How and why to get your C&R License.....

Guest 70below

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnmale46
Sorry to be a dim bulb, but how does this license get you discounts on ammo, etc?

Thanks to anyone who will educate me.

not alot of savings on ammo but Midway and Brownells give pretty good discounts on accessories and stuff
Sorry to be a dim bulb, but how does this license get you discounts on ammo, etc?

Thanks to anyone who will educate me.

Certain vendors will set you up a "Dealer" account for the discounts (though as a C&R licensee, you are NOT a dealer).

O.K. I admit I must be stupid. But on the website that this thread originally linked to his instructions said to put yor name in item 10 and nothing else if you are a U.S. citizen. And the way I read it you leave it blank. Someone please help me out here as I only want to do this once. Also if you do have to put your name in #10 what the heck are they asking for in part C when it asks if you currently have a hunting license or permit, because I don't hunt anymore and you cant get the license if you don't have a license or permit. Help me mister wizard :)

Guest tnmale46
O.K. I admit I must be stupid. But on the website that this thread originally linked to his instructions said to put yor name in item 10 and nothing else if you are a U.S. citizen. And the way I read it you leave it blank. Someone please help me out here as I only want to do this once. Also if you do have to put your name in #10 what the heck are they asking for in part C when it asks if you currently have a hunting license or permit, because I don't hunt anymore and you cant get the license if you don't have a license or permit. Help me mister wizard :)
just your name all the rest is blank
Guest sammopar

my check got cashed toward the end of July its now the end of sept. Looked and looked for some way to check on status of license anyone know a number or web site?

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting on the license but it's only been about six weeks so no real concern yet. The copy I sent to the CLEO was signed by him and returned to me. Is this normal procedure? I didn't really expect to get it back and none of the information I have seen led me to think it would be signed and returned. I'll keep it on hand but it was a suprise to get it back.

Still waiting on the license but it's only been about six weeks so no real concern yet. The copy I sent to the CLEO was signed by him and returned to me. Is this normal procedure? I didn't really expect to get it back and none of the information I have seen led me to think it would be signed and returned. I'll keep it on hand but it was a suprise to get it back.

I never got mine back from Serpas, don't expect to either. Maybe he was just confused and treating it like an ATF Form 4.

Guest Drewsett

Just ordered my pack of forms. I'm so very excited...if only I could say the same for my wife. I tried to point out the savings, but she rightly assumed that any money I saved would be spent on more guns...

oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Drewsett
Just ordered my pack of forms. I'm so very excited...if only I could say the same for my wife. I tried to point out the savings, but she rightly assumed that any money I saved would be spent on more guns...

oh well.

Got the forms today...that's a pretty quick turnaround, now hopefully the approval will go as quickly.