What's In A Name?

Loon160T

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
more like drenched.... comeeon bra!

Good, I give 98 percent of fellow TGO'ers more credit than that... but its the 2% I worry about....

Guest Glock23ForMe
Sir I am fluent in sarcasm. I began studying in high school and have continued my training through college with the help of friends and family.

Amen, brother. Sarcasm is my natural defense mechanism. When I was a child, my father raised me and it wasn't, "Son, that is not correct." It was more like, "What kind of idiot do you have to be to not put your shoes on the right feet and tie them, damn, you're four years old!?"

So, I learned to be witty, pretty quick.

Amen, brother. Sarcasm is my natural defense mechanism. When I was a child, my father raised me and it wasn't, "Son, that is not correct." It was more like, "What kind of idiot do you have to be to not put your shoes on the right feet and tie them, damn, you're four years old!?"

So, I learned to be witty, pretty quick.

Glad to see the fine arts of communication skills are alive and well in you young whipper-snappers.:D

Guest Halfpint
Resurrection for the newbs.
Hey, lemme alone! I was in boot/SOI when this thread was going around!

Mine comes from high school football, I was the only starter who was shorter than 5'8 . . . and since I stand about 5'4 and I was a HALFBACK, "Halfpint" just kinda started . . .

I should probably change it to Smurf or Blaze since those are all I hear now--Smurf from guys I went through boot camp with, Blaze from the guys in my unit who can never remember how to spell my name.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Yeah... one day my dad came home from work and was like "WHY DIDN'T YOU MOW THE YARD?!!?!?" So, I told him I had forgotten, which I did... He then said, "What would happen if I FORGOT to go to work today?!?" with which I quickly replied, "You would've had time to mow the yard." Wasn't a great night for me, though... I was like 16 at the time.

Yeah... one day my dad came home from work and was like "WHY DIDN'T YOU MOW THE YARD?!!?!?" So, I told him I had forgotten, which I did... He then said, "What would happen if I FORGOT to go to work today?!?" with which I quickly replied, "You would've had time to mow the yard." Wasn't a great night for me, though... I was like 16 at the time.

:D:rofl::D

• 7 months later...

My nickname was given to me by my boss and the group of sales guys/gals in my region because on the way to the first meeting in Memphis after I moved here in 89 I tore up my company car's front end. Hit a coon dog near the Waverly exit at about 75 mph. Saw it coming across the median but too late to do anything but hold on to the wheel!

Old thread revived again

I got mine from 1st now long time exwife I believe it went something like this

"Your just like the rest of your friends, no your worse than them your just plain ole laketrash"

Kinda hurt when she said I was "worse" than my friends

It didn't help when they got "laketrash" t-shirts made up or would knock at the door the next day after a "fun filled evening" and ask if "I could come out and play"

Anyway thats my story I'm still on the the lake, with a great wife and slowed WWWaaayyy down.

Edited by laktrash
Guest Grantonius

Not hard here, my name is Grant and one day me and my buddy were joking around about what it would be like to live in ancient rome. He called me Grantonius and its stuck. I'm right abouts the only Grantonius I know, so if you see one, it's probably me!

Bought a really fast cigar style boat from a friend when we lived out west. The boat was named "the energizer". The energizer bunny was painted on the back with flip flops, sunglasses and a beach towel draped over his shoulder. I decided to use the name when setting up an e-mail account back in the day. Energizer was taken so I added 2 more z's.

My oldest son is embarrassed when I provide my e-mail address to school, etc. Can't wait until he brings his first date to the house so I can show him what embarrassed really looks like....:D

Many moons ago I was looking at American Indian culture, and in a book I read there was a test to determine your "totem" creatures. Three of my more, impressive creatures were the eagle, wolf and bear. We won't get into the part where it lists my least impressive ones, lol. There were limited online venues in those early days of computing, but all of the sites that allowed one to use words instead of numbers already had users with just about any variation of those three. Finally, found a combination that worked, using a bit of lore from that old Daniel Boone story, where he alledgedly carved in a tree, "Danl Boone kilt a bare here." Voila, barewoolf, lol. Now I'm often accused of being a wolf in a bar, but heck I don't even drink or go to bars...guess it's time to think up a better screen name.