Nationwide Reciprocity?

Guest drc767
I find this suspect: Senate Rejects Controversial Concealed Weapons Measure - Political News - FOXNews.com

"Concealed handgun permit holders killed at least seven police officers and 44 private citizens during a two-year period ending in April, according to a study by the Violence Policy Center."

If one tracks such things, wouldn't it be a definitive statement rather than to say "...at least...."?

Only problem is they got those figures from a BS study by the VPC....the link attached explains it all. The data is skewed in order to support their agenda.

Lies, damn lies, and VPC statistics

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Violence Policy Center, a gun control advocacy group, released a study this week finding that concealed handgun permit holders killed at least seven police officers and 44 private citizens during the two-year period ending in April.

"The hard facts are that concealed handgun permit holders do not prevent mass shootings, they perpetrate them," said Kristen Rand, the center's legislative director.

Where is my pepto?

Guest canynracer
You guys might think I'm nuts but I am happy it didn't pass. I don't want federal involvement in handgun carry laws. I don't think Thune ever really thought it would pass. I think it was a political move to get the Democrats to go on the record voting FOR states rights. If that is the case, it was a brilliant move.

+2:cool:

Guest bkelm18
So you don't want the Feds telling the states to respect our 2d amendment rights? I don't understand your logic there because that IS the Feds job according to the Constitution. The law wasn't going to change everything to be perfect on gun carry, but it was a step in the right direction.

Matthew

Do you honestly want the federal government anywhere near our carry laws? If you say yes to that then you should seriously reconsider your political values. That's like allowing the cookie monster to stick his foot in the door of the cookie factory. It only goes downhill from there.

Of course this is all moot now, but I too at first thought this wasn't a good thing...but it's not as bad as others.

All it was saying that if a state issues a carry permit, they must recognize another state's carry permit.

It specifically said that it would not effect how permits are issued or any other elements of permits or laws within a state.

I admit other attempts seemed to be opening the door to federal standards of handgun carry, but it seems this one was specifically trying not to do that.

Now the news is making it sound like a state permit is not good outside of the state is issued. I think most LEOs in other states know better, I doubt many of the sheeple do.

As far as The Violence Policy Center report...:D been arguing with too many local idiots about park and restaurant carry.....nothing left for these fools...

Guest bkelm18
We bitch about loosing our gun rights,now we're bitching about possibly gaining one :confused:

We bitch about state's rights and now we're ok with the feds telling to states what to do. :)

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it seems like the Fed Gov't would be restricting states rights, but on the other hand it seems like the Feds would just be reinforcing the 2A no mater what state you live it. I kind of wish it would have passed.

Doesn’t matter if it gets passed. It is States Rights.

Illinois, California, and New York aren’t going to allow you to carry and they will put you in jail on state charges if you do.

Just like Tennessee can’t protect you from federal Law Enforcement; the Feds can’t protect you from state law enforcement.

<O:p</O:p

Chicago PD was going to arrest out of state cops that carried under LEOSA until Daley gave them the nod it was okay. It’s states rights.

<O:p</O:p

The SCOTUS stopped short in the Heller decision as most of us knew they would. Why? States Rights. There are states that are not going to allow you to carry.

Guest redbarron06
Whatever guys!

Just seems a but kooky to me since the 2nd comes before the 10th,and technically they wouldn't be telling anybody what to do,but you guys make excellent points :confused:

I see what you are saying but to me "shall not be infringed" means they will make no law about the subject. This would include NFA, Brady Bill, LEOSA, or carry. We should not need a permit to use our rights. I dont need a permit to pratice religion. I dont need a card issued by the state to keep from being searched without reason. 2A is my permit to carry anywhere the starts and stripes fly, but the retards on the left dont see it that way.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it seems like the Fed Gov't would be restricting states rights, but on the other hand it seems like the Feds would just be reinforcing the 2A no mater what state you live it. I kind of wish it would have passed.

States would have to recognize the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> as an individual right. Only two do, 48 don’t. Tennessee does not recognize the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment as an individual right. You can’t blame that on the Feds.

see my post above....if the individual state has "reciprocity" with TN or if the individual state "recognizes" a TN permit...you can carry....all of these "agreements" still stand no matter what the federal government says......well... for now anyway

Guest SUNTZU
I don't need the Fed telling states to accept the TN HCP. The states involved can accept one anothers permits.

All this thing was is more gov't involvement. Don't need it don't want it.

Anything without the federal .gov attached to it is a good thing. Less = more.