July 14, 2009 *KNOXVILLE AREA* Restaurant Meet Thread

• Administrator

Use this thread to decide on a place to meet in the Knoxville Area on July 14th to enjoy dining with friends and firearms. Once a venue and time are chosen, I'll update this first post in the thread to list that information. :meh:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnvolfan

I think it's a great idea! A wonderful way to get to know other "like minded" individuals, and also the faces behind the names! Truly looking forward to it!

I'm in, and I vote Ruby Tuesday's (doesn't matter which). They've got local roots, and their corporate office has already issued a statement saying they have no intention of posting at any of their restaurants.

July 14 is a Tuesday. Would have to be 7 pm-ish for me to make it.

But I would like to do it. I will polish up my gun so it looks nice at dinner.

Ruby Tuesday sounds fine. Is there one centrally located?

July 14 is a Tuesday. Would have to be 7 pm-ish for me to make it.

But I would like to do it. I will polish up my gun so it looks nice at dinner.

Ruby Tuesday sounds fine. Is there one centrally located?

The "Bearden" one across from Kroger shut down.

- OS

It's too bad Calhoun's is going to POST. I used to work there at the Lenoir City chain under the manager there "Mike". I lived in Knoxville for 20 years and graduated college from U.T. I wonder if he even knows that I am the woman who lost her husband to a wack-a-doodle gunman and I support restaurant carry. He probably has no idea. It's been awhile since I was back there.

Hooters?

On Kingston Pike is an excellent choice, for many reasons :eek:, but mainly because it was the sight of a shooting a couple of years ago in which a patron was gunned down and it's very convenient to me :lol:.

Guest bkelm18
On Kingston Pike is an excellent choice, for many reasons :P, but mainly because it was the sight of a shooting a couple of years ago in which a patron was gunned down and it's very convenient to me :eek:.

It's also convenient to my eyes. :lol:

Guest Bluemax

Guys,

This is a special occasion, count me in wherever we decide, but as a special occasion...what about Ye Olde..then we invite Nikki as our guest and buy her the best steak she has ever had. I think she deserves that and much more for her sacrifices and contributions. Surely someone on the board has contacts in the hospitality industry and we might even pitch in and get her a nice place to stay the night if she were so minded. Not to mention what a positive news story this would make for Ben's cause. Any thoughts??

Bluemax has one hell of an idea.

I leave it to Nikki to decide. Of course assuming you wish and can join us.

Either Hooters on Kingston Pike for the reason Garufa mentioned. Or Ye Olde Steakhouse on Chapman. I have heard ye Olde has bodacious food.

I am real flexible (as long as it is 7 pm-ish) so anywhere is fine with me.

Nikki, no pressure. If you can't join just speak up. If you can join I am sure we all would be proud to have you at our table.

Anyway, plenty of time to sort it out.

Personally as long as one of Chase's restaurants does not post legally I am good with that.

Guest Swamprunner

I'm fer the steakhouse. Haven't been back since the place burned down. Of course Hooter's would be kind of ironic. I agree, Nikki's pick.:D