Glocks and things like kabooms, firing out of battery, etc...

TGO David

Actually, our numbers look pretty good here. We are a specialized forum. We do guns and limit ourselves to one state. That's not a recipe for huge membership.

But that focus is one reason I came here. I have other boards I read for wider issues. But I really don't care as much about the requirements for a carry permit in Iowa as I do legislative matters here in Tennessee.

And I do try to be objective. As I've said before, I'm as critical of the handguns I like as the ones I don't like. I don't think you will find many instances of me ranting on about how H&Ks are next to the second coming in wonderfulness - even if they are. :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred LE FI
Hey Fred. I've never deleted anyone's posts here. You need to get your head out of your ass.

I'm sure it was purely a coincidence that both posts diappeared less than 2 days after I called you on your tiresome, small-minded, assinine antiGlock rant.

Fred

Guest DonRickles
Fred are you sure you went to the right anti-Glock thread? There are so many maybe you went to the wrong one.

You know I was thinking the same thing. It would be easy to get lost in the sea of Glock hate! :D

Guest triggertime

I thought the truth was that Mars was exposed to so much Agent Orange back in 'nam,

that the dioxins are taking its toll on his logical thinking ability, which explains his rabid Glock hate. Just a theory...

Guest Steelharp
I don't think you will find many instances of me ranting on about how H&Ks are next to the second coming in wonderfulness - even if they are. :D

Actually, they're just Glocks with hammers, and a really bad DA pull. At least Glocks have a consistent pull... like it or hate it. :D

Guest Hyaloid
I'm sure it was purely a coincidence that both posts diappeared less than 2 days after I called you on your tiresome, small-minded, assinine antiGlock rant.

Fred

Hey, THAT'S constructive... way to debate!

Jesus dude, get over it.

All I can say, Fred, is that it wasn't me who deleted your posts. Apparently someone else found them to be less than constructive. :D

Actually I have cut down on the Glock talk lately. I can only talk about the pluses and minuses of handguns. People can either listen and understand or not. But I must confess that I can't resist jabbing people with a stick who think that whatever they have is perfect and everyone else's stuff is crap. But I don't mind getting jabbed back. I do the same thing with people whose religious view is the only correct one and want legislation to codify it.

If you like a poorly designed handgun that is more likely to injure your hand, leg or butt than my choice, go for it. I have a source for Lorcins. :D

And Steelharp, you are unfortunately correct. USPs DA sucks. When you're right, you're right. But their SA is really nice. Hardly a Glock with a hammer though. You do have the option of either DA or SA; and you can de-cock and re-cock it; and double-strike; and use overloaded ammunition; and.... :P

Thank you for mentioning it. :D

Guest Fred LE FI

I must confess that I can't resist jabbing people with a stick who think that whatever they have is perfect and everyone else's stuff is crap.

If you like a poorly designed handgun that is more likely to injure your hand, leg or butt than my choice, go for it. I have a source for Lorcins. :D

Nowhere have I stated that Glocks are perfect, nor that anyone else's guns are crap. My agency issues Sigs, I am a Sig armorer and shoot them most every day - they are good gear. I own 1911s from 2 different manufacturers, an SA XD, 2 Sigs, a Ruger P97, several Glocks, revolvers from Colt, S&W and Ruger, and a KelTec P11. I have attended almost every top school you can name multiple times and hold NRA LE Instructor certs in 4 disciplines. I train - and train with - top military operators and SWAT team members 2-3 times a year.

I happen to prefer a Glock 23 as my personal carry weapon for many purely subjective reasons. I also see Glocks in the hands of Trainers and Trainees at many of the schools I attend - men and women like myself who can afford anything they want to carry, and whose Agencys approve any number of top-tier weapons. In fact, while H&Ks and Berettas do pop up now and then, the vast majority use Glocks with Sigs coming in second.

Comparing Glocks to Lorcins? Grow up, numbnuts. As for stick poking, well, thanks for the info. To paraphrase someone else: "By all means, let the fools flaunt their foolishness - it makes it easier to know who they are".

Fred

Comparing Glocks to Lorcins? Grow up, numbnuts. As for stick poking, well, thanks for the info. To paraphrase someone else: "By all means, let the fools flaunt their foolishness - it makes it easier to know who they are".

Fred

Somehow I don't think it's Mars that needs to grow up. If you want to attack the argument or idea then more power to you. Debate is good. Personal attacks OTOH, are usually frowned upon.

I must confess that I can't resist jabbing people with a stick who think that whatever they have is perfect and everyone else's stuff is crap.

Nowhere have I stated that Glocks are perfect, nor that anyone else's guns are crap. My agency issues Sigs, I am a Sig armorer and shoot them most every day - they are good gear. I own 1911s from 2 different manufacturers, an SA XD, 2 Sigs, a Ruger P97, several Glocks, revolvers from Colt, S&W and Ruger, and a KelTec P11. I have attended almost every top school you can name multiple times and hold NRA LE Instructor certs in 4 disciplines. I train - and train with - top military operators and SWAT team members 2-3 times a year.

I happen to prefer a Glock 23 as my personal carry weapon for many purely subjective reasons. I also see Glocks in the hands of Trainers and Trainees at many of the schools I attend - men and women like myself who can afford anything they want to carry, and whose Agencys approve any number of top-tier weapons. In fact, while H&Ks and Berettas do pop up now and then, the vast majority use Glocks with Sigs coming in second.

Fred

it actually will say if your post was deleted. there will be a little edit that says "post deleted" wherever your post should have been. there used to be a guy on here that got all in a huff like you have done so quickly, he also told us how awesome he was... what was his name... oh yeah yeager, look him up, you guys would love eachother

"By all means, let the fools flaunt their foolishness - it makes it easier to know who they are".

That's very good advice. I always heard it as, "It is better to remain silent and have men think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." :D

I carried a G23 for a while probably because that's what most of the cops I know carry. Then I did a full assessment of the weapon and went to the USP 40. I've always said that the Glock is a suitable duty weapon for LE.

SIGs are also good duty weapons. They have a lot more in common with a USP than a Glock though. I've had them but with experience, prefer the H&Ks.

. I've had them but with experience, prefer the H&Ks.

Bingo!

YOU prefer the H&K. Great. Others prefer the Glock. Great. Others prefer SIG. Great.

But at the end of the day it boils down to personal preference. Nothing more. One is not inherently better than another.*

I wish we could keep this in mind. It seems the number of times people get worked up here over something stupid is increasing. And make no mistake, casting aspersions on people's choice of guns is stupid. And pointless. And all the arguments have been made already 1000+ times before here and on other fora. Next time someone wants to dismiss someone else's choice of weapon, keep it to yourself.

*Because all bottom-feeders inherently suck from design flaws when compared to the tactical efficiency of the semi-detached revolving magazine design.

Careful, Urse. MarsWolf may use his Moderator Powers to delete your posts when you disagree with him. It's astonishing to me that this can happen on a gun-related forum used and (presumably) moderated by a freedon loving group. It's now been done to me once in a discussion thread and once in the For Sale forum. I came nowhere near violating any policy. This stinks, and may be partially to blame for the low level of use this Site gets.

I thought I had found a gem here, but now I hardly ever bother to drop in.

Fred

I can't find any record of any of your posts being moderated. Might want to click on your own profile and view all of your posts, you may have simply been looking in the wrong place, or the thread you posted in might have gotten moved to another sub-forum.

One is not inherently better than another.

This is nonsense. Pure nonsense.

Debating the pluses and minuses of different guns is part of a gun board. Each gun has both pluses and minuses. "I think this gun is ugly" is an opinion. "This weapon is unsafe because..." is a conclusion that should be voiced.

Feel free to disagree with other members, including me, and explain why. But don't expect other members, including me, to shut up because they challenge your choices. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Get used to it.

This is nonsense. Pure nonsense.

Debating the pluses and minuses of different guns is part of a gun board. Each gun has both pluses and minuses. "I think this gun is ugly" is an opinion. "This weapon is unsafe because..." is a conclusion that should be voiced.

Feel free to disagree with other members, including me, and explain why. But don't expect other members, including me, to shut up because they challenge your choices. Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Get used to it.

Gun board crap.

If one design was inherently better than the others, all guns would be designed that way. Duh.

Guest Phantom6
Gun board crap.

If one design was inherently better than the others, all guns would be designed that way. Duh.

Bull *****! If that were a logical train of thought, the Ford Pinto would never have been designed and produced. No one would have ever bought a Ford Pinto. All automotive designs of the day regarding the placement of the fuel tanks were "inherently better" than that of the original Ford Pinto but Ford made 'em and sold a slew of 'em. So, in fact, when a "design is inherently better, not all [similar tools] will be designed that way". I didn't buy one of those little "Zippo-mobiles" and I didn't buy a Sig (weight issue/money issue), Glock (safety issue) or S&W M&P (Sigma on streoids :D) etc., etc.