Just got back from the Chancery Court Hearing... details inside

David, How did AG Cooper do in handling their assertions? Did he appear to be on our side?

I'm not David...but I was there. :confused:

Cooper himself was not there, it was someone else from his office.

To be honest, he didn't speak as well as some of the other, but also the plaintiffs did sort of change their whole argument in mid-stream.

He did ok with what was the primary objective of the injunction. As far as the constitutionality on whether it is too vague or not...hopefully they will have a good argument prepared in 90 days.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlockRule

The local 9PM Fox News channel had good coverage of the events today...made our side look good. Will have to see how the 10PM outlets portray the issue.

Just the fact that the simple act of posting gives them relief from all the things they are suing over removes their standing. Whether they actually do post or not. ...

I agree. Most, possibly all, of their "concerns" magically go away if they would just shut up and post their businesses. I wish that the court had just clearly stated that today and been done with them.

I agree. Most, possibly all, of their "concerns" magically go away if they would just shut up and post their businesses. I wish that the court had just clearly stated that today and been done with them.

That would have been nice if the court would have just ruled against them on the constitutional argument. On the other hand, I wonder if that would have allowed the anti's to file an appeal first thing in the morning. I think the time is on our side. Just a thought...

Guest Doc44

I think that some of these "restaurant" owners are going to find out that they are actually BAR owners. That puts a fly in their beer.

Doc44

Guest benchpresspower

So I'm guessing that this hearing will allow argument from both sides. The NRA hopefully won't hang us out to dry on this one.

Guest PapaB

The next 90 days will give us a chance to prove our point and disprove the fears of the anti's.

A suggestion is, for the next 90 days, save your receipts each time you eat where alcohol is served. When there are no incidents, the opposition may try to claim that HCP holders didn't eat where alcohol is served very often, just to avoid incidents. Having receipts from everyone would knock down that argument quickly.

No need for thanks here. Daniel did most of the reportin' on his iPhone and Twitter. He also had to resist being recruited by other organizations. :D

I meant your reportin' here in this thread of your observations. S'all good.

Thanks also to the twit,... er, I mean, tweeter, uh... that other guy who used twitter to tweet (it's all so confusing)...

:D