your principles. Especially since I'll get to benefit from your actions. Well, except for those nights I'm in bed at 10pm. :cool:

Thanks again guys and I hope you'll all accept my apology for doubting you.

Hex

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SomeGuy

Hex,

I was one of those who was pretty strident in criticizing you, but I will be the first to congratulate you. You said you would do this, and you followed your word, secondly, few people can publicly admit to being wrong.

I don't drink, so I can't take you out for one, but if you are in my neck of the woods we can hit the range together bud.

Looking forward, what happened in the past is the past. From here on in we should always push the limit and go for broke. We have the votes, we just need to use our will to push them!

ruffling feathers is always needed at some time or another. that is what fires up debates, and that is why internet forums were created. you can get as mad as you want but in the end, we all go to bed at home.

this law has been coming for many many years, and i hope that Naifeh and Bredesen are haunted by this for years to come. i could tell by watching Naifeh yesterday he was mad as hell he was no longer in a position to kill this bill again.

the HCP holders of Tennessee will prove those 2 cock clowns wrong, just as we always have each and every day.

Guest jmac

Classy post Hex. I was fine with the curfew and age-restricted venue, but the principled folks on this board aimed higher. +1 to them, and the majority of our legislators as well. :cool:

Guest Arko
Now that the "clean" bill has passed, and will become law effective July 14th, I want to take this opportunity to apologize to many members here.

I won't name names, because I can't remember all the feathers I may have ruffled, but you know who you are.

Yeah, I was willing to compromise and accept half a loaf to ensure we got a restaurant carry bill. I questioned the wisdom of those of you that insisted on a clean bill, saying it was a "bill too far" and that we could just as easily end up with nothing.

Nothing makes me happier than to admit I was wrong and to thank you guys for standing up for your principles. Especially since I'll get to benefit from your actions. Well, except for those nights I'm in bed at 10pm. :cool:

Hex

Classy man. Nicely done. We're all on the same team.

Guest kdpate
I certainly respect your post and never felt you ruffled my feathers although I will admit I did enjoy watching the jousting.

x2...:lol:

Guest db99wj

Delayed response on my part here. It's the selenium.

Anyway, classy post, and no ill wills on my part. I mentioned in a post somewhere in the interweb TGO world that you are keeping us from being overconfident. That's a good thing. I think you kept a lot people in the game instead of walking away thinking it was a done deal. Because in life, it ain't done until the fat lady is singing! Can you hear her! Glorious singing!

Hate to be the downer, but I don't see it as a "clean" win, when biz can post to prevent it.

I don't think most other states that allow "bar carry" have that provision?

But still a great win, don't get me wrong. Just not a "total win" as some claim.

- OS

Guest gunslinger707

Nothing makes me happier than to admit I was wrong and to thank you guys for standing up for your principles. Especially since I'll get to benefit from your actions. Well, except for those nights I'm in bed at 10pm. :)

Hex

Well done Hex "you da man" !!!:lol::up:

Hate to be the downer, but I don't see it as a "clean" win, when biz can post to prevent it.

But still a great win, don't get me wrong. Just not a "total win" as some claim.

- OS

I get what you are saying, but is just as "clean" as any other place in the state.

Remember all property owner's (including cities and counties) can post property under their control. So this no different.

I know there are states were a sign does not carry the weight of law, but I'm not aware of any state that allows posting, but prohibits and certain group of private property owners from being able to post.

I get what you are saying, but is just as "clean" as any other place in the state.

Remember all property owner's (including cities and counties) can post property under their control. So this no different....

Good point...of course you're right in that. It was too much to hope that the posting option would be removed like in some other states, where posting has no legal meaning.

- OS

Guest db99wj
Good point...of course you're right in that. It was too much to hope that the posting option would be removed like in some other states, where posting has no legal meaning.

- OS

Taking away the sign thing would be a complete rewrite of the way the original HCP laws are written.

That would be great though.

- OS

Maybe some day.......

At least I feel there is hope for almost anything after today....:lol:

• Administrator

- OS

Kentucky doesn't allow anyone to post a prohibited carry sign and restaurant carry has been legal since CCW permits started being issued.

It sucks to admit it, but Kentucky's way ahead of Tenenssee in terms of firearms law.

Nothing makes me happier than to admit I was wrong and to thank you guys for standing up for your principles. Especially since I'll get to benefit from your actions. Well, except for those nights I'm in bed at 10pm. :rolleyes:

Hex

Classy, Hex. You must be a former Marine.