Sarah Palin plans to resign as governor of Alaska

Guest Jcochran88

I am not sure about her. She seems to be great one minute and flaky the next. don't think she will run in '12 but if she does I don't believe she can win.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnvolfan

You cannot forge a political future by quitting the jobs that get you there. The Dems will have a heyday with this one, and I can't say how disappointed I am by it. She did say she had some family considerations, and I am wondering if her "special needs" son is beginning to require more of her time than she can manage otherwise. I'm sure her husband has been a great dad for their kids, but as a mom, I can tell you it's incredibly hard to try to manage your family, your job, and any kind of special career like she's done. Add a special needs child on top of it, and wow, it would be the straw to break the camel's back. You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and feel like you're NOT cheating your family with your other demands. I'm frankly amazed at how well she' s done thus far, but I can't help but think there are family issues here that she's not speaking about, which of course, is no one's business but hers. Our country really needs politicians like Sarah Palin. She is kind of like a young American Margaret Thatcher. Maybe things will work out for her in the future.

Guest mikedwood
Palin who?

Wasn't that the girl in that p0n movie? :D

If you are going to make a statement like that you must name the movie :D

Guest TurboniumOxide
I think they dug enough to where they finally found something .... we shall see soon enough.

It would have to be worse that shorting coke and smoking pot.

The left has shown its hand in that it is indeed afraid of Palin. We know how dirty they are, and every fight is a dirty fight. This stinks of that.

Personally I think she is one of "us" and is doing a controlled defensive retreat from a hot zone. Once a new base is established and defended maybe we will hear more. I am for one paying very close attention, now.

You cannot forge a political future by quitting the jobs that get you there. The Dems will have a heyday with this one, and I can't say how disappointed I am by it. She did say she had some family considerations, and I am wondering if her "special needs" son is beginning to require more of her time than she can manage otherwise. I'm sure her husband has been a great dad for their kids, but as a mom, I can tell you it's incredibly hard to try to manage your family, your job, and any kind of special career like she's done. Add a special needs child on top of it, and wow, it would be the straw to break the camel's back. You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and feel like you're NOT cheating your family with your other demands. I'm frankly amazed at how well she' s done thus far, but I can't help but think there are family issues here that she's not speaking about, which of course, is no one's business but hers. Our country really needs politicians like Sarah Palin. She is kind of like a young American Margaret Thatcher. Maybe things will work out for her in the future.

Only much, much, much hotter. Seriously. Much. :D

Only much, much, much hotter. Seriously. Much. :D

I was thinking the same thing!

Seriously though, I think she was the epitome of what every conservative whines about wanting in a politician and then throws under the bus when they aren't 100% in alignment with their personal thinking. I'm also amazed how much liberal propaganda has permeated these same minds. Show me one "controversy" she was accused of that bore fruit? Yet I keep hearing in this thread alone how they must have gotten something. If they didn't get it yet maybe it isn't there.;) This is the thing that aggravates me to no end with conservatives.:screwy:

+1, Smith.

Maybe she stepped down because of the $500,000 + in legal fees that she has had to dish out this year to defend herself against frivolous 'ethics' suits? A quirk of Alaskan law makes her a target for any (many) liberal morons, and she can do nothing to prevent them from taking cheap shots (I think something like 15 'ethics violation' complaints since McCain picked her as his running mate).

Maybe, as her salary is 125K/yr, she's figured out that this is a losing game for her, wastes her time, weakens her ability to do her job, and is costing her and Alaska more than it's worth to stay to the end of her term?

Really, guys, the media (who are ever so fair and impartial) set her up, take her down, give her hell on a daily basis for months, cherrypick and edit her responses, create an artificial image that they manipulate like a puppet. They do these things because she scares hell out of 'em. Fine - we know by now they are the enemy. You're letting them accomplish what they set out for at the start, though, if you buy off on their BS.

Yeah, I think the media with all their "digging" found out something - they found they can destroy reputations with rumors, destroy someones' finances with innuendo, and control a large percentage of the vote with whispers and lies. Because we let them do it.

Palin's legal fees exceed $500,000 - Juneau Empire

all is probably not lost for her.

In 1962 Nixon after losing to Kennedy and basically quitting politics announced "you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore"

In 1968 he became president.

Not sure he ever stopped getting kicked.

Anyway if Nixon could come back maybe she can too. Dunno?

Guest mustangdave

I think ya'll need to do a little HISTORY here...not on Gov. Palin, but on Republican politics...what happened to a certain VP from the 50's? He got trounced TWICE...first by Kennedy and then by Pat Brown in the CA governors race. The PRESS was ALL over him...so much so that in remarks to the press after the California defeat he stated, "you won't have Dick NIXON to kick around anymore." Well Nixon fell off the radar for a few years but then immerged in 67-68 and WON the Presidency. Think maybe...just maybe Gov'nah Palin is taking a chapter from Tricky Dick's playbook?

Mike...just added some specifics to you post. MD

Edited by mustangdave
mike beat me to it...but
all is probably not lost for her.

In 1962 Nixon after losing to Kennedy and basically quitting politics announced "you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore"

In 1968 he became president.

Not sure he ever stopped getting kicked.

Anyway if Nixon could come back maybe she can too. Dunno?

No matter what you may think of Dick, he had a lot more going for him than Palin does. For one thing he was one the northeastern Republicans. Had the connections to come back. This is the group that helped bring down Palin.

Nixon was a freaking crook. He should have done time behind bars. But being the president gets you off the hook.

Palin is not a crook that I am aware of. I do not see her being a factor the next time around.

I don't see any way this can be spun in a positive way. Hell, without thinking hard about it I can already write the Democratic ad copy for 2012

Some grave-voiced political ad guy going "Sarah Palin abandoned the state of Alaska midway through her first term of office. And now she expects us to believe that she has what it takes to lead the country? America doesn't need quitters; America doesn't need Sarah Palin"

Whatever her reasons might be, she's done. Stick a fork in her.

Guest mustangdave
No matter what you may think of Dick, he had a lot more going for him than Palin does. For one thing he was one the northeastern Republicans. Had the connections to come back. This is the group that helped bring down Palin.

Thread drift..just a bit...WRONG-O...NIXON was a CALIFORNIA REPUBLICAN...served in the CA legislature in then went to Washington...hooked up with McCarthy...and then got the VP nod with Ike

Thread drift..just a bit...WRONG-O...NIXON was a CALIFORNIA REPUBLICAN...served in the CA legislature in then went to Washington...hooked up with McCarthy...and then got the VP nod with Ike

I was just pointing out Tricky Dick was in bed with the party elite. I don't thank Palin enjoys the same.

I was just pointing out Tricky Dick was in bed with the party elite. I don't thank Palin enjoys the same.

I think the R. party shed her like a wet blanket after all the spending sprees during the campaign.

Reagan was a Cali Republican. Governor even. Is there a difference?

I think the R. party shed her like a wet blanket after all the spending sprees during the campaign.

???

How much did Michelle Obama spend on her wardrobe, and nary a question was asked? How much have the Obamas spent on "date nights" to New York and "field trips" to Europe...and nary an eyelash was batted?

...sauce for the goose.... OMO, YMMV. :tough:

Edited by Falcon1
Guest mustangdave
Reagan was a Cali Republican. Governor even. Is there a difference?

Reagan was a life long DEMOCRAT before that party took a SHARP LEFT turn...but there is no comparing Nixon and Reagan...IMHO

Reagan was a life long DEMOCRAT before that party took a SHARP LEFT turn...but there is no comparing Nixon and Reagan...IMHO

Reagan was a true conservative, Nixon was not. I think this is Palns problem with the Republicans. She has no problem telling it the way she sees it. She is a conservative. I think the upper crust of the Republican party is afraid she would have moved the party back to the right. They don't want that. Look at the fun they had spending the first six years of GWs term.

• 2 weeks later...
Reagan was a true conservative, Nixon was not. I think this is Palns problem with the Republicans. She has no problem telling it the way she sees it. She is a conservative. I think the upper crust of the Republican party is afraid she would have moved the party back to the right. They don't want that. Look at the fun they had spending the first six years of GWs term.

I think this is a great truth. The real people in the Republican party are going to have to take it back again, or the party will just morph into the Demorat party. The Republican party "intelligencia" and "elites" are the main reason why they lost this last election. Republicans better move back to the principles of individual liberty, capitalism, limited government, ect, ect; or they will loose again.

Food for thought.

LEROY