IWB holster choice CrossBreed or DM Bullard?

Guest sharpshooter01

Guest sharpshooter01

I need some help choosing a IWB holster. It is either going to be a CrossBreed SuperTuck or a DM Bullard dual carry. Does anyone have any opinion on these? I have heard great things about the SuperTuck but not much on the dual carry. I have a CrossBreed SnapSlide and like it, but I want a IWB for summertime carry.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ya know, one is leather/kydex and one is all leather, so that's a first major decision right there.

I'm all leather guy myself, except for a pocket holster for a Kahr, in which case the thinner the better.

Certainly, I like David Bullard's stuff, I have 3 Dual Carries and one BodyGuard.

I really like the idea of belt loops though, and his holsters just aren't designed for those. He has an add on option, but they are too bulky for my taste.

Anyway, I've been very very pleased with daily carry with XD SC and Dual Carry for going on about 10 months now.

But I also admit I have a TT Gunleather IWB on order, just to try out another style (with belt loops).

But obviously the Crossbreed will serve you well also; it and the MTAC probably have between them 25% of the entire IWB holster market!

- OS

I am a big fan of the crossbreed. I have one for my glocks (19 and 26) and for my 1911's. The one nice thing about the crossbreed is it comes with instructions on how to remold it if you don't like the retention (and they will also do it for free if you like as part of the lifetime warranty).

On OhShoot's indirect recommendation (he really liked his), I bought a DM Bullard Dual Carry for my H&K P30. It took 5 weeks from ordering to arrive, which isn't bad for a left handed holster for a gun that isn't too common yet. Not rare, but I haven't seen a lot of holster options.

Break in on my Dual Carry was a job, but I've never owned a good holster to compare it to. For the first few days, it was like having a solid piece of plywood under my belt. Likewise, it took some tinkering for me to find the best body position for me to wear it in. Once I got over the learning curve, and it got broken in a bit, I love it. One nice thing about the Dual Carry is that the supplied clips are designed to go between your belt and your pants.

I'm very happy with mine.

...One nice thing about the Dual Carry is that the supplied clips are designed to go between your belt and your pants....

I don't get that comment? ...

The standard metal clips are designed to clip directly ONTO belt, hence the bottom knurls on them, to keep it from coming loose off the belt when you draw. I guess you can just clip to pants, but they are designed for belts up to 1 3/4" wide.

- OS

I don't get that comment? ...

The standard metal clips are designed to clip directly ONTO belt, hence the bottom knurls on them, to keep it from coming loose off the belt when you draw. I guess you can just clip to pants, but they are designed for belts up to 1 3/4" wide.

- OS

Say what? I don't know why, but for some reason I thought they were meant to go under the belt. Could've sworn I read that somewhere, but I've been wrong before. In that case, I've been doing it wrong for a while now, and the holster still fits great. How can you argue with results like that? :hat:

Say what? I don't know why, but for some reason I thought they were meant to go under the belt. Could've sworn I read that somewhere, but I've been wrong before. In that case, I've been doing it wrong for a while now, and the holster still fits great. How can you argue with results like that? :hat:

Whatever works for you, works for me. :P

He does sell "J Hooks" option which DOES go behind the belt and over the pants with belt riding on the bottom curl, maybe you got those?

J%20Hooks%20006.JPG

Here are the standard hooks, that attach TO the belt:

033.JPG

- OS

Guest sharpshooter01

Well I ordered the CrossBreed SuperTuck Sunday evening, hopefully it will be here in time to carry on my camping trip next weekend.

I have a Supertuck for my S&W 910 and after a week or so of adjusting the angle, location, getting a better belt, and breaking it in I love it. In fact I asked on here a while back if anyone ever forgot they had a iwb on, and now I have to say I think I could.

Glenn

I have a Supertuck for my S&W 910 and after a week or so of adjusting the angle, location, getting a better belt, and breaking it in I love it. In fact I asked on here a while back if anyone ever forgot they had a iwb on, and now I have to say I think I could.

Glenn

2nd that ..i love mine for my HK45

Guest sharpshooter01

Talk about fast, I ordered Sunday about 9:30 PM and it was waiting in my mail box today. I tore the package open and put it on, I don't even have it broken in or know where my "sweet spot" is yet but it is comfy. One of my best purchases in a while, thumbs up to CrossBreed for a job well done!!!