Kahr arms CW40, Good or bad?

THE COOP

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For $459 it should be new.

I have a CW9, the 9mm version of that gun and it's great. The trigger takes some getting used to, it's kinda long and spongey. That's the only way to describe it.

Very accurate. Easy to conceal.

Edited by Garufa

They only make that model in the stainless slide.

Yeah, triggers are looonnnggg pull.

That's sort of their safety.

But it's a smooth long pull.

Good idea to shoot one first, just so you know what to expect.

I have PM9, love it, but wanted more rounds for EDC in general.

- OS

I was under the impression they were priced high in the $800 range acording to this.

Kahr CW-Series Compact Pistol Reviews Forum and Reference Guide

When I was looking for something more concealable I considered those until I saw them. I thought the plastic ones are kinda cheesy. The all stainless ones weren’t bad, but at over $700 you are into a price range with some better options… IMO.

Guest dizzielizzie

I have the MK9 and really like it, but haven't any advice on that paticular model. I haven't had any jam issues but I've got only 250 rounds through it. I believe there are a few issues with polymer frame models in the past, but it could be either ammo issues, or the operator isn't chambering the 1st round correct (pull back slide, lock open, put in clip, release slide - this is kahr recommended.)

Ask if you can disassemble it & see how "used" it is... maybee get them to throw in a clip if they have one (that one comes from the factory with only one clip) :rolleyes:

Hope if you get it you like it & a few tgo members including myself will welcome you to the Kahr family!

I had one and hated it. I had to send it back to Kahr the first day I shot it. If I were getting a CW model I would stick with the 9mm. That was the caliber they had in mind when they made the gun, and I've heard they have fewer problems. I really liked the trigger pull, and it was accurate.

My typical Kahr response.- I carry a Kahr PM40 everyday. I have shot it with ball ammo in 165 and 180 grain and have shot hollow points in 180 grain. It has never had any problems with either. I love it. My brother carries a Kahr CW40 everyday. Same thing all ammo, ball and hollow point, without any problems. My Dad carries a Kahr PM45 everyday. Again same thing, never had a problem with any kind of ammo he has put down the pipe. I guess you could say we are "Kahr people".

-Jason G

Guest dizzielizzie

Coop, If you're still interested in the Kahr I'd grab the yellow pages and check out TGO's gun shop database & make some calls. I'd jump on the Gun Depot's price - sounds fair - but do some homework.

Guest HVAC Worker

I have run almost 800 rounds of ball and hollowpoint thru my Kahr CW45 and havent had any problems out of it yet.It carries like a breeze,I dont even feel it there and I carry everyday.I am in and out of folks houses all day long and the only ones that have noticed it is when my shirt hangs up on it.

Guest clsutton21
Seen this today used at the hunting store, stainless steel and priced at $459. What do you all think of this gun? Thanks!!! COOP

0731091517.jpg

You can get a used Glock for about $50 more.

Guest canynracer

that price is high...very high, unless it is brand new and out the door @459.00

I have a CW40, I loved it...got a little discouraged recently though..after 1500 rounds, my extractor went flying downrange...shooting Winchester white box.

so, it will go back to Kahr, and they will take care of it..just creeped me out..LOL...but I still love the concealability of the gun!

Guest onefastgun45

They're great! Very compact light and accurate. Just upgraded to an XD 40 SC and will be sellng mine if you know anyone looking for a CW40 around knoxville I've got one for 400.

• 3 weeks later...

With 98/100 rounds I had to pull back on the slide to complete the re-load! I emailed Kahr yesterday and haven't heard a thing yet. I've never had a problem like this with 4 other guns including my Bersa (which shoots like a charm).

This will be the last Kahr I ever buy unless they are quick to respond to my request...which they haven't been so far. Any suggestions?

With 98/100 rounds I had to pull back on the slide to complete the re-load! I emailed Kahr yesterday and haven't heard a thing yet. I've never had a problem like this with 4 other guns including my Bersa (which shoots like a charm).

This will be the last Kahr I ever buy unless they are quick to respond to my request...which they haven't been so far. Any suggestions?

You could try shooting it enough to break it in :D

Guest YANKEE2500

I bought a PM40 a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy and impressed with it. Shoots great, very accurate for a small gun, and is very easy to carry and conceal.

John

You could try shooting it enough to break it in :down:

Yeah, I'd field strip, clean and lube and get another 100 through it before I called Kahr.

They really want you to have 200 through one of their guns before they'll give much credence to a problem.

Make sure rails are lubed ... Kahrs like to run "wettish", especially until broken in.

- OS