Nashville is on Gangland now

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06

Well then I guess that sums it up for me. I have seen them do shows on every city I have ever lived in. Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta (they could have done a dozen in ATL) and now Nashville.

I will give the show credit though. Without that I would not have realized I was driving by the local OUTLAWS Motorcycle Clubs local clubhouse every day on the way to and from work. I look down a side street and there it is a big "piston charlie" on the side if the building.

I DVR the show so I guess I will watch it tomorrow. Got to get up at 0430 for PT.

I thought it was pretty good. I never really thought about the gang presence in Nashville on such a large scale until now.

They made a point of mentioning Tennessee's "lax" gun laws. There was a gang member talking about how easy it is to buy guns, or get them in robberies. He made the statement that "white people have guns, especially old white people."

Guest 3pugguy
The History Channel show called Gangland is doing a show on the Brown Pride gang in Nashville. Came on at 8:00 PM.

Wonderful...of course, Clarksville has places that a smart person avoids after dark and there have even been comments to that effect in the paper and the LEOs confirming it. I am not an advocate of vigilante justice, but it is beyond my understanding WHY we invade other countries, but let such BS happen here at home; we need to invade North Clarksville (and the jump off point could be Dodge's on 41A north at about 2 am on a weekend morning).

Seems to me, our GIs who need real-world, real time urban warfare training should be turned loose (you know, the old cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war?).

Something tells me if gang-bangers got a taste of a firefight, US Military style, they would loose their taste for "fighting", especially since they are such Chicken s--ts with their drive-by style.

Rant off now...

Well then I guess that sums it up for me. I have seen them do shows on every city I have ever lived in. Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta (they could have done a dozen in ATL) and now Nashville.

I will give the show credit though. Without that I would not have realized I was driving by the local OUTLAWS Motorcycle Clubs local clubhouse every day on the way to and from work. I look down a side street and there it is a big "piston charlie" on the side if the building.

I DVR the show so I guess I will watch it tomorrow. Got to get up at 0430 for PT.

Where is the clubhouse located?

Guest 3pugguy

Ditto...when I moved home to TN from San Diego, I knew the "bigger cities" had issues, then found out Clarksville has pockets of the same, if not worse, issue.

Coach Ross was shot by a low-life while working the family fireworks tent in Walmart's parking lot.

And people wonder why citizens should be legally armed? LEOs cannot be everywhere, especially in times of budget cuts and manpower shortages.

Well, if you work over there your military experience will come in handy. Stay sharp my friend. :woohoo:

Guest redbarron06
Well, if you work over there your military experience will come in handy. Stay sharp my friend. :stare:

I dont work over there but I pass it going and comeing. I actually live about 6 miles from there.

Guest eyebedam

I really hate I missed this. Where in Nashville were they doing the filming? I hope it comes back on soon. I've seen almost all the Ganglands. It's a great show.

Guest redbarron06
I really hate I missed this. Where in Nashville were they doing the filming? I hope it comes back on soon. I've seen almost all the Ganglands. It's a great show.

I only turned it on to show my wife the beginning and that it was in Nashville. I will watch the rest of it tonight. It looked like it was a hispanic gang. Going out on a limb here (and maybe jumping to conclusions) I would guess that at least some of it was done in Antioch.

I'm told MS13 is getting prevalent around here, but most of the cops I know (some who work the gang unit) say most of the gangs in Nashville are "wannabe" gangs. They pretty much agree it's not a serious problem like some other cities (Memphis included), but it is gettting more and more problematic.

I'm told MS13 is getting prevalent around here, but most of the cops I know (some who work the gang unit) say most of the gangs in Nashville are "wannabe" gangs. They pretty much agree it's not a serious problem like some other cities (Memphis included), but it is gettting more and more problematic.

The "wannabe" gangs are a huge problem. They run around here acting like they have something to prove.

What might happen (happens here a lot)......a "wannabe" starts trying to prove itself and another "real" gang takes notice and "patch over" (MC term) takes place, where the wannabe is taken under the wing of real gang.

A local latino gang here has done this with the Surenous gang.

this doesn`t make any sense to me...at all...if they know where the gangs are and even go film over there, why don`t cop`s take care of that problem...please don`t tell me they can`t do it....instead to be worried about me going to have a dinner while carrying, they should start doing their job and take care of those gang loosers....this is ridiculous..

Db

Guest redbarron06
this doesn`t make any sense to me...at all...if they know where the gangs are and even go film over there, why don`t cop`s take care of that problem...please don`t tell me they can`t do it....instead to be worried about me going to have a dinner while carrying, they should start doing their job and take care of those gang loosers....this is ridiculous..

Db

They have to have evidence that they are breaking the law to arrest them. It is not illegal to be in a gang.

Guest mustangdave

interesting thread...my Neighborhood Watch Group had a "briefing" a couple months ago from the Gang Unit over at the east precinct...there is a GANG problem in Nashville...and its not the wanna-bees at all. Its not confined to good old Antioch either, its all over...we got em all folks...MS-13...Crips...Bloods...LOD...Kurdish Brotherhood, even Asian gangs...its CRAZY...all I will say is CYA...and report any unusual activities ASAP.

Guest redbarron06
interesting thread...my Neighborhood Watch Group had a "briefing" a couple months ago from the Gang Unit over at the east precinct...there is a GANG problem in Nashville...and its not the wanna-bees at all. Its not confined to good old Antioch either, its all over...we got em all folks...MS-13...Crips...Bloods...LOD...Kurdish Brotherhood, even Asian gangs...its CRAZY...all I will say is CYA...and report any unusual activities ASAP.

Yep they are all over the place, and in some areas you would not guess them to be.