Any Glock Armorer's Local?

Guest momuzyk

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

You can clean everything that routinely needs cleaning on a Glock by just removing the slide, removing the guide-rod / recoil spring, barrel and spraying the frame bits out with nonchlorinated brake cleaner or Gun Scrubber and scrubbing the bore with a copper bore brush and your choice of bore cleaner solvent. Completely disassembling the frame is not necessary for routine maintenance.

Guest momuzyk

Yes I've read detail stripping in not need, just field stripping for regular routine maint but since I just got it I wanted to field strip it first is all.

Thanks,

I'm a Glock Armorer. I would be happy to help you out... There are some misconceptions on lubrication, etc... If you have any questions let me know.

Mick

Really?? I've never heard of any misconceptions on lubrication....care to enlighten me?? Seriously, I always thought it was pretty simple as far as the lubing process was concerned. Everything I've read gave the same lube points, the only difference was what the person decided to use to lube as each has their own "wonder" lube they love....:clap:

I'm asking since I own 2 Glocks and have NEVER had any type of issue out of either of them using Glock products. Both have been reliable and with 1000's of rounds out of my G19, it hardly shows any wear. My G26 is seriously behind on the number of rounds through it but once again, it still looks pristine inside and out..........just want to make sure I get the longest use out of em'.....so if you have some seceret info, share it us please.....:woohoo:

Guest hickok

I'd been asked to do this several times, so I just posted a couple of Glock cleaning videos on my YouTube channel. They might or might not help you, as I'm sure others do it differently; however, this method has worked for me since the '80's.

You guys clean your Glocks? :rolleyes: I detail stripped my G19 for the first time after 14 years of owning and was impressed by how little gunk had collected in a couple places. I googled several videos and went step by step. BUT I bought my glock new. An Armorer will know exactly what to look for if someone has ran unsafe reloads or corrosive ammo through it. They should also know if it needs any factory "upgrades"/ recalls, but don't quote me on that.