WHERE CAN I SHOOT?? HELP, PLEASE!

BPE

Hey guys, do you know where a man can shoot a rifle - Russian SKS 7.62x39 - for fun? Oh - and trying to go shooting tonight - Thursday. Thought all along I 'd go off to Stones River but didn't realize until about 90 seconds ago that facility is only open on Friday-Sunday. That's what I get for not checking into things appropriate. It would probably also explain why I've gone to Guns and Leather at 8pm twice on Wednesday now even though I know they close at 7pm. AGH! Just looking to shoot off some rounds and get rid of the shooting fever. Thanks for any help in advance!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not near you but have you tried the outdoor range at Owl Hollow in Spring Hill?

Note: you need to be a member or a guest of a member. The membership is only $40/year for you/spouse/minor kids. Bad thing it runs the calendar year so you have to figure up how much you would go the remainder of this year.

CHMR

I heard that the Club was looking for a new range. I filled out the app once to become a member but didn't send off because they didn't have a range listed on their documentation. Do you know if this range is actually still operational and if so who I would/could contact to inquire about membering up and going out there tonight?

Guest jimdigriz
Not near you but have you tried the outdoor range at Owl Hollow in Spring Hill?

Note: you need to be a member or a guest of a member. The membership is only $40/year for you/spouse/minor kids. Bad thing it runs the calendar year so you have to figure up how much you would go the remainder of this year.

CHMR

What kind of facilities do they have there?

Don't do anything with Owl Hollow Gun Club, it is not active from what I know. The land owner runs the range now. There is a contact number for Charlie at the bottom in the web link. He is a super guy.

I first went there for the Mid TN TGO meet and shoot last month and joined a week later.

Guest abailey362

there is a guy along hwy 72 just inside of alabama who has built a nice looking setup on a tree line of some farm land. see it from the hwy but it looks to go out to 1000 and he's got a nice little cover/bench area built. wish i had the right kinda land to do that on

On the Owl Hollow Gun club website it says that membership now is $20 for a year. Is this not true?
Don't do anything with Owl Hollow Gun Club, it is not active from what I know. The land owner runs the range now. There is a contact number for Charlie at the bottom in the web link. He is a super guy.

I first went there for the Mid TN TGO meet and shoot last month and joined a week later.

If, somewhere, the OHGC is indeed active, it's no longer affiliated with the range.

Edited by 56FordGuy

Spent the afternoon at Owl Hollow, great place. Charlie came down to say hello. He even had a cooler full of ice water handy. It's a hike for me but worth it.

Got to shoot a 100 or so rounds with my new to me AR and a few with my 1911. I am not a good shot but love to make noise! Nice afternoon!

I do not know if are aware of it ,Charlie has represented the USA abroad as a part of the USA international shooting team,and his late father stil has unbeaten black powder shooting record that have stood for decades.

Danny.